Ordering Feeders - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
monkeywrench133
Ordering Feeders

I was wondering who'd be best to order feeders from? I've got 5 two month old beardies.

Also, do any of you feed roaches? if so, how old should beardies be before you start feeding roaches?

Old 01-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
Cat_72
I order all of my crickets and worms from reptilefood.com. Clean, healthy bugs and the service is awesome.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
Bar None Reptiles
I second reptilefood.com. I have been using them since, geez, at least 99? Is that when they opened? Something like that. I have tried the others, but these guys are the best. Extremely reliable!! Prices are pretty much spot on, especially if you order in bulk. I am working on getting my roaches big enough to actually support the entire collection, but on occassion I toss some here and there. Stick to the size rule of space between the eyes.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
Reptileking636
I use feeder roaches and i feed the beardies roaches from birth, i just mainly feed them the roaches that have just molted so the lizards can eat them easier. If you get a couple hundred lobster roaches you can have a selfsustaining colony within 2 months. Thats what i did and it works extremely well, just keep the roaches fed well and their population will just explode.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 AM   #5
Robust_Beardies
One thing that we've found out is that if you find a small breeder of feeders they are usually a lot cheaper. We used Lucky Lure for a while because they were close and the price wasn't too bad; but the price jumped up a lot and the quality of their insects and packaging went downhill, so we switched.

We found a guy who started out as a bait shop but now caters to the reptile world by selling crickets and superworms. It's called Lazy H. Bait and he's based in LaBelle, Florida so he's really close to us. $15 dollars for a 1000 crickets, shipped, and they're here in two days! He's never let us down! The crickets are hardy, well fed and the extra beetles and fuzzy worms that usually come in a box are very limited, if any. His phone number is (863) 675-3109 if you want to give a call.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #6
RobertII
For Crickets or Supers reptilefood.com
If you want to go for roaches you might want to go for discoids. Great feeder roach! If you want to start a colony you need to give them a chance to breed and then they explode. www.discoids.com is a great place to order them from.
He will not ship to Florida or Arizona.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
monkeywrench133
I just ordered some roaches to start my own colony from Sammy Gregg (Discoids.com), so we'll see how that goes. Anytime I've tried to raise my own feeders, I've always been way TOO successful LOL! And to clarify, Sammy does ship to AZ, its Hawaii and Florida he can't ship to.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
RobertII
Sorry for the confusion. I talk to sammy daily and for some reason I thought he wasnt shipping to Arizona. Oh well Thanks for clearing that up!

Old 01-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #9
monkeywrench133
RobertII No Problem! It threw me when I read that though, Sammy and I discussed the housing market here a little bit, so I figured if there was a problem, he would have said something!

Tigres13 $15 per thousand shipped is about the cheapest I've heard. LLL Reptiles has them for $16.99 shipped, or $26.99 for 2000 shipped. Does your guy have designated shipping days? LLL only ships on Mon, Tues, Weds. I'd like to be able to get orders on Friday, until the roach colony is up to speed.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
shinkster
generally when folks ship on wednesday, it's to ensure you get it by friday and don't end up with buggies waiting over the weekend to go to their new bellies :-D

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!