NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #81
Gary O
A large constritor being a 5 foot ball or carpet killing someone, come on!

A hot that is kown as a void is dangerous if it bites you. You think you are safe and do nothing. But if it did inject venom you are in danger and will not know it right away with some of the hots.

I say a buddy system works well when dealing with large snakes. A bite and constrict from a constrictor does hurt and can kill but having others around will save your life. A void or hot all it takes is that bite and you trully do not know what will happen next. If it is a void that is hot again(yes this has happened) Can you imagine what could be done to the owner.

Hots need to be viewed by people and not touched and only trained personal need to handle such snakes.

This is where voids give that sense of security that you never know if it is trully there.

Am I going to sit here and bash NERD. NO, but they made a very bad choice IMO and need to just look it over and maybe do something else to "educate" people. Also all it takes is for one of them people to see that and say I know where to buy those snakes. Get it shipped to them only to find out they got a hot when it is to late.

Remember the king cobra that a person ordered. They ordered a HOT snake and got a void. Did the person that ordered the void get a hot?

Talk about dangerous.

Old 07-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #82
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirenofthestorm
Am I really the only one who recognizes Kevin from other pics as among the freehandlers?
I was not going to bring that up but a friend and I was talking about that on the phone awhile ago lol

Old 07-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #83
JuliusSqueezer
NERD promotes Voids. I'll say it and NO ONE will ever convince me otherwise. Kara changes her stories about anything controversial as needed to protect their business. I am a wittness to her past posts on RTB about the vet they have had perform the operations. As soon as the flack started flying, she deleted all those posts and denied them...Call it hearsay all you want. I was there. Now am I saying that Kevin and Kara are putting up billboards around the country that says "VOIDS ARE COOL"? No but showboating them around the public at shows PROMOTES THEM and they might as well put up billboards as this is every bit as bad! I'd love to take a poll from the kids at that show and ask how many would love to have a venomoid for a pet now. Back a few years ago when Kara was fumbling around with her ever changing stories about why they have voids and what they do with them. She assured us that in presentations, these animals were always displayed as venomous snakes and no showboating ever occured. People leave those shows none the wiser that the animals were butcher-victims and they were only used to teach respect...OK, that was obviously a lie. It's always nice to have people in any hobby/industry to look up to and anyone who has made a name is going to have a flock of sheep that can see no wrong in anything they do. So for a second, forget who this is about and focus on what took place. Some freaking morons took a bunch of voids out amongst a bunch of kids and sideshow circus gawkers and showboated with them and let small children get up close and personal and even handle them. Had this been anyone else...The Hyena pack would have gnashed their teeth in the other direction. NO ONE owes NERD, Kara or Kevin any appology. If anyone owes an appology it's whoever wants to be the scapegoat du jour for NERD since Kara and Kevin can do no wrong ever...and they owe it to the entire hobby/industry.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:22 PM   #84
sirenofthestorm
Kara/Kevin, please answer my question of clarity. Is everyone pictured holding, touching, and within striking distance of the venomoids on their way to being thoroughly apprenticed in hot handling?

Old 07-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #85
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
A large constritor being a 5 foot ball or carpet killing someone, come on!
You aren't helping your case here Gary by belittling others' posts. I said that a five foot constrictor can kill someone if it wraps quickly around the neck. In fact, a smaller one can. It only takes two coils. Do the arithmetic. Two coils on an 18 inch neck is...ummm 36 inches (that's all of three feet). I didn't say it was likely, what I said was that it could happen. I also said that if you do get neck wrapped by a constrictor you will be down and dead before you can get to the phone to call 911. With a venomous bite if you get medical attention you are likely to survive.

Now you want to doubt my story that's fine. I could care less whether you believe it or not. My point was that many people are quite cavalier about how they handle reptiles, hot or not, and that the problem is not limited to one group.

As for recognizing the people in the picture, please forgive the ignorant among us who did not. I don't make it a practice of knowing what NERD's staff and ownership look like, and to ASSume that anyone does is well...you can fill in the blank.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #86
Gary O
Did I belittle you? No if you feel that way I am sorry. but if you would have read my post you would have also seen I posted that the buddy system for large constrictors is something you should do.................

