Anyone using Google Checkout? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
norsmis
Anyone using Google Checkout?

Has anyone here used this as a seller? Just curious as to how well it works, fees, etc.... I am tired of paying paypal the ridiculous fees they are charging.

Any feedback would be welcome!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
I use both Paypal & Google.
I give my customers the option of using either.
Google is offering free transactions until January, and then it goes up to 2% + $0.20 per transaction. However with Google, if their is a charge back they take the full amount plus a $10 fee. Customers also can't send you money, you have to invoice them.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
norsmis
Thanks for the info Stephanie....

Old 10-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
I use both Paypal & Google.
I give my customers the option of using either.
Google is offering free transactions until January, and then it goes up to 2% + $0.20 per transaction. However with Google, if their is a charge back they take the full amount plus a $10 fee. Customers also can't send you money, you have to invoice them.

Does the money still have to stay in your account for someone to get it back? or can they take money regardless?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
No money stays with Google.
Money paid automatically transfers to your bank account as soon as the payment is processed (4-6 day processing time from the time I charge the CC to when it arrives in my bank account I've noticed).
So what that means, is if you have a charge back they pull it from whatever bank account you have connected to your Google account.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
No money stays with Google.
Money paid automatically transfers to your bank account as soon as the payment is processed (4-6 day processing time from the time I charge the CC to when it arrives in my bank account I've noticed).
So what that means, is if you have a charge back they pull it from whatever bank account you have connected to your Google account.

awesome. Thank you for that bit of info too!

Old 10-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #7
INSANE CANES
Have been using Google since Nov of 06 have had over 105 transactions with no fees or problems.

I am hoping they do like they did last year and extend the no fees for another year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!