Bogus paypal email - do not reply if you get it - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #21
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
Dan,

Good questions, and no worries...

What I mean by hovering over the link is this:

http://www.paypal.com

The link appears to be a link for PayPal, however, what do you see down in the status bar when you hover over it with your mouse pointer?
That's all well and good if it is webmail or on a webpage, in email clients like Outlook you won't see anything when you mouse over a link.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #22
The BoidSmith
OK, now I see what you are saying. Funny but in my other computer I couldn't see nothing in the bottom bar.

Thanks.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #23
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
That's all well and good if it is webmail or on a webpage, in email clients like Outlook you won't see anything when you mouse over a link.
Yes, that is true, but you can right click on an HTML encodede e-mail and select "View Source" and you can see if the link is redirected.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #24
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Yes, that is true, but you can right click on an HTML encodede e-mail and select "View Source" and you can see if the link is redirected.
Right on Jim! I just right clicked on that PayPal example link, click on properties and showed me the yahoo link. I learned quite a bit today thanks to you guys.

Regards.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:43 AM   #25
Mister Internet
My company charges $145 an hour for me... you owe me a couple free snakes!

Seriously though, always glad to help out... a little knowledge is very empowering when it comes to the Internet...

Old 05-26-2005, 08:20 AM   #26
The BoidSmith
Tom,

You did a fine job! That's why I already sent an -echeck for 10 hours worth of your time to the link you provided. From what I learned in the last few hours I assumed that was the right way to do it.

Regards.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:03 AM   #27
Mister Internet
Hahaha... I'm sure Yahoo! appreciates the gratis venture capital...

Old 05-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #28
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
My company charges $145 an hour for me... you owe me a couple free snakes!
Same here, I'll take BPs or Corns. I only wish I got a better percentage of what I am whored out at.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #29
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
Same here, I'll take BPs or Corns. I only wish I got a better percentage of what I am whored out at.
You and me both... someone's smiling on the way to the bank, and it isn't me. Well, I can't exactly complain, but it's peanuts compared to the rate they charge, no doubt...

Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #30
DAND
I've also received a few e-mails from Ebay. They thing is I don't have an account set up with Ebay.

Dear customer. Please read this message and follow it's instructions

Unauthorized Account Access

We recently reviewed your account, and we suspect an unauthorized ATM based transaction on your account. Therefore as a preventive measure we have temporary limited your access to sensitive features.

To get started, please click the link below:

Click Respo?nd Now to get started;for your security.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!