Anyone know of any Retailers/Breeders/Wholesalers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-18-2002, 01:58 AM   #1
Celia Chien
Hello,

Does anyone know of any good Reptile Retailers/Breeders/Wholesalers that are willing/able to ship reptiles outside of the United States?  I get anywhere between 1 to 5+ emails a week from potential customers who live in other countries looking for animals.  Sometimes all they want is just one ball python, but the majority of the emails are potential customers looking to make large purchases (either on high doller animals or a large group of animals).  

Since we (the East Bay Vivarium) don't deal with shipping outside of the United States, I have no choice but to turn away these customers.  However, I would really like to be able to refer them to someone who would be able to help them out.  I would ideally, like to compile a list of people who are able to ship outside of the U.S. who are great to deal with and have quality animals.  So if you, or someone you know does deal with shipping reptiles out of the U.S. let me know!!  

Thanks,

Celia Chien
webmaster
East Bay Vivarium
http://www.eastbayvivarium.com

Old 05-18-2002, 05:08 PM   #2
Gary Walsch
Get a hold of Ben Siegel and he shouldbe able to help you.

Gary Walsch
Sunshine State Reptiles

Old 05-18-2002, 09:57 PM   #3
Amanda Burke
I have to echo the Ben Siegel reply...he is an absolute pleasure to work with and I think he ships internationally.  
Amanda

Old 05-24-2002, 11:07 AM   #4
ExoticPetSales
http://www.exoticpetsales.com    I can ship internationally.  E-mail:Jim@ReptileCity.com  Thank You   Jim

Old 06-03-2002, 01:37 AM   #5
Celia Chien
Thanks for the info everyone!  Hopefully this will help out some of our international customers as well as bring some of you more business!

Celia Chien

Old 06-03-2002, 05:25 PM   #6
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Celia,

I to ship World Wide.  I do however have a minimu order of $2000 to ship out of country.  One thing you might want to check on before you send someone to a person that says they ship internationally is make sure they truly licensed to do so.  The US FWS licence's parties to import and export in the country. I know Ben Seigal is Licenced as well as I am.  I can't speak for any other person though.  If a person is not licenced and ships C.I.T.E.S. animals both parties are subject to violating the ESA &  Lacy Act and possible jail time and fines. Just want to make sure you look into the right directions for your needed help.  It does not matter if you use me or not, I just want to ensure you get the legal process to get the desired animals shipped.

Old 06-04-2002, 10:15 PM   #7
tgibson
Celia:

I am the owner of The Global Reptile, based in Helena, Montana. We have an import/export license and are USDA licensed as well. Send me an email of the items you are interested in and I will be happy to send you a price quote.

Old 06-07-2002, 01:48 AM   #8
Celia Chien
Hello,

Thanks for the heads up and all the info Rob! spam_I definitely am not familiar with the regulations involved in shipping outside of the U.S. since we don't do it so all the information you mentioned is very helpful! spam_I will add both you and Tobin to my list of wholesalers so far and check with everyone else to make sure they are in fact certified.

Celia Chien
webmaster
East Bay Vivarium

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!