Can't stay logged in? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
WebSlave
Can't stay logged in?

A FYI.....

I seem to get a lot of emails from members who say they are able to log in, but when they try to go to any other page on the site, they find that they are no longer logged in. Or they just keep getting bounced back to the login page after they do log in. Which, of course, means they can't post anywhere. My general response has been that it is a problem with their browser's ability to handle cookies, but that appears to be only partially accurate.

I asked my programmer about this problem, figuring he has probably had more experience with vBulletin issues then most people, and here is the response I got from him:

Quote:
It is a corrupt cookie problem. This nearly always happens on IE browsers and related to browser (user end). A cookie gets corrupted and IE cant overwrite it hence problem happens. This cookie needs to be deleted manually by the user in cookie directory or all his cookies should be deleted by the user in IE/internet options/general/DELETE COOKIES.

Alternatively user can use another browser (eg. firefox) which will fix the
problem since its cookie structure is seperate from IE. If he uses IE based
browsers this method will not work as they share the same cookie directory (eg. maxthon or avant browsers) so new browser should be independant from IE completely like firefox, safari or mozzila browsers.

Since it is on user end, there is nothing you can do.