Herps Etc. / Carson Phelps GOOD GUY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
snakeman101172
Herps Etc. / Carson Phelps GOOD GUY

I have made several high dollar transactions with Carson over the past few months. Everything has been more than promised. Only one shipping problem and that was the carrier. My box sat somewhere with the carrier for 2 days before arriving to me. we stayed in constant communication. upon arrival one of the Mojave male balls was DOA. I called carson and he made it right ASAP. no questions asked. Every order is packed to the max and always arrives in pristine condition with the exception of the carrier delay already mentioned. I would not hesitate to refer more business to him. We have met at shows in person and completed transactions as well and everything is always there and ready without excuses. when he has purchased from me payment has been received lighting fast and no rubber checks. all around every transaction goes exactly how it should. rare in this realm of business today.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
ExoticsExpress
I to have had many high dollar transactions weith Carson Phelps, every time I get wonderful animals that I'm pround to offer around with at shows. Carsons one of the first people I look for when I need some good deals and a quick inventory fill up. I buy in person at shows, and he has shipped to me as well and packaging is always immaculant for the 3 years I've known him. Good guy for sure.

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 11-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
ExoticsExpress
Sorry about the typos, forgot to review.

Best regards,

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
christopher66
Anyone thinking of doing business with Carson Phelps is strongly recommended to do a BOI search on HIM and/or the Herpsetc name .
Even though these people that have posted above seem to have had a good deal with him,it has not been the case for all of Carson Phelps customers,and unless he has fixed the problems he has had in the past with the money and /or animals that were to be replaced by him,might still be cautious when thinking about dealing with him.
Just a heads up for future customers.

Chris

Old 11-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
Anyone thinking of doing business with Carson Phelps is strongly recommended to do a BOI search on HIM and/or the Herpsetc name .

Here are some of the threads I found on him. Not sure if I got them all or not.

November 2002
Deadbeat Trader...
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=4290

November 2004
Inquiry...herps etc
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=57580

February 2006
Inquiry on Herps Ect?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=75616

April 2006
Herps Etc..... from kingsnake, my little experice with him
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=79241

July 2006
Herps Etc Question
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=84119

---------------
November 2006
Carson (herps Unlimited)-- EXCELLENT GUY
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=89775

December 2006
Carson Phelps (herps unl)-- CAUTION
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=92677

(note: WorldisMarble is the same person as The Tortoise Company that started the above Nov/Dec. 2006 good/bad guy threads)
---------------

February 2007
herpsetc - thanks!
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=96152

March 2007
Herps Etc. Carson Phelps A+++++++
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=97834

Old 11-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
herpsetc
Hello eveyone,
Good to hear from you again chris LOL
the past is the past the future is tommorrow and the present is a gift!
i really wanted to make things good on a few transaction in the past but (that a big but) i really needed proof to do so..............pix,emails etc etc
if i sell a sick snake which won't happen i need proof of that, if a snake dies within a 14 day guarentee i need proof of that.
no proof no refund,that just business,
try to Buy a snake or reptile on line and try to get a refund after 14 days, due to death etc etc i would say 90% of the dealers will tell you sorry its been to long.
last year i bought a ball morph that died for no reason 21 days after i bought it and that's nature.
Each dealer, snake breeder has a guarentee and after the guarentee it's on you.
have a nice turkey day

carson phelps

Old 11-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpsetc
Hello eveyone,
Good to hear from you again chris LOL
the past is the past the future is tommorrow and the present is a gift!
i really wanted to make things good on a few transaction in the past but (that a big but) i really needed proof to do so..............pix,emails etc etc
if i sell a sick snake which won't happen i need proof of that, if a snake dies within a 14 day guarentee i need proof of that.
no proof no refund,that just business,
try to Buy a snake or reptile on line and try to get a refund after 14 days, due to death etc etc i would say 90% of the dealers will tell you sorry its been to long.
last year i bought a ball morph that died for no reason 21 days after i bought it and that's nature.
Each dealer, snake breeder has a guarentee and after the guarentee it's on you.
have a nice turkey day

carson phelps
Carson, did you happen to look at all the links posted above? There is more than a few customer responses there. The links above show sellers and buyers that have dealt with receiving multiple bad checks, wrong animals, sick snakes, never sending your part of a trade (stealing), wrong monitors, failure to communicate, committing to deals then never contacting again, misrepresented animals and etc etc.
To be fair, I also read the positives. There is less of them but they are there.
But, do you really think that because you have positive deals that the ones that lacked customer service or show bad practices should just be rolled up into one conclusion? "that there was no proof". I don't think you can address all the situations with the same statement and it would be correct.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 AM   #8
herpsetc
I could go through ever thread post and justify each one.
That would be a waste of my time.
I would say for every bad post there should be 30 good one but not everone that buys from me reads,posts or even knows what fauna is.
no bad checks just decided to purchase the pastel balls else where.
sick snakes NO NO NO NO proof if there was i would have made good but there was no pictures so no refund which makes sense DON'T YOU THINK.
wrong monitors i made good on that, was told they were reds but i was wrong they were yellow ackies( not a monitor guy)
failure to communicate- that was over a year ago if someone needs help etc etc i'm good to go.
misrepresented animals -tell me about that one ,if i say its its a male or femake it is,if i say its 200 grams its very close or even more.

this is all very very minor.

i'll make good if all my requirements are made if not then i can't help you.

we can go through this thread posts over and over and over and over again it don't make a difference (it is what it is and it's the past)
if i sell on here great if not i still sell my python etc etc else where.which i already sold 3 ball morphs on here this week (good for me ).

thank you
carson phelps

thank you
carson phelps

Old 11-21-2007, 12:59 AM   #9
Cat_72
I'm not going to take the time right now to go through all of the posts either, but c'mon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpsetc
misrepresented animals -tell me about that one ,if i say its its a male or femake it is,if i say its 200 grams its very close or even more.

this is all very very minor.
Are you calling these guys liars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPython777
A good friend of mine bought a pair of het ghosts from him last summer, both animals turned out to be males.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasballs
You meant (Guys)? There is more then one person that uses that account. I bought a nice female that turned into a male when I got it.Ticks and all, I wouldn't Buy from any of them again..
Are you saying that when you shipped these snakes out, they were indeed female, and somehow mysteriously grew a weiner while in transit...therefore they weren't misrepresented? And how is buying a female and getting a male "minor"? Besides the typical difference in price, you ain't gonna make babies with nothing but males for breeding stock.

And what you ship out is "the advertised weight or more?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhh
Last year I bought 2 Spider Balls that were supposed to be
1. Aggressive feeders
2. 110 grams.
3. Price agreed on was shipped.
They came in are 70 grams and as poor eaters, took months for 1 to final start eating regularly. The other one is ready to die anytime, due to reguratating nearly every meal, been that way from the begining. To top it off the price I paid was 'shipped' price. Carson sent it COD and never refunded the shipping costs.
And how about shipping animals out COD without the buyer knowing?

And if you never wrote bad checks, you're calling this guy a liar too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUSS
Once a price was agreed upon, it took him a couple of weeks to get payment to me. He wound up sending me two bad checks. he refused to answer emails and phone calls after that.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:24 AM   #10
Wilomn
How about ALL that?

Have you made good on all those bad transactions or are you just hoping they'll go away if you ignore them?

Pulling a mr. clark is not going to work. Just ask mr. clark.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
carson phelps, herps etc