Another scam attempt - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #21
neatochickens27
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
Get em Dave! LOL Igot yer back !
ah ya got me!

Old 02-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #22
Franks_Geckos
eblack2

That same eblack2 clown tried to pull a fast one on me by sending emails that he was "very interested" in my 8 Leo group sale. He acted dumb and said he was a wholesaler and asked for the sex of the geckos after they were clearly listed on the ad. He then asked for the price claiming he forgot. Then he asked where I lived. I told him I lived in NJ. I also reiterated the sex of the geckos and the price for his clarification. A few days later I get what seems like the 10th email from him claiming... " Hey Frank, you never got back to me.... I need your address as I am thinking about picking them up". I proceeded to tell this clown that I would not give out my home address to anyone without payment in advance and in full via paypal. I elaborated that I reside in Belford, NJ , just in case you need to calculate your mileage. 20 minutes later I get an email saying "oops, 4 hours and 20 minutes". I knew he was "very interested" in pulling a scam, and there are others like him looking for a sucker. If he reads this I want him to know if he is still "very interested" in my geckos he can come visit me with cash in hand and "pick them up" at the White Plains, NY show in April.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #23
BalloonzForU
I guess they come in all different shapes, sizes and different business scams. I got an e-mail directed to my Balloon Decor business, from a guy using an American name, but from his grammer I could tell he was not American. His e-mail was asking me to teach his son all my knowledge about balloon decor, and asked me for a quote for six months of classes. I've gotten one a few times asking me to do a wedding in CA, mind you I'm in Ohio, wanting to purchase all new equipment for me there, travel and hotel accommodations. Man if they were only true.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:49 AM   #24
ZenReptiles
Ya know what the best thing to do with scammers is? Call them! I had a person who tried to scam me by using a Bidpay scam back in December. He was stupid enough to use his real name and home address, all I did was look it up online and I was able to get a phone number. My fiance called and it ended up being a kid who we probably scared straight because he stopped sending emails after that.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:40 AM   #25
LeosForLess
There should be some sort of sticky on the BOI or just a massive list of all the scam artist's. Okay?I bet you could look for hours on these guys on the BOI and never find them. Okay?

Old 02-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #26
BalloonzForU
LOL Okay?

Old 02-28-2006, 11:37 AM   #27
raiquee
I had a scammer contact me for something that I wanted to buy. Not quite sure what it was. But i messed with him and said to tack on a trio group of super snows (this is when they were FIRST announced, so I knew for SURE he didn't have a trio of adults) and all these other leos and my bill came out to 5000. He told me to send him a money order and all this crap.

I e-mailed him back saying, okay but I need this info from you:
Name:
Address:
Phone number:
etc etc

Then I told him I'd send him a money order for the 5,000, but it would be 9,000 and i'd need him to wire me over the extra money asap!

Lol he didn't reply

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!