Help with Spiney Tail Iguana - Cstenosaur similis - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-10-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
saicam
Help with Spiney Tail Iguana - Cstenosaur similis

Ok, long story short, I made a mistake and while ordering a few other reptiles, I had a spiny tail iguana in the group. And unfortunately I did not realize that until the next day with my shipping notice. So i decided to roll with it.

I am reading mixed care instruction for these guys on mostly on the food side and humidity.

A few sources say that their diet is more towards the Green Iguana side, which I have been doing, a mix of greens - Collard, turnip, mustard greens etc, some shaved zucchini, squash and carrots, etc. The only thing I can see she eating are the carrots.

Now where I am in a quandary and my first question, after doing some more research I been reading that they need to be fed insects as well when younger and just trying to clarify if this is true.

Mine is a juvenile at the moment about 16 in with tail. I just want to get the correct information.

Currently I have her in a tank measuring 36l x 24 w 24tall (since this was an unexpected accidental buy I am building a bigger habitat in the next week)

Im using a cypress mulch with, which brings me to my next issue. I read some say that they do not need that high of humidty and some say they do, so I just been misting during the morning. Basking spots that are 105, with an ambient temp range of about 80-85.

the TLR 2 questions
1. What foods are you having success with juvenile eating and
2. What should the humidity levels be?
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #2
Edwardo
Lightbulb

Sounds like your on the right track, mine took some time to settle in and start eating really good.
I got him going with superworms, they cant resist them, but now mostly on a dark leafy green diet with worms maybe once every two weeks.

The humidity can be moderate, high is not necessary.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!