Carolina Reptile Exchange - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #11
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpdcp
Well after leaving a lot of bad talk on several different forums, he finally called me a dirt bag and admitted that he had the female. I paid shipping both ways, when I got her she was loose in the box because the bag had a hole in it. I was just glad to have her back. I guess he did not like the truth being spread all over the web. I have another problem I do not believe the the reverse trio of gaboon vipers that he gave me is what I traded for. I will know more next week. I have two that are 3+ feet and one that is barely 2' they were all supposed to be over 3.5'. I believe that the smallest one is the female. The female was supposed to be the largest one. He said 4'. I have a restraining tube coming next week, so I will probe them to make sure. If so I will never deal with them again and, I will advise many people I know to do the same. If the smallest on is the female I will have to sell her and get a larger one. From what I know to breed them they pretty much need to be the same size.
John,

Cathy made very good points. Please tell us that the gaboons were shipped Delta in a wooden box and not through any of the other carriers.

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #12
jwpdcp
Dear Maynard,
I stated before that it was my fault. I do not need anyone to be remind me. I have lots of experience with both venomous and constrictors. About 31 years. I do not want to grow the Gaboon. I want a breeder female, and one way or another I will get one. I have been a member here since 10/17/05 as you pointed out. But I could count on one hand how many times I have been on here. I have enough of my own problems, to be worried about someone else's. I usually am tending to more pressing issues. The thread was started because I did not want anyone else to get taken. By the way if someone sent me the wrong snake, I would have called and told them. This was not the case. They denied ever getting a female. Anyway I really do not know why I am explaining myself to you. Oh I remember now!

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
--Albert Einstein

Old 02-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #13
The BoidSmith
John,

They kept a snake that was sent by mistake and they may have misrepresented what they sold to you. Bad business practices without a doubt. But there's one thing that's even more disturbing as there's a potential risk to human lives. A Gaboon loose inside a box!? Was this a cardboard box? Which carrier did they use to send those Gaboons?

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #14
esoteric-lizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
John,

They kept a snake that was sent by mistake and they may have misrepresented what they sold to you. Bad business practices without a doubt. But there's one thing that's even more disturbing as there's a potential risk to human lives. A Gaboon loose inside a box!? Was this a cardboard box? Which carrier did they use to send those Gaboons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpdcp
Well after leaving a lot of bad talk on several different forums, he finally called me a dirt bag and admitted that he had the female. I paid shipping both ways, when I got her she was loose in the box because the bag had a hole in it. I was just glad to have her back.
maybe he was speaking of the retic that was shipped back to him???

Old 02-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
John,

Thanks.
That is a scary, scary thought.
Hot keepers are being regulated unmercifully, but when you see something like this, you have to consider the safety of the general public and you begin to understand where some of those restrictions are coming from.
Like Dan, I would like to hear more details about the box and circumstances.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #16
jwpdcp
Yes it was the Retic that was loose, not the Gaboon. Point is this he would never return calls or emails until he got word of the bad publicity he was receiving. He would have kept the female had that not happened. I usually post on another forum about ALL of my snakes and how they are doing. He got word of it and called me a dirt bag. The female was of absolutely no value to him for breeding she is too young. But she is a purple phase and worth about twice as much as the lavender male. All of the Gaboons have been regurgitating. I do not know at this point what is the matter. Happens about 6 or 7 days after they eat. Maybe stress, or temperature variants.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #17
skycock
Are the gaboons CB or WC? When dealing with bitis, especially gaboons and rhinos, CB's are really the only way to go. WC animals of the sort are notorious for regurging, that is if they even take food in the first place, and tend to not make it long enough for propagation-something about their diet in the wild and of course parasites. Just curious-also...have you checked the prices around on gaboons?-this was a bad trade anyhow, in my opinion at least. Sorry you got screwed-be more careful next time-
Trey

Old 02-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
John,

Thanks for clearing up the issue of which snake was the one that escaped from the bag. There's one important question that remains unanswered, which carrier did they use to ship those Gaboon vipers?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #19
jwpdcp
I had him ship Delta Dash. Of course he did it when he got around to it. 3 days after I shipped mine.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #20
The BoidSmith
Thanks John. For a moment I thought they would have tried to send them through one of the other carriers.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann