Hows this for odds........ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-24-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
Sarah H
Hows this for odds........

This is the first clutch from a bell albino male x sh 100%het bell(daughter of the male from a shtctcross last year).

One is definitely bell, now the clutchmate that just hatched looks like a rainwater I think. either way she is not a bell,lol.

I think I remember Chad telling me when I got the dad from him that he was 50%possable het rainwater. Chad you there???

So what do you guys think? rainwater?

Old 05-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #2
Xavier
Well to me they look the same but I know something they are very nice hatchlings

Old 05-24-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
Jeremy Letkey
Sarah, you'll notice the RW is not afraid to open it's eyes. I believe that may indeed be a RW. Kind of cool but also a little troublesome as far as the genetics go.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
Blazin
Awesome Sarah!!! Thats very cool to see stuff pop out like that! Yep that huge male you got from me was possibly het for rainwater. Ahh make that is het for rainwater! Very cool to see grandkids!

Old 05-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Blazin
Should be cool to see both strains of hybinos pop out from one female as well!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:51 PM   #6
LeosForLess
Well, you may have discovered a new strain That is so cool that yo uhatched a rianwater outta that! Sweet!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #7
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeosForLess
Well, you may have discovered a new strain
How do you figure that?

Old 05-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
Sarah H
Thanks All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Letkey
Sarah, you'll notice the RW is not afraid to open it's eyes. I believe that may indeed be a RW. Kind of cool but also a little troublesome as far as the genetics go.
Thanks Jeremy, I think it is a rainwater. Just odd I didn't even expect two albinos in the first two eggs then to be two different strains.
Why troublesome as far as the genetics go?

Old 05-25-2006, 07:38 AM   #9
LeosForLess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
How do you figure that?
LOL X cool your jets , it was just a joke. As i said it was cool that you hatched out a rainwater.
On another note
Is there any possilbity that it is a Las Vegas Bell Albino?

Old 05-25-2006, 08:20 AM   #10
Jeremy Letkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah H
Thanks All

Thanks Jeremy, I think it is a rainwater. Just odd I didn't even expect two albinos in the first two eggs then to be two different strains.
Why troublesome as far as the genetics go?
I say this because someone who has received offspring from you may have bred them as well. If someone who does not know the genetics behind the animals were to produce the animals that you just did... there would be a lot of confusion. They would assume they were both Bell strain albinos. Also now all of your offspring are het for both strains. Until you do test breeding you can not be certain of the genetics of these animals. These both may be Bell albinos. They may also both be RW albinos. You may have one of each. You will have to breed them to be certain. If you were to bred sib x sib how would you determine the strain of albinism that was produced? They all need to be tested. I'm not trying to make it out to be a bad thing. It however will be a pain in the butt in my opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!