Inquiry...herps etc - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
hill4803
Question Inquiry...herps etc

I tried the search function but didn't get a hit on these guys. Has anyone purchased from them? I am thinking about getting some frogs but one can not be too careful these days! Thanks for any insight on this group.

Old 11-28-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
Rockford
Have you contacted him? I contacted this person awhile back regarding some boas and got a bad feeling. He called me back at 7AM. Told me he had to drive to borrow a camera so the only pics were what he had up. I asked for referneces and didn't get back to me for a couple of days and had only one. In my opinion I wouldn't do business with him, if this is the same person. Maybe face to face but no mail order. He also told me that this was his business so if it was.....you really should be able to afford a camera and send some photos. Hope this helps.

Bthacker

Old 11-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
Jungle Gems
Herps, Etc./Carson Phelps- BEFORE YOU BUY...

...BE WARY OF HERPS, ETC. I purchased two "Red" Ackies (Ridgetail Monitors) from Carson about a month ago, and of course I received two "Yellow" Ackies instead. I half expected this outcome as the price for the pair was only $300.00, whereas average going price for a pair of true Red Ackies is around the $600.00 range. This could easily have been written off as an honest mistake, however, I believe at his selling price he knew that these were Yellow Ackies. The largest of the two Ackies was also shipped in-shed, which not the most brilliant of ideas. The communication throughout the entire transaction was slightly less than adequate, but not the worst... just enough to put me off from trying to contact Carson for a refund as I did pay the average price the the pair of Yellow Ackies I received. Big disappointment, though. I should have avoided this deal that was "too good to be true" and I feel that I am somewhat at fault for not obtaining clear pictures and covering every area before buying. Don't make the same mistake I did! I would not do business with them again when there are plenty of upstanding herp breeders to be dealt with.

Jennifer Webb
(Jungle Gems)

Old 11-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
Rockford
Good...That is the same guy. His name was Carson. He sounded like a reptile hustler to me. I was surprised not to find anything on a search here as well. I would look elsewhere...Good deals are always too good to be true!!!!

Jennifer-Sorry to hear you got ripped off.

Bthacker

Old 11-28-2004, 07:00 PM   #5
nicolai
Jennifer, do you have contact info on them??

Jennifer, I was wondering if you had some contact info on them other then the usual email address. They have had a number of very good bargains posted but I would not trust them with a mail order but heard they are in Nj same as me, So if they are on the up and up they wouldnt mind letting me come to them to do a deal in person.
THANKS
NICK BONN

Old 11-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #6
hill4803
Thanks for all the input

I am not in the mood to deal with anyone who is less than reputable. So I guess I will pass on the frogs. Always another deal around the corner anyway. Good to have the BOI up and running again!

Ro Hill

Old 11-29-2004, 12:18 AM   #7
Jungle Gems
Herps, Etc. Contact Information

Nick,

Incidently, I still have the box that the ackies were shipped in with Carson's address on it. It reads-

Carson Phelps
809 Bridgeton Pk.
Sewell, NJ 08080

His PayPal address is the same as his e-mail address, which is herpsetc@yahoo.com. Unfortunately, I don't have a phone number.

To be fair, I feel I should add that the animals I received from Carson are healthy and are hearty feeders. It is also fairly common to misidentify red and yellow ackies, especially when "yellow" ackies can be very red in color. I don't think you will have any problems doing business with Herps, Etc. in person (since you will be able to see the stock first-hand before purchasing).

I did receive an e-mail from Carson after posting on the BOI in which he offered to right the situation, which is commendable.

I hope it all works out for you and that Carson proves himself to be legitimate. If you decide to purchase from him, please update the BOI to inform everyone of the success of the transaction.

Jennifer Webb
(Jungle Gems)

Old 11-29-2004, 12:44 AM   #8
eddie1976
808 bridgeton pike? That is literally a minute form my house and I have never heard of them. I guess I should check them out. If they would let people check out stuff I guess I could do it for a couple of people. Let me know. According to mapquest that address is .4 miles from my house

Ed Lafferty

Old 12-02-2004, 05:37 PM   #9
bayondai
I just got a normal 1200 gram female from Carson / Herps Etc. The animal was in very good shape and ate within an hour of having her at my house. This was my first deal with him and I would do business with him again.
Mike Heinzer

Old 12-02-2004, 06:07 PM   #10
turtle world
this guy is very unreliable
I had 2 pancake tortoises for sale on kingsnake and he
emailed me he wanted to buy them for $ 700.00 I emailed him back
I would not sell them for this money I would take $ 825.00 shipped
next day air. He emailed back he wants them and wanted my phone number to call me with his credit card information the next day.
Well the day went buy no call, no big deal this happens quite often, so I just droped him a short line if he still wants to buy them. Well, again he emailed back he still wants them and will call me the next day with his information.
He did not call the next day again, so I emailed him again, whats up.
Now is is not answering anymore.
I don't mind when people chance there mind, but not if they tell me the same
story twice and then don't answer anymore.
I would not do bussines with him even if he would call me now and I would not trust to buy from him.
Oh, by the way, he still has a ad on kingsnake that he is looking for
Pancakes.
George
Turtle World USA

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
carson phelps, herps etc