Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-28-2005, 12:25 AM   #41
Chris@TSE
I'd also like to ad I should have worded my statement a little differently. I did not intend to say he COULD NOT afford one. How would I know? I should have said it a bit differently, I guess saying "choose not to afford one" would have been more appropriate. My apologies

Old 05-28-2005, 12:35 AM   #42
Golden Gate Geckos
smile...

Quote:
I'd also like to ad I should have worded my statement a little differently. I did not intend to say he COULD NOT afford one. How would I know? I should have said it a bit differently, I guess saying "choose not to afford one" would have been more appropriate. My apologies.
See there? That's sooo much better!

Old 05-28-2005, 12:37 AM   #43
robin d.
i see hostility, rudeness and antagonism.... from a couple of parties... ahh to heck with it... we just need to do our business and we shall soon see how the market goes. that will comprehend the final word and i think two or three parties invoolved in this thread will be suprised... well maybe one wont ha but thats how the game is played

Old 05-28-2005, 12:53 AM   #44
ragnew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
First of all, I would like to give Robert a huge pat-on-the-back for posting how he really feels! He has nothing to lose, nothing to prove, and nothing to hide! Right on, Robert! Does this mean I agree with him? Not necessarily... but he has struck a nerve with many of you! Here's what I think, as if it really matters...
Not true! RT and many others have been chastised for 'jumping the gun' with the introduction of a 'new' morph. Look where that got the Giant project!
That is a cheap shot. ASSuming someone doesn't have the money to jump on the newest bandwagon over a leopard gecko morph is very different from not being interested in jumping on it!
Wrong again! Sorry guys, but the folks that are involved with this project seem to be doing the MOST complaining! Just do a search on Fauna using the keywords "Mack Snow" and see who is doing the most whining. "Me thinks ye protest too much".
What the ??? You have GOT to be kidding! Come on now... you know you don't feel bad at all!
This is pretty true for the most part. The Mack Snows ARE really cool! They just aren't cool enough for me to spend $1200.00 on, and I HAVE the money!

Listen Alex and Chris... I have a great deal of admiration for those of you who are working with this exciting new morph. I just have a real hard time with making this project so controversial right off the get-go! Just because someone doesn't share your enthusiasm for a particular project should not mean they are automatically fair game for a public lashing, and especially those who cannot justify paying the ransom for a leopard gecko in today's economy! If you really want people to share YOUR enthusiasm, then perhaps you should make an attempt at lessening the hostility you apparently have towards the rest of the Leopard Gecko community.

'Nuff said.
I agree with everything Marcia has just stated. I don't post here to often anymore, just seems a bit too naggy for my tastes any more, but Marcia just hit the nail.

I'd also have to pat Rob on the back as well, God forbid anyone have an opinion that strays to far from the pack and not expect some kind of lashing for it.... Now runs off to pat Rob on the back.

Old 05-28-2005, 12:53 AM   #45
Hues1
Quote:
so Im surfing the web checking up on the market seeing whats available and how the market is, and I cant help but make an argument on the pricing on Mack Snows. IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, and honestly anyone who purchases them right now is a fool. Sorry had to say it. I believe they first became public in the winter by Alex Hues, back then I could understand why they would sell them at $1000 a piece and people bought them..... First of all, they were pretty much over 80 grams, and ready to go(well worth the investment). People could buy them and breed them the instant they received them, and participate in the "race". Fast forward to today and they're trying to sell juveniles/sub-adults that are barely even sexable at a similar price($250 less is not that significant if your talking about $1000 geckos)???. lmao, Your dealing with a co-dom morph, you've seen what happened to the pricing of all new simple reccesive morphs, heck, I'm even bitter on the pricing of the blazing blizzards I produced, but co-dom, now thats a whole another story. The half-life on the pricing should be twice as quick. Yes, I know, Im expecting the "shut up's" followed by the "This post is just a bitter complaint", but hey.... it's a Opinion, and Im typing out loud.
Quote:
Subject: Please Add me to the Waiting List for Mack Snow Females
To: Sales@AlexHueReptiles.com
X-Antivirus-Scanner: Clean mail though you should still use an Antivirus
X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 7.0.308 [266.11.6]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=======AVGMAIL-428009B32094======="

--=======AVGMAIL-428009B32094=======
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-458274634-1115687323=:51245"

--0-458274634-1115687323=:51245
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

I Am only looking for full grown Proven Breeder Females that are super,
Thanks,
Robert
Quote:
To: "Sales @ Alex Hue Reptiles" <sales@alexhuereptiles.com>
In-Reply-To: <000d01c50cc4$d2c757d0$210110ac@ALEX>
X-Antivirus-Scanner: Clean mail though you should still use an Antivirus
X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 7.0.300 [265.8.5]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=======AVGMAIL-4206E8B07199======="

--=======AVGMAIL-4206E8B07199=======
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-610358358-1107749019=:12068"

