Face Book - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
Lucille
Face Book

A whole new world.
For many years I had a minimal presence on facebook. Now because my son is planning to move this summer I am trying to do more on it so I can see more pictures etc. once they move.
There are all kinds of groups. I'm still learning about posting and levels of privacy and how things work. I guess it is more complicated since I haven't done it, should get easier I hope. Caught up with some friends from years ago.
There are all kinds of interesting people there!!

Old 01-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #2
bcr229
Lucille has been assimilated.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:22 PM   #3
Insomniac101
The alien pods have taken over her body, and mind.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #4
Lucille
So far I like most of my fellow pods just like I like most people here. But I found one drama llama, and just decided he was just having too much fun being a llama and so I stopped talking to him.
There are lots of specialty groups with really helpful people.
If you are a pod too, send me a friendship request

Old 01-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
Insomniac101
I did create an account several years ago. I felt, that of the two choices I had, joining was the best option. The other was being cut off from news about my cousins, nieces and nephews, and their kids. They're all working, and a couple are in college too, so Farcebook is the best way to reach everyone at once.

My husband and I are private people, and don't like our "business" out there, even if it's just trivial stuff. We used to be active in rescue dog transport from other states, so it was a good way to coordinate with other drivers.

Sigh . . . I'll send you a friend request.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
Lucille
Thank you fellow pod

Old 01-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
JColt
Pretty much like anything else, It can be very useful or very wasteful! My kids scattered all over. Most of the people in my friends list are relatives or long time friends. I rarely stay in a group for long because they eventually turn to drama. Don't want or need that. Also don't care if you love or hate the president.Don't care if your a gun nut or a bleeding heart. Use it for your own good and it's fine.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Pretty much like anything else, It can be very useful or very wasteful! My kids scattered all over. Most of the people in my friends list are relatives or long time friends. I rarely stay in a group for long because they eventually turn to drama. Don't want or need that. Also don't care if you love or hate the president.Don't care if your a gun nut or a bleeding heart. Use it for your own good and it's fine.
I agree, pod-ner. One group I joined is a plant group, I can't see a lot of drama developing there. Lots of advice, camaraderie, pictures, tales of plant rescue.
But I do have political beliefs particularly when it comes to families, I've already met some who seem to love argument more than they really seem to love people so it is hard to see how someone could organize a tool of change out of fb.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:07 PM   #9
snowgyre
Facebook is what you make of it, I've learned. Too many use it as a soapbox, I personally prefer it just to keep in touch with friends and family. Let's face it, no one ever won an argument or debate on Facebook, so it's best not to spin wheels. I use it to keep in touch with friends, family, colleagues, and former students.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:54 PM   #10
JColt
Out of many nephews and nieces, It is amazing some of the stuff they post. Family drama that would embarrass me to tell close friend and they just blab away like it's every day news for the world to see.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!