Bad Guy Stuart King - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
KenTheBugGuy
Stuart King

VERY BAD DEAL from this guy
Stuart King
stuart.king33@btinternet.com
00447-920851971

I hate to post bad reviews unless absolutely nessesary. THis is my first actually.

We tried to make an order from Stuart King and paid half up front. He gauranteed everything live or our money back. Not only did he not refund our money for the dead animals but he also did not have everything we asked for shipped. There were 10 snakes ordered that were not even in the shipment and 99% of the animals that did arrive were dead...all inverts. The inverts sent were only partially the ones ordered. He did not even refund the animals that they did not send. He has said he must have a full list of how many and I have provided him with the count of centipedes, spiders, scorpions and tailless whips were sent and dead...there were a few things alive that I also sent...about 40 dollars worth of stuff made it.

You can see from the pictures below that it is very apperent that these animals were dead and my pictures provided were very self explanitory and clear. All this guy has done is give us the run around and refuses to refund the money. I don't recommend anyone deal with this guy even if you have in the past...all it takes is one bad shipment and he will take your money and run.

Email sent March 6th from Stuart king to Marcus(person doing the import with me) that was very straight forward
Never recieved refund and have now been going around in circles for a month

Hi Marcus
i will get the guy to forward all the money you sent me,if he does not then I will send you the money.
I phoned the UK and they have had snow showers at london which might not of helped but thats no excuse for the bad condition of the animals and also that does not help that there was no snakes.(they were even on the invoice)basical my guy lied to me.full stop!!!!!!!
There is no excuse as I was not there but you paid the money in good faith and its gone tits up.
STUART

Letter From Fish And Wildlife as proof for the guy - also sent to him
On 3/05/2009, at British Airways cargo facility near San Francisco
International Airport, Wildlife Inspector (WI) Tome and WI Martin examined
a commercial importation of live arthropods from Tanzania for Marcus
QUESADA (dba: A. F. EXOTICS). Said shipment, under master air waybill
number 125-4350-4300, consisted of one (1) wooden crate, which WI Tome
noted was not insulated and lacked any heat pouches. Upon examination, WI
Tome and WI Martin discovered a substantial amount of dead centipedes,
spiders, scorpions and isopods.

On 3/06/2009, at the Burlingame Office of Law Enforcement, WI Tome received
several email attachments from Mr. QUESADA which included a mortality
tally, health certificates and photos of the dead specimens. WI Tome
estimated an approximate 95% rate of mortality.

picture links

Old 04-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
SPJ
Holy crap!

95% mortality rate?

Have you notified of this thread? Is F&W going to be able to help you pursue legal means to recoup your funds?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
KenTheBugGuy
Talked

I have talked to Stuart today on the phone and he says there was just a miscommunication. He thought he was waiting on Actual species names and did not know I was just supplying the animals counts. He says he will be paying me back by end of week and apologized. I will be updating this thread on receipt of payment and asking moderators to remove it.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Andy'sReptiles
Wow, what a pile of dead bugs!

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe the moderators will remove a post in the BOI.
You may have to just updated the thread with the corrections of the tranaction.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
leezard
Yikes. THat's quite the body count! Hopefully this gets sorted!! Although, snowing and he didn't think to put in heat packs? Doesn't sound reliable, even if he DOES refund your money.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
joepythons
sad

Wow thats allot of dead bugs .Lets see if he corrects everything for you.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #7
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTheBugGuy View Post
I have talked to Stuart today on the phone and he says there was just a miscommunication. He thought he was waiting on Actual species names and did not know I was just supplying the animals counts. He says he will be paying me back by end of week and apologized. I will be updating this thread on receipt of payment and asking moderators to remove it.
To clarify... the thread will not be removed or edited by the staff. Once something is posted on the BOI, it is generally here to stay.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:19 AM   #8
DAND
Refund or not, 95% dead is unacceptable.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
KenTheBugGuy
Dead

I have been informed that a money transfer is in progress and Stuart has apologized for all of this.

As to dead animals I aggree that is unacceptable but in Stuarts defence he is a broker between people and had been trying a new guy to do the export cause his normal guy was not available.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
leezard
Quote:
had been trying a new guy
I guess that's the last time he tried that guy!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!