Iguana rescue help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #1
ch104849
Iguana rescue help

So I rescued this iguana yesterday and I think he has mbd but I've never had a problem with my iguanas and mbd so I'm loading this guy up on calcium and a brand new uvb bulb, any help on what this looks like, thanks

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Old 01-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Yes, that looks like MBD (swollen jaw is common), in addition to the boost of D3 and calcium, make sure he's getting lots of fluids, staying very hydrated. I'd take him into the vet to make sure he doesn't need antibiotics as well as infections or fractured bones may have occurred.
Good luck with the little one, I hope it goes well

Old 01-29-2016, 12:41 PM   #3
ch104849
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Yes, that looks like MBD (swollen jaw is common), in addition to the boost of D3 and calcium, make sure he's getting lots of fluids, staying very hydrated. I'd take him into the vet to make sure he doesn't need antibiotics as well as infections or fractured bones may have occurred.
Ok thank you, any way to help him get more fluids?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Old 02-17-2016, 02:05 AM   #4
KIMB00P
Omg that looks horrible!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!