Herps Etc..... from kingsnake, my little experice with him - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
Andy5283
Arrow Herps Etc..... from kingsnake, my little experice with him

I don't usually like to post on here and down grade anyone i don't have to, but this guy really did me in. I don't know who watches the tortoise classfiends well or not, but anyone that knows me well, knows i only do turtles and tortoises Well anyways, he (herps etc) posted a 22" female BLACK emys mnt. tortoise for $2500 on there. The ad wasn't there long so many of you probably didn't see it. Well i emailed him and asked him if he was intrested in a certain trade for some of my turts. I had been looking for some more black emys for some time now. Well less than 5 minutes later my phone rang and it was him. He wanted to do the trade deal. He seemed very excited to do the trade, because it was something he hasn't had in a long time and this was deff. for sure what i was looking for. He said he would send me several pictures later in the evening and we even discussed shipping. I would ship probably wed and he said he would ship friday night Delta Dash and i would have to pick up sometime sat. morning. But no times were worked out yet. And he's like all like "we for sure have a deal." kept reasurring me, quite a few times. Then evening came and it started to get late. I called him and he said he was sending them and then to give him a call after i got them and we'll work out final details. Well pictures never came. I have called him several times, and emailed him. I see he's posting on kingsnake so i know he's been on the computer and i left him several phone messages. Bascially i am sure he found someone to give him just the cash and no trade, which would be fine, but he was so confident that we had a deal. I can't stand it when someone has a deal then backs out. I realize things may come up, which is fine, and it varies from situation to situation. But at least email me or call me and say "hey sorry man, i can't do it" don't ignore me for the few days!! that's really bad business. NO matter if its a $10 deal or a $2500 deal like it was! This guy really has alot of learning to do and i advise to stay away! He seemed like a cocky jerk on the phone, ( which i've heard from many other people also feel the same) but what did i care? i just wanted the tort! Thanks alot

Andy Dorski

(Andys Turts and Torts)

Old 04-27-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
twh49801
count your blessings.........

....you lost nothing,next time do a search here before hand.have fun!
TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

Old 04-27-2006, 01:42 AM   #3
darkbloodwyvern
I'm glad you didn't lose anything. i agree though, it sucks to have someone back out when they've already agreed, but worse when they don't bother to let you know.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
Greg Riso
Just Imagine

If he hasn't responded to you now just think about what could have happened if you'd shipped on Wednesday expecting him to ship a few days after. It's probably just as well the deal fell apart. It could have been a lot worse.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
Justin Mitcham
Yep could of been much worse ...I bought several high end turtles from him for a customer, all supposedly perfect, no nips,irregular scoots etc.. few would eat, they all were sold to me as captive bred but almost all looked WC with bite marks etc... 1/3 had irregular scoots...
Half died...his response..."I can't do anything...I got them from a guy at a show" funny I didn't buy them from a guy at the show,I bought them from him!!! I sucked it up as a loss.. bought new ones for my customer and took care of him.
But here's the good part..
I have steered away many people from buying and dealing with him as well as turned down many orders from overseas customers who wanted animals that he had..he has lost about 10k worth of sales over the last year and much of his reputation over this. Maybe he will think twice next time before he spouts excuses and why he can't take care of the customer!!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
Andy5283
Yes from what i'm hearing anyways from talking to other people over the last few days on the phone is, the quality of his animals is bad. I guess if he just got them in and you buy them right away then there alright as long as they were healthy when he got them... but if he sits on the turts for a while until they are sold, i guess they just fall apart.

Andy Dorski
'Andys Turts and Torts'

Old 05-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #7
Justin Mitcham
additional links...

here's a link to some additional threads...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57580

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=4290

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
carson phelps, herps etc