The wild, wild, west! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:12 PM   #41
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
This guy needs to be banned. Waaaayyyy to wild wild west posts from this idiot.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&postcount=54
Wow...that's worse than anything on the BOI.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #42
TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Perhaps you aren't looking at this from my perspective. I make the decisions here on how this site IS, so anyone bashing the results of my decisions is also bashing me because what you see here is the result of my decisions on how to run it, or allow it to be by deliberate inaction on my part.

It's not like you are complaining to middle management about a company and they just shrug it off saying that they are just following orders. You are talking to the guy who makes those orders. That's a WHOLE different situation.

In other words, if someone looks at your child and says the child is ugly and stupid, it's YOUR genes involved in making the child look and act the way it is. And you are telling me you wouldn't get offended at that if it were YOUR child?

In my case, I am telling you that I tried the plastic surgery and mental enhancements on this site and they did not help reach the nirvana that some people think is attainable. It just cost me a lot of time, money, effort, and aggravation trying to reach that goal, which in my opinion, was all wasted. And now people are blaming me because I have decided to stop wasting all of the above on this site.

So I am letting the site be whatever it is based on what the people here make it. So ugly and stupid is as ugly and stupid does here. That's your choice to make. I am not interested in trying to make this site, and by association those people to whom the label applies, less ugly and less stupid looking through my own efforts. As far as the outside world is concerned YOU are what YOU post here. If you want to make yourself look like a fool, I am not going to stand in your way with a bunch of rules and guidelines, or clean up your mess afterwards.
Rich. Herein lies the rub for me. (See bold) The implication may be that you are stuck with the image portrayed by those most persistent in their arguments or attacks, however wrong they are. Beyond just allowing folks an opportunity to display who they are, by your own analogy above, you seem to be willing to allow your character to be reflected in the conduct of this group as a whole. Without ignoring the enormity of the task of maintaining some semblance of control, are you really willing for others (many of whom may be the antithesis of what you represent), to define this facet of your character?

Old 11-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #43
Monte
In addition, I don't think a lot of the 40 year old adolescents ruining this site give a hoot about Rich's reputation. It's like it's become a free for all - a place where the some of the worst stereotypes of the herp culture lurk. And that makes me feel bad - because it wasn't like this before.

But I guess it's easy for me to criticize. I just hope things work out.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #44
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
In addition, I don't think a lot of the 40 year old adolescents ruining this site give a hoot about Rich's reputation. It's like it's become a free for all - a place where the some of the worst stereotypes of the herp culture lurk. And that makes me feel bad - because it wasn't like this before.

Well said.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #45
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
Exactly who would you be referring to as the "the worst stereo types of the herp comunity"??? According to your join date Monte, you were here when the dirty dozen were around, and you should remember how hostile the BOI was in comparison today.

I have said it before....lead by example, but please do not criticize. This is the best place on the net, a place that I like to call home.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #46
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Exactly who would you be referring to as the "the worst stereo types of the herp comunity"??? According to your join date Monte, you were here when the dirty dozen were around, and you should remember how hostile the BOI was in comparison today.

I have said it before....lead by example, but please do not criticize. This is the best place on the net, a place that I like to call home.
I too like Fauna, Laura. But why are you denying people the chance to say how they feel? Didn't you say how you felt, in no uncertain terms, back a ways in Fauna history?
The BOI is a place that was meant for people to criticize others who handed them a raw deal. I think that one can describe a bad business deal without being abusive, however.
There is a way this can be done without the current nastiness, and I certainly think that allowing people to point that out is a way to make this home better.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #47
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I too like Fauna, Laura. But why are you denying people the chance to say how they feel? Didn't you say how you felt, in no uncertain terms, back a ways in Fauna history?
The BOI is a place that was meant for people to criticize others who handed them a raw deal. I think that one can describe a bad business deal without being abusive, however.
There is a way this can be done without the current nastiness, and I certainly think that allowing people to point that out is a way to make this home better.
I certainly think that YOU certainly think that your way should be THE way of fauna.

That didn't work out to well for you though did it? What with the abuse of your position, your lying, your deleting and editing posts to make YOU look better, the overwhelming schmarminess of your sicklystickysweet lil' ol me miss innocent persona that you foisted off on The Faithful Fauna Readers. That was not pleasant at all.

Lead by example, that's an excellent bit of advice.

Change by sniping and snide comments and little signs, well, maybe not so good to anyone but the schmarmy.

It's the real world out there and, if I recall correctly, YOU used to be my #1 fan. I haven't changed anything much, which you were all for when you thought I'd blindly go along with whatever you did or said.

It seems your tune changed when I said something about you and your inconsistencies, abuses of position and lying.

It's fine when it was someone else but when the worm turned and you were the target, all of a sudden it was NOT the best way to behave.

Tell shrillomn I said hello and good riddance too, that was rather pathetic.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #48
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
I certainly think that YOU certainly think that your way should be THE way of fauna.

That didn't work out to well for you though did it? What with the abuse of your position, your lying, your deleting and editing posts to make YOU look better, the overwhelming schmarminess of your sicklystickysweet lil' ol me miss innocent persona that you foisted off on The Faithful Fauna Readers. That was not pleasant at all.

Lead by example, that's an excellent bit of advice.

Change by sniping and snide comments and little signs, well, maybe not so good to anyone but the schmarmy.

It's the real world out there and, if I recall correctly, YOU used to be my #1 fan. I haven't changed anything much, which you were all for when you thought I'd blindly go along with whatever you did or said.

It seems your tune changed when I said something about you and your inconsistencies, abuses of position and lying.

It's fine when it was someone else but when the worm turned and you were the target, all of a sudden it was NOT the best way to behave.

Tell shrillomn I said hello and good riddance too, that was rather pathetic.
Part of the problem for Rich seem to be crybabies.
Attached Files
File Type: doc lucille crying to rich 11-19-06.doc (422.0 KB, 150 views)

Old 11-19-2006, 10:54 PM   #49
Laura Fopiano
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Have you ever witnessed me being abusive to anyone on this forum??? I have way to much respect for Rich to do that.
I am not denying anyones oppinion here, I detest sensorship, and believe in our right to free speech. I asked a simple question...nothing more! And it was a direct question to Monty.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #50
Monte
You're right - I was here during some of ding-a-ling posts - but they were policed and taken care of. I remember distinctlly that the BOI was started because of Rich's experience and the FACT that there are a lot of creeps in this business/hobby.

In my recollection - it got a lot better as the creeps were exposed - but now it seems to be spinning away again.

And as far as criticism goes - I paid my dues - I've always supported Rich - I think I'm entitled. Just because you seem to like it doesn't mean I have to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!