Ordering Feeders - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #11
RobertII
Personally I love LLL for their great prices on supplies. But their live feeders not up to par with the others.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #12
monkeywrench133
Shinkster: I'll give Lazy H a call tomorrow, early, and hopefully they can get an order to me by Friday.

Robert, what's the problem with LLL's feeders?

Old 01-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #13
shinkster
i've got a bug order being "held due to weather" right now. the dragons are not happy campers. hopefully i'll hear back from these folks early tomorrow so that if i need to i can get an early order in elsewhere in the morning. otherwise it's waxies in the salads till next week (which they don't mind, but i do)

good luck with your morning call, and congrats on your 100th post

Old 01-31-2007, 01:48 AM   #14
Robust_Beardies
Since Lazy H. Bait ships USPS, he will ship everyday. Well, except Sunday. If you order before 5pm, he will ship the crickets out the same day. The most we've ordered is 2000 feeders at a time and the total was $28.

We'd love to start a roach colony, but no one ships here We've been told that the temperature down here is PERFECT for them to breed if they get loose. And that's really what Florida needs . . . more non-native species taking over!!

Old 01-31-2007, 08:46 AM   #15
monkeywrench133
Yeah, I was just thinking, that the last thing Florida needs is more roaches. (I've lived in the south) But would it be possible to start a colony of a native species? There's got to be a source of clean native roaches down there somewhere. Maybe contact a couple of the universities and see if they are doing anything with them. Or pest control places, big ones like Orkin. I'd bet they've got colonies they use for studies or demonstrations. You wouldn't need more than a dozen or so to get you started.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #16
shinkster
i'm just sitting here picturing all them southern bugs. it's too bad you can't just take any ol roach or cricket from outside because everyone could save some money, but those in the south could save millions it's just too bad chiggers are too small for beardies to really eat em... those things deserve to be eaten.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #17
monkeywrench133
I was thinking that myself. Could you collect some roaches from somewhere uncontaminated, like way out in the woods? Then get some of those predatory mites to clean any external parasites off of them? And there's got to be some way to rid them of internal parasites, otherwise research facilities wouldn't be able to establish clean colonies.

Just think, with some effort, you could be the native roach gods of Florida!! And you probably wouldn't have any problem selling the excess.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #18
monkeywrench133
Hey Tigres, I just talked to Mike at Lazy H and ordered 2000 crickets. He's going to ship them out today! Nice guy too! Oh, and he charged $14/1000 shipped, pretty darn good!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #19
monkeywrench133
Just wanted to update everyone. I got my box-o-crickets from Lazy H today, and these are some nice, healthy looking crickets! Very few DOAs, especially considering they spent 5 days in the "care" of the USPS. And at $24 for 2000, I think I'll be ordering from them again!

Old 02-07-2007, 03:07 AM   #20
Robust_Beardies
We're glad that they arrived in great condition! We've been very pleased with everything and are happy to recommend a great supplier.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!