The wild, wild, west! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:27 AM   #51
Shrillomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
I certainly think that YOU certainly think that your way should be THE way of fauna.

That didn't work out to well for you though did it? What with the abuse of your position, your lying, your deleting and editing posts to make YOU look better, the overwhelming schmarminess of your sicklystickysweet lil' ol me miss innocent persona that you foisted off on The Faithful Fauna Readers. That was not pleasant at all.

Lead by example, that's an excellent bit of advice.

Change by sniping and snide comments and little signs, well, maybe not so good to anyone but the schmarmy.

It's the real world out there and, if I recall correctly, YOU used to be my #1 fan. I haven't changed anything much, which you were all for when you thought I'd blindly go along with whatever you did or said.

It seems your tune changed when I said something about you and your inconsistencies, abuses of position and lying.

It's fine when it was someone else but when the worm turned and you were the target, all of a sudden it was NOT the best way to behave.

Tell shrillomn I said hello and good riddance too, that was rather pathetic.
Wes, Wes, Wes, yet another example of your penchant for swinging wildly without anything to back it up other than your bloated ego. Both Monte and Lucille make valid points here. Instead of responding to them like an adult considering another point of view, we get to have ringside seats at your latest explosion of petulance. Gee....what a surprise.

This site can take a giant step towards being the sort of resource it could be once the need for petty outbursts like the one quoted above are the exception rather than the norm.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #52
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrillomn
Wes, Wes, Wes, yet another example of your penchant for swinging wildly without anything to back it up other than your bloated ego. Both Monte and Lucille make valid points here. Instead of responding to them like an adult considering another point of view, we get to have ringside seats at your latest explosion of petulance. Gee....what a surprise.

This site can take a giant step towards being the sort of resource it could be once the need for petty outbursts like the one quoted above are the exception rather than the norm.
Ok chickenlittle, er lucille, if YOU say so.........

mi mi mi....la la la ....... harumph harumph cough cough mi mi mi....

AHAHAHahahahhahaHAHAHAHAHAHahahahAHAHAHahahahahahA HAHahah

YOU can't even use your real name and YOU talk about making things better?

How typically spineless.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #53
Laura Fopiano
I really think that Rich has made it pretty clear as to how things will be done around here....and exactly why I have said "lead by example" Am I happy about the way some folks behave on the BOI? Heavens no! I joined "Hell so if I really felt that I needed to be a potty mouth, I could do so there.

I find no need to argue with other fauna members on the BOI, and find it counter productive. I can agree to disagree and will usually stop posting on a given thread that has truly warn out it's welcome. The TSE thread is a good example of that and so is the Allen Belcher thread.

In closing, I agree with everything that has been said here in this thread, but, the bottom line is, it's Rich's site and all of us have to live with his rules. I can disagree with under moderation or overmoderation, but Rich is the boss here and I respect him for all that he has done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Well it proved to be too much work, not enough pay, made me the target of untold numbers of hate emails and PMs, and in the end proved to be detrimental to the BOI in general by not allowing people's TRUE personality show through.

I caught an incredible amount of antagonism and abuse from people who felt they had a RIGHT to post derogatory and abusive messages on this site. I have been belittled and maligned for requiring paid members only to have the ability to post on the BOI in order to filter out most (if not all) of the false registrations that plagued it before and after, in an effort to make it more credible. And quite frankly the pittance I received did help pay for some of the effort I had to expend in order to do the cleanup, if not in the amount, but the gestures made by the people paying the fee. I saw plain and obvious signs that traffic was declining because of people just flat out refusing to pay the minimum $10 in order to help fund the effort required to do what I felt was needed to be done. When I noted the number of people declining to renew their paid memberships, it was a clear signal to me, that the value of the BOI to them, as I was trying to make it in my cleanup efforts, was not quite the price I had set.

I can't say you are all getting what you want here, but you ARE getting what your (in a broad general sense, no one in particular) actions have indicated you asked for. Yes, I am not happy with the way the BOI has become at all, and I know it could be "better". But from the results of the required paid memberships and the flak I caught because of it, the effort needed to reach that goal is not worth the pain it would take (on my part, for free) to get there.

I have learned my lesson, and I can see absolutely no reason whatsoever to repeat that attempt again.

Again, this is not directed at any one person. This is the result of a balance sheet of factors covering every aspect of this site and the conclusions I had to come to based on those factors.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #54
Wilomn
Laura, it's not only his SIGHT but his SITE.

lol

Old 11-21-2006, 01:08 AM   #55
varnyard
Pez Wollock AKA Nobody, I see you are still looming/trolling without stating your real name. You have things to say, but your words have no meaning. Is it that you are ashamed of your real self? Or is it that your real name has too much smut?

I hear the jellyfish are here this time of year, too bad they have no back bone. They just slime along trying to see where the current will take them.

Sorry, but there is no excuse for your actions.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #56
Shrillomn
Nice attitude for a moderator, Bobby.

Funny thing is, based on your own posts, I believe we probably feel the same way about many of the issues here...and after all, it is the policy of the site in which you are a moderator that allows me to exist here anonymously anyway.

Hows that for irony!

Old 11-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #57
Chameleon Company
..... Shrillomn .... just saw it today. While I agree that hiding behind an alias is not good practice, I did laugh at the name. As much as I may agree with the content, IMO Shrill needs to take off the cloak and post mano-a-mano, or go away. Its bad form.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #58
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrillomn
Nice attitude for a moderator, Bobby.

Funny thing is, based on your own posts, I believe we probably feel the same way about many of the issues here...and after all, it is the policy of the site in which you are a moderator that allows me to exist here anonymously anyway.

Hows that for irony!
Shrillomn, that is funny!! But I have a habit of calling a spade a spade. I will not see you as more than what you chose to be. It was you choice to be nothing and in doing so, you will be pitted as such. It has nothing to do with moderation, but it does in life.

Good luck on your future anonymously.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #59
Wilomn
Face it guys, cowards abound and frankly, I'm obviously too good for this coward, this loose wheel in the gears of the machinery of life itself, if you will, to face me in the open.

It's not the first and likely not the last we'll see of cowardice when it comes to meeting me one on one.

It just comes with the territory, cowards flinging poo from the cover of their hovels.

It must SUCK to be so afraid of ME.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #60
Monte
What are you talking about?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!