Bad Guy Scam Artist Keven Vogenberger - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #101
Ed Clark
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven2 View Post
The Moroccans were cb imports the Saharan was wild caught
You are either lying or confused.

The Moroccans were CH imports not CB as you advertised. the difference is that CH are plucked from the wild as gravid females,then held in pens until they lay their eggs then incubated.the hatchlings are kept under less than ideal conditions then shipped all over the world under very stressful conditions.

Your customer here thought she was buying a captive bred uro as your ad stated, but in fact was buying a CH import.huge difference in how the uro thrives or not.

Once again Keven you are deceitful and dishonest.

Btw I live in a brick house

Old 04-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #102
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgrath View Post

He has sold several species all of which dying within weeks and blaming it on the buyers enclosures! He knows how to seem sympathetic but numerous people on Uromastyx Club on Facebook have verified my worst fears of what he has done. He preys on people who wouldn’t know better and pockets the profit of these poor animals death.
Please have these people come here and tell their story.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #103
Lucille
Ed, I would be surprised if there were any actual 'numerous people' in this particular case. Kevin's screen shots coupled with Tabea's claims show her as unreliable and sometimes untruthful. She may have not got a receipt from her alleged vet visit, but a call to the office could have netted her a note detailing and proving her claim, she did not after being asked post anything from the alleged vet visit.

That doesn't mean that Keven does not have issues to work on, he does. He and Tabea both claimed vet visits that I do not think took place, so from my perspective my prescription for Keven going forward would be start being scrupulous about telling the truth about everything, from vet visits to identifying critters, to stop having unprofessional tantrums when people point out valid issues, and to decrease his workload to a manageable size so that he can afford to properly care for the critters he has.

And as far as the PayPal issue, he should neither ask customers to pay PayPal charges, or ask customers to make friend/family payments for business transactions.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:11 PM   #104
Snake-Queen
Keven, either you lied about the Moroccan's origins or you were lied to by the wholesaler you bought them from. $130 is extremely cheap for a CB, I normally see those go for $250 or more, for a quality CB uro.

If you use PayPal, eating the fee is something business owners do. When you go to any store and use your debit/credit card, that business owner pays a fee for your convenience. You are not charged that fee.

You can incorporate fees into your price; example: I have a dragon I'm selling for $200, but if you pay cash I will sell it for $175.

Also, throwing dirt at other members makes you look bad, very bad.

P.S. It is liar, not lier.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #105
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post

Once again Keven you are deceitful and dishonest.

Btw I live in a brick house
HAHAHAHA

Trust ed, he knows deceit and dishonesty well.

Brick house? Is that what they're calling it these days?

Keven, you may have honestly misrepresented the uros. Or maybe not so honestly. Decide which it was, prove it or not and move on. Your future actions will say a lot about your past statements.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #106
Ed Clark
Yes Lucille I know that both Keven and Tabea are both liars. both could have made a stronger case with a little effort if they had what they claimed to have.the fact that Keven did not even know what kind of cham he was selling in his other thread was laughable.all he knew was that he wanted $$$$$

He certainly has alot to learn!

Old 04-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #107
MikeCurtin
It's pretty clear that the op was lying....flat out. She lied about housing, time frames, decision to ship below freezing (which was obviously hers), and a veterinary visit.

Seems like Keven has been upfront and transparent about the whole transaction, albeit less than eloquent.

I routinely see people confuse C.H. and C.B., and would not be surprised if this is an honest mistake or information received from the wholesaler (intentional or otherwise).

Having said that, I think it's sad that some members here are still trying to tear this guy down....SOME with SHAMEFUL reputations at that.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #108
RBange1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
It's pretty clear that the op was lying....flat out. She lied about housing, time frames, decision to ship below freezing (which was obviously hers), and a veterinary visit.

Seems like Keven has been upfront and transparent about the whole transaction, albeit less than eloquent.

I routinely see people confuse C.H. and C.B., and would not be surprised if this is an honest mistake or information received from the wholesaler (intentional or otherwise).

Having said that, I think it's sad that some members here are still trying to tear this guy down....SOME with SHAMEFUL reputations at that.
Agree

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Old 04-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #109
MikeCurtin
Give this guy a chance to either make some adjustments to his business practices or do something that warrants such treatment.

The veiled is another topic and should probably be addressed on that thread. Not even sure if that was his fault, or prior neglect.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:41 PM   #110
Keven2
THE MOROCCANS WERE CB IMPORTS they are imported so it does make the price lower. The ones I have available now are farm raised imports I paid even less for these. I don't understand the problem with anybody understanding. They are not like. A captive bred animal that John doe raised uphere because they are imported. Being captive bred imports or farmed raised imports are still more expensive then wild caught which is what the Saharan was it was wild caught. Lucille you made a lot of good points and I will work on a lot of what you said. As far as pay pal yes I called them and asked them what they thought about charging the fee they charge me. They said it is up to each individual person. There is no rule saying not to as long as you tell your customers they are being charged it. As a business owner you let the customer know they are being charged that fee which I do. If they don't want to pay it then they have the option of not buying from you. I personally don't like charging higher prices on my animals. I would rather be up front and state there is a fee. It usually comes out to 5 or 6 bucks which is nothing to the customer but after 20 transactions comes up to a lot to the business owner. If someone chooses to add the 3.9 to there price f their animal that is there prerogative and if I want to charge the customer that is my prerogative. I know when I buy something I'd rather have some one tell me that I have to pay it rather then just inflated in the price. That is just my opinion. Neither id right or wrong. Yes i do admit i have a lot to work on and every day I learn more. I do thank the few people that have had constructive criticism and have made a list of points you have made up and I'm going to work on them. I was able to find homes for 3 rescues today after the funeral I went to. I'm going to try to cut my rescues down into half. I'm going to focus on this first. Hearing the co structive comments has made me realize I can't save the world! Although my intentions are good I need to have time to work on a lot of stuff that has been mentioned so I can succeed at selling reptiles. That in return will help me afford to better care for the ones I have. As far as all the nasty rude and down right horrible comments. The ones just wanting to feed off of the drama it has fought me what not to do to someone else. These two threads have made me literally I'll. I haven't slept haven't ate my life is in complete disarray. I have been on my phone answering questions being called names and just treated horribly by most. Not all then I find out how to check on other people's bios that are calling me all this stuff to see what they have done! Oh my!!! I've been in the hot seat for I think a week. All day defending myself every day. So to whoever said that I could have showed more effort that's just Insane. Also I'm not the best at expressing myself in writing it's very hard for me but I want to be successful in selling reptiles I absolutely love caring for them and I love being able to share that with other people. I'm not going anywhere reptiles is absolutely my passion so I'm gonna take most of the suggestions and apply them and continue to try to do better on a daily basis. Ok if I can answer any more questions or if anybody has anymore pointers to give I'd be more then happy to hear them. I really appreciate the constructive criticism but the name calling and talking down to me is not necessary. I would not do that to anybody on here. We all need to just try to be kinder to each other. Anyway I hope you all are having a blessed day😁

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!