"Vendors with issues in the BOI" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #11
ms_terese
Quote:
The only thing I can see happening is putting a sticky at the top of the classifieds with a link to the BOI and instructions to research any seller prior to making a purchase.
I see this as the best solution as well. The BOI is intended to provide information, not be judge and jury.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #12
tejasranger
It has been a long time since I have read anything Jim F. has posted, that I wholeheartedly agreed with until now. There should be a Bad Guy area on fauna where someone could easily identify people you should not trust. As far as liability goes, wouldn't you be responsible if you knowingly allowed scammers to advertise on your sight, after it had been established by multiple complaints that the person in question was of dubious character?
You are essentially helping said person perpetrate his crime. Like a hotel owner that allows prostitution to go on inside his hotel, though he himself hasn't seen it, but has received several complaints but continues to rent rooms to scantily clad women with a purses full of condoms. Just a thought.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #13
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I think the liability~ and general headache of it all make it cost prohibitive (in my opinion) No one will be willing to admit they belong on a "Bad Guy" list~ and everyone called out with something to lose will be up in arms....screaming lawyer and murder.

I like the idea of the easier search function~

More~ If you see a for sale classified from a known scammer~ call him/her out by posting a link to their BOI threads on their ad (or if they lock the ad, post it above or below their ad). That keeps Rich out of court and gives you all the power to police the situation at least as well as your asking Rich too.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #14
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Something else I thought of~
There are computer professionals on this site~ maybe someone could volunteer to create a program that will link a users name to a search for that users name on the BOI that could be part of the profile information on that side bar. I don't know how it could be done~ but if it could it would sure be usefull if when "Cheryl Marchek aka JM" posts an advertisement there were a button in my profile that said "See BOI threads with this users name in the title"~ that would be usefull to both the good guys trying to sell stuff and to those looking to buy stuff.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #15
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Something else I thought of~
There are computer professionals on this site~ maybe someone could volunteer to create a program that will link a users name to a search for that users name on the BOI that could be part of the profile information on that side bar. I don't know how it could be done~ but if it could it would sure be usefull if when "Cheryl Marchek aka JM" posts an advertisement there were a button in my profile that said "See BOI threads with this users name in the title"~ that would be useful to both the good guys trying to sell stuff and to those looking to buy stuff.

I like cheryls idea too. The biggest thing we have here, is the need for an eaiser, or better, search function. Something that can also Auto correct if something is misspelled. If i typed in, Compuyter, It would then ask, Did you mean: Computer?
OR the search function ( and this CAN be done) can Link to anything with a similar structure to a word, or relation. ( i know this dosnt work now unless you have the word Spot on,( Example, i tried "Comput" and nothing came up, But did get results from "Comp" but only because the word was used, and didnt necessarily mean the thread was about computers )

The next thing for sure, is an easier more visible way to know that the BOI exists here, something that is blatanly obvious so that way, people know to research beforehand.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #16
kmurphy
I believe something should be done. There definitely comes a point when you know, through customer complaints, that the vendor is definitely no good. The likelihood of being sued by someone like that is extremely remote. Maybe just an improved search engine would work.

Dragondad wrote:

Quote:
I would like to see at the top of the BOI a specific point that says "Search the BOI for" and a box for fill in.
Why not put it a the top of each classified section?

Old 02-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #17
kmurphy
Sorry Cheryl. Didn't read your post well enough. I agree with you.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #18
ms_terese
Let me ask a question:

Is the primary goal of this proposal to offer better protection to buyers, or to minimize revenue for the indicted "bad guys"?

Old 02-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #19
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
Let me ask a question:

Is the primary goal of this proposal to offer better protection to buyers, or to minimize revenue for the indicted "bad guys"?

I would believe that it would only be aimed at protecting buyers. Hence not outright calling them badguys. Like jim said, if they want to argue a case and NOT be seen as somone to avoid doing business with, they can post on their threads and defend themselves. Jim would have to answer your question, but i believe that its not intended to purposefully prevent those people from gaining revenue? it would be those peoples own fault if they made it to such a list anyway... It would just help buyers to make the right choice in their purchases.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #20
Wilomn
If enough people post on enough bad guys, this site will garner a reputation.

That reputation, once firmly established, will in and of itself keep known scammers from posting here.

Just be on your toes and speak up when you see a scumbag posting things for sale.

It may take a bit of time, but it will work. It will also completely remove any onus from rich, who is, after all, just a cornsnake breeder and not Captian of the Reptile Police.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!