1 day pass for the BOI? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Should I set up a 24 hour pass for $1 to the BOI for posting rights?
Yes 9 21.43%
No 33 78.57%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2006, 10:49 AM   #21
tmx84
One other idea... There was a comment made early on, to make it $5.00, and then the seller pay the $5.00 for the customer. What if you allowed the seller to have access of giving out a link for a one time post. Where you could set up a back end script where they have to apply for it, and then when the customer goes to the page, you can make them register (how ever you would like to do it) and maybe set it up like a good/bad survey, and then have comments on the end. And it be posted into the BOI. Than on top of that, if you have problems with a seller just giving out links, you could easily ban a seller from having access to get a link etc. Or make a $25.00 on up membership only have access (something to that effect), or even a separate fee for sellers only (small fee for yearly access) and then the $100 and up have it already included?. Hopefully this all makes sense. Yes it would take some time to get setup because it would more than likely have to be scripted and everything else. Just thought i would throw out my idea i was thinking while reading everyones posts!

Old 02-19-2006, 11:47 PM   #22
hhmoore
I just realized that, although I had expressed my opinion, I had never formally voted on this poll

Old 02-20-2006, 07:34 AM   #23
NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
I think the dollar entrance would allow all the rif raf your trying to keep off the site in your BOI---and that amount is worth it to most trolls just to wreck havok on your forum.
Most trolls will not fork over 10---5 perhaps---one dollar without a doubt---but 10...I really don't think so.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #24
bcfos
I voted no.

Good concept in theory, but the "tease" factor of lets say troll "A" posting a good guy post about his buddy troll "B" and watching that post go downhill and end up with 30 some odd pages of bad stuff come out about his buddy would tend to lead me to believe troll "A" would want to fork over 10 bucks and defend his friend. Well that would last any where from 1 post to maybe 10 before he messed up and was suspended. Now troll "A" is suspended and goes around trolling every other board saying how wrong he was treated here.

Just not worth the added headache.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #25
crotalusadamanteus
I said and voted NO. (I admit to changing it when I started thinking about it.)Like stated before in another thread, it keeps down the number of monkeys flinging pooh around. Besides the fact that a one day pass would be virtually useless. Most threads carry on a bit longer than that, and the dollar would have to keep being paid. That alone would be enough of a pain to keep Me from posting.

My $0.025
Rick

Old 04-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #26
INSANE CANES
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Well, I say no. I just feel that this site is worth the minimum $10 a year for any posting so posting on the BOI is included in that.
I would have to agree with you there.
If they can afford the $1.00 they can afford the $10.00.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #27
jglass38
This is a tough one. In my case, I am a new breeder just starting out and have made sales to a few people that are not Fauna members. While I would have loved to have their positive feedback on the BOI, I couldn't very well ask them to spend $10 to do it after they have already spent a ton of money to acquire an animal and the proper housing/husbandry requirements. I guess the question would be, what is their good guy thread worth to me? In my opinion, its worth a lot. It would be nice if Rich could come up with some way to work around this. In hindsight, I should have probably just paid for the $10 membership for them as the positive feedback is worth more than that to me, now and in the future. Does this make sense?

Old 04-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #28
hhmoore
It does, but then we come back to a previous about "buying" feedback

Old 04-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #29
Digby Rigby
Thumbs up Just tell a friend

I do not have a paid membership and I very infrequently advertise for sale. In fact I tell people if you like the way I do business keep it to yourself o tell a friend. I also say if you have a complaint against a deal we have done then tell the world. It is for the client to decide whether to post good things about people not at the urging of the seller. If you do business in a way that engenders repeat business people will tell other people about you. Also by not asking people to post good things the posts you do get if any will be more organic and have a much truer ring to them. I do not have a web site, I do not take paypal or checks, only postal money orders. My business therefore doesnt grow as fast as it could but it does grow steadly and I have over 95% of my clients re order from me more than twice. Also animals that meet or exceed customer expectation is the way it should be not treated as an exception or an extraordinary circumstance. As I understand the BOI is for deals that exceed standards or for bad deals and rip offs. In closing if you just do things that meet or exceed expectations people will tell others and then not only do you get new customers that way but you also get repeat business. As I tell my clients "If you like the way I do business keep it to yourself and buy more. If you dont then tell the world" Look how many negative comments I have from people who have done business with me

DigbyRigby@exoticfeeders.com
http://exoticfeeders.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!