True Hypo or Super Hypo???????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
usublc1
True Hypo or Super Hypo????????

Wanted to wait until I purchased a better camera because good pics say it all, but got impatient. So here they are. Been working with carpets for almost a decade now and produced hundreds of jags and jag siblings. In this year's clutch to what I was calling my strongest hypo jag pair came something that I have never seen before. I have shown the snake in person to a lot of well respected breeders in my local area, and we all agree that this little girl (99% sure it's a girl) has something going on that nobody has seen. Thoughts have varied from saying maybe it's a true hypo, or maybe it is a super hypo. I knew the second she emerged from the egg that something was very, very different as far as the coloration. I thought it was just a spectacular jaguar lacking more dark pigment than I have ever seen before. Every where they are typically darker or black she was lighter and more browned out. A lot less pigment on the belly as well. Then as I was inspecting her, I noticed something that sealed the deal for me that I had something different. Check Out The Pink Tongue!!!! Out of the many, many jags I have produced, I have never seen one that looks like this, and especially have never seen a pink tongue on a carpet python of any kind. The pink tongue is looked for on other types of snakes to verify whether they are hypo, super hypo, or not. Let me know your thoughts as I have done a bit of research on this and have not found a jaguar similar to this. The photos below are before her first shed. She has since shed out, had a few meals, and looks even more spectacular. More photos will be available next week. The photos below are with her siblings that are all jaguar carpet pythons.

Thanks,
Ben Corcetti

Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
mvite
I have seen this snake in person and the difference between it and a regular jag is night and day.

The pink tongue is freaky!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #3
pythonjim
Not that I am up on all Morelia morphs but, If this new......you should call it "The Joker"
That animal has really got it going on!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
RoadHouse of Retics
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonjim View Post
Not that I am up on all Morelia morphs but, If this new......you should call it "The Joker"
That animal has really got it going on!
Exactly what I thought of at my 1st glance.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
Wiggles92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
I have seen this snake in person and the difference between it and a regular jag is night and day.

The pink tongue is freaky!
x2 for everything.

It definitely is an impressive snake. I really hope that its coloration proves to be genetic, and I really want to see what it looks like when it reaches its full size.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!