Bad guys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
Bad guys

So I see alot on the BOI that several non-desirables make "bad guy" lists. Well does anyone actually have a stock email they send out when one of these guys either make contact for your animals or actually buys directly from your site?

I think this could be a good discussion topic. What would you tell someone that had made YOUR list?

Old 11-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
hhmoore
I have specifically avoided setting up a shopping cart on my site, though it would be convenient in some ways. I just didn't want to do business that way. I've turned down sales to a few people I didn't want to deal with. Usually it is easy - they make an offer, and I simply reply "No, thank you". No further comment, and most of the time it ends right there. In the rare instances that it doesn't, I'm not above pulling my ads & removing an animal from my available page. "Sorry, that one is no longer available."

With an automatic order set up, it would be complicated by having to cancel the order & refund payment...which would require some sort of explanation. Interesting dilemma, I'll be watching the responses.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Southern Wolf
Yeah.... I was interested in what others would have to say.... but no one is talking.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
Shadera
I just tell them I'm not interested in doing business with them. Nothing more needs to be said. We don't have to sell to anyone if we don't want to.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
chamgirl99471
I have also turned away potential customers with the simple.. No Thanks.. or if I inquire about an animal on another site not knowing who the seller is until they send a return E-mail and I look them up on here and realize that I don't want to do business with them, I will usually reply with.. Thanks for responding but I found such and such somewhere else. Sorry.

Nothing else needs to be said in my opinion!

Old 11-07-2010, 07:33 AM   #6
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Yeah.... I was interested in what others would have to say.... but no one is talking.
Don't want to start a whole spate of hate BIO posts that would probably happen if people realized what I was doing when I give certain responses. Why would I want to....

Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
garweft
I have sent someone a link to their BOI thread and said I didn't feel comfortable with them buying from me. I don't feel a need to work around the situation and would rather them know that the the way they presented themselves doesn't go away.

I have also bought and sold to people that have BOI threads but I still felt comfortable dealing with. Even if the thread is unresolved or doesn't end in their favor, if they stayed professional and didn't go against any guarantee they offered, I don't write them off completely. As long as I accept their TOS, feel they will stick to it, and like the animal offered I go for it.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
I have sent someone a link to their BOI thread and said I didn't feel comfortable with them buying from me. I don't feel a need to work around the situation and would rather them know that the the way they presented themselves doesn't go away.
I was thinking about doing something similar... but wasn't sure if others were already doing it. How did that contact go for you when you sent them the link?

Old 11-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
I was thinking about doing something similar... but wasn't sure if others were already doing it. How did that contact go for you when you sent them the link?
Late answer, but he was actually pretty professional with his response. Said something to the affect of it being one side of the story and too bad I didn't want to sell to him. Although I could see some people getting irate and being a little more colorful with their response.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #10
Wolfy-hound
I just tell them "No thank you" and leave it at that. Not because I fear an irate response, but I don't want them to pretend to be someone else to buy from me or sell to me. If they think it was just a general non-reason, they'll not be alerted to the fact that it's them specifically and get sneaky(hopefully).

If they do get annoying anyway, I'll tell them in polite language my reasons, and anything nasty get reported to an ISP and they get blocked.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!