No a hot snake biute yes but a hot you think is a void will kill you and you never know it. Or you know when it is too late...............see the point.

Letting kids play with hots is not smart. There is no dodging this. There is no other thing we can twist this too.

Can a large constrictor kill you. Yep I posted that, but with 2 or three people there a 5 foot snake is not going to kill you. maybe fluffy or baby could with the buddy system as they are that large we are talking 300 llb snakes. But you could have a group of 50 and have a void bite you. You think it is a void. Blow it off. Awhile later you are feeling lite headed and then you seak medical attention. You just wasted a lot of time thinking it was only a void bite.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:47 PM   #87
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
You aren't helping your case here Gary by belittling others' posts.
It is funny you say this also when so many did just that belittled the post that the author of this thread posted. Then they ask questions later. It happens all the time.

But I stiull say in no way did I belittle you.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #88
IL_Duca
Jim and a few others of you, I have read many BOI's and other posts on this site that you have participated in. In so much I had thought higher of you. 2 of you even go as far as to keep bashing him even after he remitted and gave an apology. He was belittled because of his age, but were any apologies offered for this? I havent seen any. He was quick enough and man enough at age 16 to remit an offer an apology but you continue on with your ways if it works for you.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #89
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_Duca
Jim and a few others of you, I have read many BOI's and other posts on this site that you have participated in. In so much I had thought higher of you. 2 of you even go as far as to keep bashing him even after he remitted and gave an apology. He was belittled because of his age, but were any apologies offered for this? I havent seen any. He was quick enough and man enough at age 16 to remit an offer an apology but you continue on with your ways if it works for you.

As you seen man Jim O got upset at me for questioning his 5 foot will kill you thing. But he did not read the whole post. But in this very thread he belittled the origanal poster.

It is the way some are man. I wish it were different.

But I agree Dave said he was sorry and more then once. But still getting slammed about his age. he is a memebr of my site TRR and I will say that he is a great member and very polite.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #90
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusSqueezer
NERD promotes Voids. I'll say it and NO ONE will ever convince me otherwise. Kara changes her stories about anything controversial as needed to protect their business. I am a wittness to her past posts on RTB about the vet they have had perform the operations. As soon as the flack started flying, she deleted all those posts and denied them...Call it hearsay all you want. I was there. Now am I saying that Kevin and Kara are putting up billboards around the country that says "VOIDS ARE COOL"? No but showboating them around the public at shows PROMOTES THEM and they might as well put up billboards as this is every bit as bad! I'd love to take a poll from the kids at that show and ask how many would love to have a venomoid for a pet now. Back a few years ago when Kara was fumbling around with her ever changing stories about why they have voids and what they do with them. She assured us that in presentations, these animals were always displayed as venomous snakes and no showboating ever occured. People leave those shows none the wiser that the animals were butcher-victims and they were only used to teach respect...OK, that was obviously a lie. It's always nice to have people in any hobby/industry to look up to and anyone who has made a name is going to have a flock of sheep that can see no wrong in anything they do. So for a second, forget who this is about and focus on what took place. Some freaking morons took a bunch of voids out amongst a bunch of kids and sideshow circus gawkers and showboated with them and let small children get up close and personal and even handle them. Had this been anyone else...The Hyena pack would have gnashed their teeth in the other direction. NO ONE owes NERD, Kara or Kevin any appology. If anyone owes an appology it's whoever wants to be the scapegoat du jour for NERD since Kara and Kevin can do no wrong ever...and they owe it to the entire hobby/industry.

I am with Brett on this one. Seems they change their tune to go with popular current beliefs and opinions. Which these picture do in fact prove wrong. As for context it is kind of hard to prove what they said seeing that someone deleted ther threads in question on their site. Wonder why? Could it be because it was nothing more than stuff like Kevin holding an Egyptian cobra or kids petting a cobra? Could be, looks like they did a little damage control to try and save face.

Now go and give me them negative points as I don't give a damn about this forum or the groupies on it. I said what needed to be said and I am done with it. Go ahead and gang up on me on this post (typical moronic response from fauna) also just don't expect a reply back because like I said I am done with it. I am not saying I am better than anyone here, but I am not blinded to the facts because someone is a so called big time ethical dealer. Inbreeding isn't ethical in case you didn't know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread