Silkworms as a staple diet? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2005, 08:59 AM   #61
montezuma
Thanks, I was looking at that site last week and considered ordering some stuff.

I find it hard to believe that someone would leave their business in the hands of someone else without giving them the proper knowledge of what to do, especially when dealing with something so sensitive. I would never let my neighbor ship reptiles out for me... not even if I trained them on what to do.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:24 PM   #62
groovygeckos
Better luck

Well , our silks came today in much better shape . Pretty tasty i might ad (um i mean the geckos thought they were tasty)

Old 08-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #63
Matt Haines
Hmm, why would they send some poorly but the others in a manner to where they get there fine?

Old 08-21-2005, 08:08 AM   #64
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
Hmm, why would they send some poorly but the others in a manner to where they get there fine?
Are you calling me a liar? Why would I lie about it?????

When I talked to Pam, she said there was one responsible person sending out the orders, I think Dan got lucky..LOL She told me that she got a lot of emails from people complaining about there orders and that she has to send out a lot of replacements on Tuesday when she gets back.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:56 AM   #65
Matt Haines
I wasn't insinuating that you are a liar. Just trying to figure out if the same person sent out both good and bad packages or if there is one good person covering for her and the other was an idiot.

Old 08-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #66
raiquee
Got some silkies for the leos today at a swap. Got 40, and i pulled out about 10 of the largest and set them aside and fed off the rest. I figure i will try to get some eggs out of them as every single one of my leos teared into them!!

We have mulberry trees around here, so we kinda lucked out on that. In winter i think we will just feed a powdered chow, or have the leos on crix in the winter months

Old 08-22-2005, 11:15 AM   #67
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
I wasn't insinuating that you are a liar. Just trying to figure out if the same person sent out both good and bad packages or if there is one good person covering for her and the other was an idiot.
Even if there wasn't an idiot (But accordeing to Pam there was), it is very easy to contaminate silkworms, unfortunately the person who packed mine was the idiot. It is my luck anyway, this whole week has been bad for me.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:06 PM   #68
Matt Haines
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGECKOS
Even if there wasn't an idiot (But accordeing to Pam there was), it is very easy to contaminate silkworms, unfortunately the person who packed mine was the idiot. It is my luck anyway, this whole week has been bad for me.
That is unfortunate. Hopefully next week will prove to be more in your favor. I hate when things start snowballing.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:05 PM   #69
ShannanD25
I just ordered from Mulberry farms.
I ordered 2,000 eggs and chow.
I need to find out what a Mulberry tree looks like and go in search of some leaves.
I know the feeling Jeanne...it sucks getting nasty feeders...
for the past 5 weeks now I have been trying to get mealies from Reptile Direct....I orderd on a Thursday because I was out....well they did not even ship my order till the following Wed. They show up Thursday dead...imagine the smell of 10,000 mealies dead.....so I called and sent pictures of proof and told the guy it was vital for me to get a replacement shipment ASAP as I was out totally and already had gone 1 week without mealies...well another full week goes by and this time I dont get them until the following Friday....dead again...Thankfully that Saturday was a rep show and I got a bag of 5,000 beautiful fat mealies...so we try th e next week.......well Friday comes and goes...no mealies...I email them and he says he doesnt know why they did not ship them out....they'll ship out the following week (thank god I had bought those others at the show)...following week comes and goes...and no mealies....so I email him again....today he claims they are being shipped out today...I am not holding my breath...but will be when I get the box....oh and this box of 10,000 I orderd, when dumped out covers less area then the bag of 5,000....the box was lighter as well then the bag of 5,000...I have my doubts as to the count being correct.
Meanwhile I found a new mealie supplier with great prices....sunshinemealworms.com....

I just wish my mealworm colony would grow faster....the colony can't keep up to my Leos demands....
Keeping my fingers crossed with the silkies!

Old 08-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #70
USAGECKOS
Wow, I will never order from those people, thanks for the warning! You should post it in the BOI. I order my mealies, supers, and crickets from The Superworm Farm.

Pam (Silkworm wholesale) assured me that this was a one time occurance, so I am hoping that my replacements will be much better (Like Dans). If not, its back to The Silkworm Farm!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!