Where is..... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 06:34 AM   #61
Cat_72
OK, here's another question.........

Say someone has like, oh.......95 warning points, lol. Is it possible they could ever be like, a REALLY good boy for a reallllyyyy loooooonggggggggg time, and earn some of those warning points to go away? Like getting time off from your prison sentence for good behavior, so to speak.......? Just a thought.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #62
WebSlave
You would think that after someone got 95 warning points they would be able to figure out the fact that perhaps their personality and this site are possibly not compatible. So two choices present themselves to them: (1) Make a very strenuous effort to really figure out how to become a socially acceptable human being on this site, or (2) SERIOUSLY start looking for a new playground.

Remember that one of the main reasons I decided to keep the warning system as a publicly viewable record (and this is an OPTION, not a requirement), was because I wanted everyone to have an audit trail of the reasons behind what myself and the moderators do here to try to keep the peace. In that way, when someone does get themselves banned, all someone has to do is to look at the history behind that event and make their own determination as to whether it was justified or not. Yeah, there will always be some disagreement, for certain. Some people would do a permanent ban immediately with merely 10 points, and others might want it to ride along to 1,000 warning points (or perhaps NEVER). And yes as well, some people would choose to treat someone differently depending on who they were rather then being unbiased about it.

This site is being run how I choose to run it. And it is being done by the seat of my pants. I have never done something like this before, and there really are no guidelines or "Idiot's Guide" workbooks on how is best to do so. Sometimes I will change my mind when things don't appear to be working as I had hoped. And I will admit that most of my problems likely stem from the fact that I find some peoples motivations and outlook on life to be completely incomprehensible. Why anyone would want to come to a public message board with no other goal then to simply be a pain in the ass to everyone else defies everything I would consider as being reasonable and sane. But it happens all of the time, so perhaps my outlook is at fault.

Beats me. My goals were pretty straight forward, I thought. Set up a website where people could discuss things close to their heart and/or wallets. Give them a place such as the BOI where things could be discussed that might make the world a better place. Seems simple enough, doesn't it? Yet some people would like nothing better then to tear it down to the ground. What is the motivation behind someone like that?

I'll tell you, if this is a cross sectional sampling of humanity in general, we are all in REALLY bad shape. No wonder the world is like it is. It is a result of US.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #63
ms_terese
Roz, last I heard Wes was still hanging out in *HELL*, so it's possible to join there and get the benefit of Wes' opinions. You probably heard that already, but I didn't see it in this thread so I wanted to point it out.

With Wes' popularity, he may want to consider charging $10 a year himself for people to get on an email list for "Wes Rants", since I think he's probably the major draw into *HELL* at the moment

Old 11-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #64
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Why anyone would want to come to a public message board with no other goal then to simply be a pain in the ass to everyone else defies everything I would consider as being reasonable and sane.
In the immortal words of dennis dynes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
because i can
Rich,

There are people who are mentally unbalanced, people who need or simply want attention, etc, etc. Like children who are needy, even negative attention is "good" attention for such "attention whores". For some it is a game. Their personality is based on "one-upmanship" and they feel they have "one-upped" you and your site by disrupting it. For some it is simply based on an anti-social, narcissistic, or other personality disorders.

I can go on and on but I think that you get the point. If people only behaved logically and morally there would be many fewer prisons and prisoners. Human nature is not always rational and logical, much less moral. Frankly, I would rather attention whores disrupt internet forums than burn buildings or "go postal". That doesn't mean that you should tolerate it on your site, but it's a small thing in comparison to how some people act out their antisocial tendencies. That it surprises you after all this time is the only thing I find surprising in the least. You are not a naïve man. Maybe too much of an optimist at times...

Old 11-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #65
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
Roz, last I heard Wes was still hanging out in *HELL*, so it's possible to join there and get the benefit of Wes' opinions. You probably heard that already, but I didn't see it in this thread so I wanted to point it out.

With Wes' popularity, he may want to consider charging $10 a year himself for people to get on an email list for "Wes Rants", since I think he's probably the major draw into *HELL* at the moment
I don't know where you heard this but I have not seen him there. Last I heard he is banned from the site.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #66
ms_terese
Quote:
I don't know where you heard this but I have not seen him there. Last I heard he is banned from the site.
I don't remember exactly, but saw several references to being able to only access Wes via *HELL*.

Of course, I may be mistaken, which is why I said "last I heard". There are a few forums here that I've decided not to take part in, *HELL* being one of them

Old 11-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #67
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
In the immortal words of dennis dynes: Because I can.
Actually folks I can't believe nobody has noticed this yet. I think Webslave has noticed but has anyone else???

Dennis can't make any one of you respond to him. He's playing with some people on this site and they're falling for him hook, line and sinker.

If you DID NOT respond to his disrupting posts, do you think he would continue to post? He would get tired of being ignored and simply get with the program or go away.
Quote:
There are people who are mentally unbalanced, people who need or simply want attention, etc, etc. Like children who are needy, even negative attention is "good" attention for such "attention whores". For some it is a game. Their personality is based on "one-upmanship" and they feel they have "one-upped" you and your site by disrupting it. For some it is simply based on an anti-social, narcissistic, or other personality disorders.
Sorry JimO but you just described yourself to a T. Your continuous responses to Dennis1's posts prove that.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:10 PM   #68
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
People who are banned have access to hell.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:13 PM   #69
Chris@TSE
actually last time I spoke with wes, he did not have access to hell either...........

Old 11-20-2005, 01:24 PM   #70
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Sorry JimO but you just described yourself to a T. Your continuous responses to Dennis1's posts prove that.
I thought you guys kissed and made up. Ding ding....round two.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread