Another scam attempt - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-17-2005, 01:30 PM   #11
aimee_s
I don't like people who do the scam attempts, it really bugs me because it's pretty much the same message with a different country.

It bugs me a lot because the 1st time those came out, I almost fell for it - I gave the guy my address and everything for the MO & the shipper to pick up ! Before receiving the MO, I was speaking with someone who wanted to buy the same enclosure from me. He informed me that it's a scam and explained the details to me and I saw examples online I was so embarrassed, but I was saved at the end.

Grr @ Scams

Old 09-17-2005, 07:05 PM   #12
Vince
to me it seems like that was written from some sort of script.

Old 09-17-2005, 11:52 PM   #13
brucestephenson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
who types Okay so much.
I'm telling you it is Bill O'Reilly. He needs the money because sales of his new book "The O'Reilly Factor for Kids" tanked after he got caught ***censored**

Old 09-19-2005, 10:11 AM   #14
LadyGecko
Forgive me for being so dense - but just what is it that they are trying to do?
I got confused after reading the second line of their instructions -LOL!!
Oh and BTW-that aptor is very very nice
Sandy

Old 09-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #15
groovygeckos
LOL M`Kay

Old 09-19-2005, 01:21 PM   #16
Milwaukee Reptiles
What they do is send you a check for $4000. You're supposed to keep the value of the animal and send the rest to their "Shipper". They will pressure you to send the rest (say $3500 for example) very quickly after you get the check. The reason: it's a fake, and it will take a few days for the bank to figure it out (mail it to the processing center, processit, etc). You've already sent the guy $3500, and now the bank realized it's fake and is coming back to you for the $4000 fake check. All in all: scammer got $3500 and it's your problem.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:08 PM   #17
neatochickens27
*ponders at computer desk for a very long time*

..that son of a bitch!

Old 09-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #18
groovygeckos
Get em Dave! LOL Igot yer back !

Old 09-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #19
leaftail
Yeah, spread the word, too, so everybody knows the scam and nobody gets taken in any more. Heck, I just heard about this scam a couple months ago. If I hadn't I might have fallen for it.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #20
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
Yeah, spread the word, too, so everybody knows the scam and nobody gets taken in any more. Heck, I just heard about this scam a couple months ago. If I hadn't I might have fallen for it.
Yep, thats why I posted this... so this will get out to folks that are new to Fauna. I 1st heard about it 4-5 years ago, someone tried it with me but I just ignored it cause it seemed like some money laundering going on or just something plain fishy!
(dan)------- --- --- ------ ----- --- (theif)
LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!