SOLD!! Ivory and het ivory sulcata tortoises (2020) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
nickolasanastasiou
Ivory and het ivory sulcata tortoises (2020)

*** ALL SOLD OUT FOR 2020. THANK YOU KINDLY. ***

Individual 2020 ivories with a 100% het included:

$750 with shipping included

Individual 2020 100% hets for ivory:

$150 each with shipping included

Add another het to any order for an additional $80.

To purchase 2020 ivories and/or ivory hets, please email Josh Hinshaw at jtrux1 at gmail dot com or send a message via the Tortoise Morphs page on Facebook to get the conversation started. He will return messages as soon as he can get to them.

Fife line ivory sulcatas. The 2020 ivories and hets are/were feeding on a wide variety of provided fare and live indoors (they are soaked daily as well). The 2020s come from a breeding collaboration - of which I am a principal partner/owner.

The photos provided show one of the 2020 ivory hatchlings in the process of emerging from its egg and our 2019 ivory holdback (the holdback is not for sale) to show an example of what a not-quite-yearling should look like from our colony. Only 2020 ivories and hets are being made available in this ad, so asking about older animals would be without merit.

A post with older photos of the parents (ivory male and het females):

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...24&postcount=3

Any buyer is expected to have done his/her research prior to making contact, as it shows intellectual investment in the well-being of the animal(s).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOS:

Shipping and LAG:

I ship via Reptile Express (which utilizes Fed-Ex). If there is adverse weather involved, we will wait for a safer shipping window as warranted. Contact me at nickolasanastasiou at yahoo dot com if you are interested in purchasing. I offer a live arrival guarantee if you are present to receive. If there is a DOA situation, I expect multiple hi-res photos adequately displaying the condition within an hour of receipt (and I may require the corpse/corpses to be sent back to me; you will be compensated for this if it happens). If there is a discrepancy in description, I expect to be made aware of it within the day it is received (in which case, I will issue you a full refund upon safe return of the animal/animals to me). Animals under 4" scl are not sold as pets. Contiguous 48 only (I actually can ship to HI or AK, but there may be additional costs involved that the buyer would have to cover).

Shipping is about $50 most of the time. Sometimes I save two bucks and sometimes I lose ten over the included number, so $50 is what I settle at for smaller animals. I suppose I could meet up with someone closer and chop the shipping off, but it would have to be a convenient location for me and I am ONLY chopping the shipping off for a meet-up. The distance you traverse has zero bearing on this cost reduction. Larger animals cost a heap more to ship, so that incorporated cost is steeper.

Email me at nickolasanastasiou at yahoo dot com if you are interested in purchasing. I am usually busy between work, perhaps school, care for my menagerie, more work, family stuff, and yet more work, so email works best for me. Deal discussions are to be conducted through email. Since I use Fauna private messages for site-related communications, I am unlikely to respond to PMs about animals in my ads. It also implies the person either did not read or did not care about what was written.

Payment:

All non-local sale prices have shipping cost, packaging, and any miscellaneous fees/costs built in for buyer convenience except where otherwise indicated (usually for much larger individuals). What you see is what you get. Payment plans are no longer accepted. If only a portion of the total due is sent to me and I have not explicitly agreed to that, I reserve the right to refund you and refuse sale. If an offer is made and I accept it with a time frame involved for payment, a lapse of said time frame without any delivery of payment typically means the agreement has been invalidated (for example, if you say you are going to pay me [amount] on [date] and I agree to that, the deal is basically void if [date] passes and payment has not been sent) unless we both agree to the renegotiation of the payment window and there are no communication deficits.

Sexing:

Unsexed animals, probable sexes, and temp-sexed animals have no associated guarantees as to a specific sex. A probable male/female appears to be so at the time, but has not necessarily reached full maturity, so there is room for error. A TSF or TSM label is subject to the performance of accurate TSD and that is a shift of probability in favor of a particular sex (it often works out, but occasionally does not; such is the chance we all take). A guaranteed sex is, as stated, guaranteed. If an animal of guaranteed sex ends up revealing itself to be not of the purchased and explicitly declared sex (with sufficient evidence sent to me) down the road, it can be returned to me in a healthy state for a full refund (the general practice) or, if you are attached emotionally, we may be able to do a partial refund based on current market prices while you retain the animal.

Trades:

I prefer sales to trades in almost all cases. Not seeking trades at this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things we are not: a charity, a rescue, or a home for wayward tortoises that failed to make it big by venturing out West only to end up starring in tortoise mating documentaries.

Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 04-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Some shots of new hatchlings. A typical-scuted one is shown in three photos. A split-scuted one is shown in one photo. Sometimes split scutes give a nod towards being a female, but sometimes the presence of irregular scutes occurs in males as well. Depends on factors involved as well as the timing of their influence. We call these babies unsexed regardless.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 04-04-2020, 07:27 PM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
More fat white lumps are hatching. Super cute.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 04-13-2020, 03:49 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
New hets and ivories have been hatching. Here are two 2020 hets beside a 2019 ivory.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 04-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
We have sold out of previous batches of hets and ivories aside from one ivory (that is fine to go to a new home) and have new batches/clutches hatching now (that will take a bit of time to meet our criteria for transitioning to new keepers).
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-20-2020, 12:14 AM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
Additional ivories and hets have been hatching today.

Additional eggs have been laid today.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
We are nearing the end of the hatching season for ivories and hets.

Hets are no longer available.

Ivories are 725 shipped without a het. We have only around a handful at the moment and they tend to move rapidly. Once we are completely out and no more eggs are waiting to pip, we will not be hatching more until around March or April of 2021.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-13-2020, 10:36 PM   #8
nickolasanastasiou
An example of one of our few remaining available 2020 ivory hatchlings. Ours grow large quickly if kept properly (fed, hydrated, and warm). This one, as many do, has a penchant for wearing its meals as much as eating them.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
We also have a couple with more or less bilaterally symmetrical aberrant scutes. The babies are unsexed, but sometimes that can occur due to a temperature spike or other environmental condition excursion.

Ivories with typical scutes: 725 shipped
Ivories with aberrant scutes: 700 shipped

Email Josh Hinshaw (his email is provided early on in the first post of the ad) for coordinated efforts.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-30-2020, 07:46 PM   #10
nickolasanastasiou
We have now sold out of ivories and hets for 2020. We should not hatch more until 2021. Thank you for your interest and patronage.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread