Where is..... - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #91
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
I too have been talking to Wes, he is fine on TRR and many of us go there too. He is fine where he is at. Although my personal opinion is that although he is a pain in the ass at times, he was more of an asset here more then a hinderance. IMHO Fauna lost a good guy with good ratings, that a lot of people liked.
But as long as he is ok with this, its not the end of his world, and Rich is adament about not letting him back on, I, too, will drop it.
I will lastly say that I do believe it was unfair, and a certain someone, banned from TRR herself knows it.
Unfair? Do yourself a favor, Rozann. Take a look at Wes's LONG list of warning point infractions. I think I counted 40 of them, made by all of the moderators on this site.

UNFAIR??

Man, I just love a good joke. LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

Ahem, sorry, but this is just TOO funny.

So tell me, Rozanne, if you were in my shoes, you would have allowed Wes to just keep on with his actions forever? Is that it? Well if so, WHY, might I ask? Why should Wes have been given special treatment? Why should I have allowed him to make a complete mockery of the warning system, my rules, and my authority to make an honest attempt to give this site some sort of credibility?

UNFAIR?? When some member gets 186 warning points, I am UNFAIR to finally say enough is enough?

So if Wes is what you want, then you do know where Wes is, right? Well go there, please. Wes doesn't have any controlling interest in this site and has proven himself incompatible with the way I wish it to be run and the manner in which I wish the participants to act.

Anyone who believes my actions were unwarranted, unfair, ill conceived, premature, or in poor taste is welcome to follow Wes to wherever it is he goes off to. I cannot stop you, and quite honestly can't think of a single earthly reason why I would even want to lift a finger to try. If Wes's actions are what certain people are looking for as entertainment on this site, then they are welcome to seek out that entertainment elsewhere.

Personally I don't care if Wes is OK with this or not, nor even if it would cause the end of the world. So yes, you might just as well drop it, because I am adamant about sticking to my decision.

I believe now that I have made my stance perfectly clear now, haven't I? If you still have any doubts, please reread this thread from beginning to end and review my posts about this matter.

If anyone wants to stage a "sit out", protest, boycott, or foot stomping, breath holding temper tantrum about it, then by all means, knock yourself out.

Wes is gone from here.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #92
ms_terese
Easy, there, Rich. You might want to read Roz's post again.
Quote:
I too have been talking to Wes, he is fine on TRR and many of us go there too. He is fine where he is at. Although my personal opinion is that although he is a pain in the ass at times, he was more of an asset here more then a hinderance. IMHO Fauna lost a good guy with good ratings, that a lot of people liked.
But as long as he is ok with this, its not the end of his world, and Rich is adament about not letting him back on, I, too, will drop it.
I will lastly say that I do believe it was unfair, and a certain someone, banned from TRR herself knows it.
She gave her opinion, then said that since it wasn't an issue with Wes and you were firm, she would drop the debate about it. She believes it's unfair. Is she allowed to do that? Maybe she has different criteria than you do; maybe she's comparing Wes' posts to warning points ratio, or using the square root of his rep points, etc. It doesn't matter: she stated her OPINION, and others chimed in. Not one person questioned your authority to make the decision, nor did one person in this thread make a derogatory comment to or about you. Several folks posted that they agreed with your action; others posted they didn't.

I'm a little baffled at why you are reacting so aggressively. I thought disagreement was still acceptable here, as long as it was handled respectfully?

Old 11-20-2005, 11:41 PM   #93
sirenofthestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Please let me know where that perfect world you live in is located. I might like to visit there now and again.

It's called Michigan You're welcome any time, but you missed a very nice fall color season if I don't say so myself. If you let me know when you come up here for some midwestern hospitality, I'll personally deliver two dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies anywhere in SE MI (my latin professor said they're better than mom's).

Old 11-21-2005, 12:38 AM   #94
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
Easy, there, Rich. You might want to read Roz's post again. She gave her opinion, then said that since it wasn't an issue with Wes and you were firm, she would drop the debate about it. She believes it's unfair. Is she allowed to do that? Maybe she has different criteria than you do; maybe she's comparing Wes' posts to warning points ratio, or using the square root of his rep points, etc. It doesn't matter: she stated her OPINION, and others chimed in. Not one person questioned your authority to make the decision, nor did one person in this thread make a derogatory comment to or about you. Several folks posted that they agreed with your action; others posted they didn't.

I'm a little baffled at why you are reacting so aggressively. I thought disagreement was still acceptable here, as long as it was handled respectfully?
Aggressive? Wow, this is all really light stuff I am throwing out here. Believe me, this is nowhere near me getting angry and really letting loose.

