i really need to delete a thread in sound off - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
sagespyder@yahoo.com
i really need to delete a thread in sound off

I found out today someone found the thread i posted in sound off and has printed it out with malicious intent. while the only copy that i know of is in the hands of someone i trust i have been asked to have it deleted to protect certain parties.

i tried looking for the edit button but to no avail. it would be really helpful if i got help with my problem.

thanks for taking the time!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Alex G
Anything you post online is there forever. Even if it's deleted, a determined individual can use cache or the waybackmachine to find it again. You should use discretion when posting sensitive information (or photos, while we're on the subject. I know this isn't necessarily related to you but...) because once it's out here, it's out of your control.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
WebSlave
Also, please note that it is not our policy to delete posts nor threads here simply because a member requests that it be done. Deleting threads takes out not only your posts, but everyone else's posts who have participated within that thread. Simply deleting your posts in a thread then makes the entire thread completely nonsensical to ALL readers, and therefore makes the thread a complete waste of space.

Quite honestly, I am just not inclined to do that to this site.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
ozz465
A lesson to anyone who read that thread , Keep private stuff private . Obv it will cause problems.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
sagespyder@yahoo.com
I understand that once things get posted it may be impossible to delete and since then I was done a great favor and the thread was moved to hell last week. in that sense the person should not be able to read it anymore unless they joined the site. however i am being told that the person had joined to to have access to that particular thread.

i really don't want to post details here because of all the trouble that this has caused already but i have no where left to turn to.

the thread is locked now but a quick skim and you can guess what is going on.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
Helenthereef
AS OP why can't she edit and delete sensitive sections?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
sagespyder@yahoo.com
for one the thread is almost a year old. that is all i know about that. if nothing can be changed i concede. i will deal with this the best i can. my mistake, lesson learned.

thank you for trying to help though.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
moving it was the best we could do. Posts cannot be edited after a year, sorry.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Posts cannot be edited after a year, sorry.
Aha, didn't know that.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
sagespyder@yahoo.com
it is alright to me.. i am just getting a lot of griping from people.. that is the only reason why i want to take it down.. frankly i would like to put more into the thread because of what has happened but after what had happened.. i have no real outlet anymore.

that is why i put it there in the first place.. i felt a great need to get it off my chest and since the forum is called sound off, a place to get things off your chest, i could place it there not thinking that anyone would search through any of my postings to find it and after searching the way the person causing trouble might have i have not seen that in any of the search engines i have used.

but i suppose that is off topic. all i care to state is that was my thinking behind what i did, getting it off my chest in a community i respect safely. only in the last part, that it being safe from the general public was i wrong. no biggie, i learned not to do that and i apologize for bothering mods about it in the first place. i am still very glad that it was moved into hell where it is safe from the general public.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!