--0-610358358-1107749019=:12068
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hey Alex,
If I bought one right now and you released them or even dropped the prices, I wouldnt complain, its all business.... Call it ruthless but thats how you make money. I am not looking for a pair anyhow, just a single super. I used to breed geckos a couple of years ago and got out of the hobbie because of business and I just got back into the hobbie this year. I am overwhelmed by the number of new morphs out. The market has changed, it doesn't seem like a free market anymore. It seems like the only person benefiting from the "controlled release" is the person who is responsible for the 5 vendors who has Mack snows at the moment. So what If I promised not to release any mack snows, would that make me a prospective client, if and only if I agreed to your ironclad terms???
Thanks for your breakdown,
Robert

"Sales @ Alex Hue Reptiles" <sales@alexhuereptiles.com> wrote:
its called a controled release, how would you feel if you purchased a Mack snow from me when they first became available and I didnt give you a chance to produce any offspring before I released the Mack supers ?. I'm currently not interested in any trades.

Alex

To: Sales @ Alex Hue Reptiles
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 9:10 PM
Subject: Re: Mack Snows

Hey Alex,
I have tremper blazing blizzards for trade....Would you consider a trade/cash offer for a mack super snow??? I dont understand why noone is offereng mack snows for sale this year, A lot of other vendors gave me the same exact response, it seems like your all working together. I understand you want to make money, but on the other hand, Im predicting that all of you will try to sell mack snows at the same time and find yourselves in a over-competitive market, resulting in price wars. Why not capitalize now???

"Sales @ Alex Hue Reptiles" <sales@alexhuereptiles.com> wrote:
no supers will be available until Sept/Oct.

Alex
----- Original Message -----
To: Sales@AlexHueReptiles.com
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 7:57 PM
Subject: Mack Snows

What is the cheapest you would over a super mack snow, of either sex?? Let me know,
David

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.

---------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.5 - Release Date: 02/03/2005
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.5 - Release Date: 02/03/2005
Quote:
wahberee
Hatchling

Post Points
[ Modify wahberee's Cash ]

Posted: 11 May 2005 08:24 pm Post subject: Hey Alex, I called a couple times, no reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyhow, do you have any full grown, or sub adult, codom mack snows???
Or maybe even Super Mack Snow Females?
Let me know

alexhue
Site Admin

Post Points
[ Modify alexhue's Cash ]

Posted: 13 May 2005 05:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only Mack snows available now...20 grams or so. No supers.
616-8355405
Hmmm for a guy that has a gripe towards the Mack Snows....ya think he was trying hard enough to get one...even going as far as to use a different name...hey Marcia ?

I mean...why would that someone even start a thread like this?

NUFF SAID.

Old 05-28-2005, 12:58 AM   #46
leaftail
Yup, Yup, Yup.. sour grapes all over the place. Its my opinion and I get to state it

Old 05-28-2005, 01:06 AM   #47
Vince
the person who sent you all those emails strated this thread?

Old 05-28-2005, 01:13 AM   #48
Hues1
Not only did he send me all of those e-mails...but he also sent e-mails to other people working with the Macks requesting to purchase them...heck, he was on my Forums on May 11th. trying to get Macks...that was only 2 weeks ago. And here I thought he was getting out of leopard geckos....things that make you go hmmmm.

Old 05-28-2005, 01:13 AM   #49
robin d.
you know honestly alex if anyone has ruin this iit is you and chris (no disrespect)... with all the controvery, bashing, poo talking i would imagine that customers would be much more inclined to buy from some of the other breeders that have snows than yourselves... it's not always about the geckos but about the people selling them. i never contacted you nor wanted to, you infacted pm'ed me... but if i had decided to buy those geckos, it would have been directly from john mack, period. and yes i do have the money but it wasnt an investment i wanted to be apart of .
i wanted answers not from YOU but from john mack personally not second hand possibly embellish info just to make a sale.
i think the screening is pure BS.. i think if ya had the money to buy it and YOU alex had the gecko it was yours and you most likely not sell to those that you nor your friends didnt like, plain and simple. nothing having to do with the market or certain breeders but MONEY who was willing to PAY. you got your money or some of it. we will see what the market will do and alex i am sure your not going to be suprised but i do think others will... hey isnt this all part of the game?

Old 05-28-2005, 01:18 AM   #50
Golden Gate Geckos
well...

Alex, I really think it's a shame that this lovely morph cannot be appreciated for it's unique beauty without all of this crap! I would love to have one of these lovely and awesome geckos, but in all honesty the controversy surrounding them has really spoiled it for me. The fact that you felt that it was necessary to share the emails only reaffirms my disappointment. In all honesty, if I had a Snow project going on right now I would consider dumping it before I got sucked into the whole mess and wound up losing my money and my relationships with the Leopard Gecko community... not to mention the respect and credence the morph deserves.

This is not personal, just my feelings of sadness.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!