Really, I don't care all that much about the Wes situation to get angry over it at all. Wes is smart enough to know he got what he deserved here. Other people seem oblivious to the track record, and really that is more their problem then it is mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
Webslave, I remember a few weeks ago that you made a remark that if someone gave you 1,000 they could have a good guy thread. My mind has been spinning and I was wondering that since you are a business man and it takes money to run a business, what would it take monetarily to get wes reinstated? It wouldnt do the site any harm since you can see that a large portion of people liked him and miss him. Even yourself should be able to admit he did a lot more good over the years then harm.Sure he has a temper and a heaping helping of pride and stubburness, but even with his faults he would still be a asset to fauna and most importantly the BOI.
Think about it a while.....think about what would be the magic number for lowering your standards just a little this time and allowing a slight pain in the ass like WES to rejoin us here at fauna.
Sorry, I missed this post the first time around.

Yeah you do that. If you can get enough people here to drum up a $1,000 fine, sure, I'll let Wes back on. But there are no guarantees whatsoever that he won't go through the fines and suspensions again, and it will NOT be a carte blanche. So yeah, show me what overwhelming support Wes has and if anyone is willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Matter of fact, I would be perfectly willing to consider a general policy where the 100 point suspension limit becomes a $1,000 fine and suspension. I would expect that in 99.999 percent of the cases, such a thing would be a permanent ban anyway. So yeah, the "business man" in me doesn't have a problem with that suggestion.

Yup, show me how bad you all want Wes to come back here.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:46 AM   #95
ms_terese
Quote:
Aggressive?
Yes, my interpretation was that your response was aggressive. After re-reading your post several times, I still see it that way.

I don't equate aggressive with getting angry and letting loose, however.

Sheesh, these differing opinions (and definitions) just keep rearing their ugly heads on this thread...I think I'll just go to bed.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:49 AM   #96
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
Yes, my interpretation was that your response was aggressive. After re-reading your post several times, I still see it that way.

I don't equate aggressive with getting angry and letting loose, however.

Sheesh, these differing opinions (and definitions) just keep rearing their ugly heads on this thread...I think I'll just go to bed.
Aw heck, as long as you have been here, I would have thought for certain you had seen me REALLY in aggressive mode......... I just find this thread kind of amusing in a weird sort of way. "Wes groupies". Who'd a thunk it?

Old 11-21-2005, 05:16 AM   #97
DAND
Question Groupies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Aw heck, as long as you have been here, I would have thought for certain you had seen me REALLY in aggressive mode......... I just find this thread kind of amusing in a weird sort of way. "Wes groupies". Who'd a thunk it?
So I guess when the members were supporting you when you decided on the Membership fees they were your "groupies"? Sorry bud, I supported you then and still do but I'm not a groupie and never will be. Showing someone support equals being a groupie. Then I guess sarcasm equals aggression. One of these two statements are true.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:44 AM   #98
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
So I guess when the members were supporting you when you decided on the Membership fees they were your "groupies"? Sorry bud, I supported you then and still do but I'm not a groupie and never will be. Showing someone support equals being a groupie. Then I guess sarcasm equals aggression. One of these two statements are true.
Hmmmmmm I never really thought about it that way David.I thought when we all rallied to Rich's side it was called Support never thought of it as being a Rich groupie, People I thought stuck together out of love and respect for a person and what they believed in, But then again who knows these days where loyalities begins and groupieism ends,I guess in todays world it's getting harder to tell JMO

Old 11-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #99
ms_terese
Quote:
So I guess when the members were supporting you when you decided on the Membership fees they were your "groupies"?
Actually, I considered those people (myself included) as staunch supporters of something that, while imperfect, was valuable enough to stand behind as it evolved.

I didn't realize that made me a groupie in Rich's eyes, but the correlation is sure there. Hmmmm. Gotta go think about that for awhile.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:35 AM   #100
Chris Kennard
From webslave....
Quote:
Yeah you do that. If you can get enough people here to drum up a $1,000 fine, sure, I'll let Wes back on.
And there ya have it folks. Surely such a popular fella has fifty supporters who are willing to cough up twenty bucks to get him back in here. Put your money where your mouths are!
From Rosanne....
Quote:
he was more of an asset here more then a hinderance. IMHO Fauna lost a good guy with good ratings, that a lot of people liked.
There ya go. Perhaps you should get the ball rollin'.
Before you all donate your hard earned cash, you might consider getting a signed agreement from Wes stating that when he gets ejected again, he has to pay you all back. Surely such a great assett and "good guy" would gladly and readily agree to such terms to protect his staunch supporters. I'm sure a grand is a drop in the bucket for such a successful businessman. Perhaps he could just put up the money himself so as to not jeopardize wasting your hard earned cash.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread