Mods who are SOOOOO smart they don't even have to read the guidelines - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #31
Sledgehammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
At this point, money DOES equal power.....if you pay your 100 bucks, you can have the power, no matter who or what you are.
Exactly Cathy.
Here we all sit discussing this and with every additional thread comes more controversy. And with additional controversy come the additional people who want the power.

And all the while, Rich Z sits back and collects the Paypal payments and laughs at all of the fools who are willing to pay to moderate the site that he has essentially abandoned. Some may state that their payments have a higher purpose, but do they have a higher purpose as far as Rich Z is concerned?

There is only one smart person here.

He's the one getting the money.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #32
DaveyFig
...ok

Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #33
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
Exactly Cathy.
Here we all sit discussing this and with every additional thread comes more controversy. And with additional controversy come the additional people who want the power.

And all the while, Rich Z sits back and collects the Paypal payments and laughs at all of the fools who are willing to pay to moderate the site that he has essentially abandoned. Some may state that their payments have a higher purpose, but do they have a higher purpose as far as Rich Z is concerned?

Welcome to the entertainment biz.

I was wondering how long it would long it would take for someone to say that.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #34
jsrocket
Now, I know.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #35
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
Exactly Cathy.

Yeah, I know, I'm going to get FILTHY rich because of this new plan....... You know you guys REALLY crack me up.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #36
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Okay, from what I have read here lately, some of the folks here can step over the line. Whether I agree with Christopher's style of moderation or not does not seem to be the issue at hand, and IF I have an issue with Chris, I will take it up in pm or in the mod forum.

What I see is that some of the members believe that money equals power, I'm sorry but I disagree. I did not buy my coin to moderate, I bought the same coin that I have always had from the bargaining, to support this site, a site that I believe in and a site that has brought me some of the best friends that I could ever have.

This site and it's members should be treated with respect at all times, unless, they are a proven bad guy on the BOI or a troll. And yes, respect does go both ways. Treat others as you wish to be treated, follow the rules of this site, and all should be just fine....I hope.

When i said "Money = Power" (While, it DOES...for some ) I did NOT imply that ALL of the people who do have that power and have paid for it because they always have, are abusing it. But there will be people who will pay that money to have that power to ding those they dont like. ^_-

Laura, you of a select few, have been the most fair on this site, always, and while you are just keeping your membership where its at because you want to support fauna, others want it simply for those pretty gold coins, and the ability to ding somone back. I wasnt directing it at anyone in particular though. Just for the record.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #37
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Sammy, you had to be there. In less than 30 minutes he tried to ding me three times not knowing that he was limited to one. It amused me. Then I figured I would rub his nose in his stupidity.
Wes, I know. And I also know full well that you aint disputing points given and all of that. You simply took an opportunity to rub someones nose who you dont like. It's a familiar tune.

There are plenty of folks here who could justifiably single out many members of this community and for any number of reasons. Stupidity, inability to think for themselves, prejudice, talking out both sides of their mouthes, lying, stealing, scamming, stalking, trolling, playing the false martyr, etc, etc, etc. It is all there for all of us to see. And yes, most of us do see it. As plain as day.

But to take most of these people to task over it..... whats the point? Is it going to make the situation better? No. Is it going to change any of these people or other peoples perceptions? No. So my attitude is why bother? If it aint going to improve the situation or help bring about a positive change then it aint worth my time.

Change. HA! What an ironic word that is. For all of the "CHANGE" that has gone on around here, change is one of the things that I havent seen. It is still the same old story lines that have been in place for a couple of years now. Same story lines, same little cliques, same pettiness and same small mindedness. Change. HA! The only thing that has really changed around here is the different ways Rich has found to create income off the site. That is the only "CHANGE" I have seen around here in years.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #38
Dragondad
Ok I thought a lot of what Laura has said, and there is a thought process that needs to be corrected. Laura like others did not pay to ding, she paid to support the site, of all the current members who have benefactor membership or endowment, I only know of one person who raised their membership after the roll out of this program. (there may be more not sure) Without getting into my feelings about that person, only she can answer for herself as to why now she has done this.

So lets call the new mods just that Mods and call the appointed mods, Super Mods maybe not technical but at least we can put a term to the concept. And we can do so without creating the neg feeling that its these mods fault that they have the power.

As Cat says, they didn't ask for the power so lets not look at them that way. How they use the power, don't use, or as the case may be misuse the power is on them as individuals.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #39
Sledgehammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
The only thing that has really changed around here is the different ways Rich has found to create income off the site. That is the only "CHANGE" I have seen around here in years.
To quote a former? member,

Shrap,

You are hereby inducted into the Fauna Illuminati Society

Old 02-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #40
Wilomn
Sammy, I've also never denied that I like rubbing certain peoples noses in their poo. On the one hand it's like housebreaking a puppy in that a conditional responce may be learned. To the left, sometimes it just feels good to let loose on a dweeb.

While you may not feel as I do, being of a higher path than that I walk on for now, I still think you understand this.

It also makes others consider the wisdom of doing so to me in the future which also serves its purpose.

Were I more evolved, or perhaps if I cared for my fellow man more, I would do more to practice what you preach. For now, cheek turning is pretty much not an option as a rule.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!