New member...intro, pics etc. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
SirKevin
New member...intro, pics etc.

Hello! I'm Kevin. Just found this forum last night (actually, I got the link from another poster on here) and I can already tell that this will be an invaluable resource to me.

Lots of breeders here...cool!

Let's see....I'm 15 (so hopefully I will be doing this for a while), I live in Toronto...been doing herps for about four years now -- leos only for about a year now, but they are definitely my animal that I will be working with from now on!

Anyways, my collection.

This is my only male. I got him from a breeder around here who has used him a bit as a breeder. He is a little over a year & originally came from HISS:

This is my 'star' female. I got her from the same breeder as the male, only she originally came from a breeder up here called ReptileKings, don't know if you'd have heard of them. She is about two & has been bred twice -- I plan to breed her in July or August:

This is my other girl. I got her over a year ago from a PetMart bfore I really knew what I was doing, heh. She is not on the sand any more! I will breed her for her first time sometime in March-April:

I also have two babies that I got from a chain store that had some adorable ones in that were still in good health, so I figured I would get two of them before it was too late for them. I don't have any pics of those up just yet.

These two breeding projects will be my first time, so I am definitely looking forward to reading about the experience of other posters on here!

This was my first time posting here so I don't know if the pic sizes are okay...my apologies if they aren't.

Thanks for looking!

Old 02-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
KelliH
Welcome to Fauna Kevin! You have some nice leos. Good luck with your projects and don't hesitate to post if you have any questions. Oh, and we do expect to see pictures of the babies! :-)

Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
nicolai
welcome !!!! Nice los you have there. that one female is a porker!!!!!

Old 02-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #4
SirKevin
Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Heh...she is a porker. She weighs about 75 grams & apparently didn't lose much weight when she bred in December/January.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
Hi Kevin! Welcome to the BEST Leopard Gecko Forum on the internet! There are many well-informed breeders and hobbiests here, and an atmosphere of friendshsip and mutual respect. We are all hopeless leo lovers...

Old 02-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
Dan Lubinsky
Hey Kevin, Welcome aboard mate. Nice start you have there.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
Ian S.
Hi Kevin,
This forum sure is a phenomenal information super highway for herps. Welcome to the madness. Can't wait to see more posts of those beauties. Watch out for the leo bug it will bite ya. Someone should have called these things Lays Leos "betcha can't have just one" :eatpointe

Old 02-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
g&mgeckos
Welcome Kevin! That is one nice collection you have so far! Keep us posted on the babies.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #9
dragonflame
Hi Kevin welcome! It's nice to have more breeders my age here lol. That female is huge! I've gotten so much help here, I hope you will too!

Old 02-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
shadraak
Well, i haven't even gotten any leo's yet still waiting on them i dont know if he'll ever contact me or what, breeding is further down the line till i can get a rack system built and some more space in my closet for them and my snake. but i'm already addicted, cage has been put up for the last 4 days now, temps are locked in, got a little warm thismorning like 93 on hot and 79 on the cool side, but humidity is still around 60 should i put more holes in it or what? i only have paper towels in there may put in some newspaper as well under the towels will have to crank up the heater ofcourse but i dont know. kind of on a "if it's not broke dont fix it" mentality right now lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!