A question about Hondo morphs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Pinkypie
A question about Hondo morphs

What is the difference between an albino and a tangerine albino? Ive been looking at pics they appear to be so similiar that I cant tell what the big difference is. Is there a website that explains the difference honduran morphs?
Also is a hybino a hypo albino?

thanks for the help.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
Pasodama
An Albino Hondo will have orange and yellow (or orange-yellow) bands. A Tangerine Albino will have all orange bands.
Yes, a Hybino is a Hypo Albino.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Pinkypie
Okay thanks, I guess ive seen some albinos that were actually tangerine albinos.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Pasodama
I have been meaning to get back to this thread but kept forgetting.

An Albino is an Albino no matter how it is labeled. What I had stated is the utmost basic generalization.
Not everyone will list the distinction between different colorations.
So, even a Tangerine Albino can be labeled solely as Albino (since it is, after all, an Albino).

In Hondos (normal type coloration), there are the Tricolors, Tangerines, and Bi-colors (a form of Tangerine).
- Tricolors are Red with White, yellow(ish), or Apricot/Peach bands (plus black borders).
- Tangerines are Red with Orange or Red bands (plus black borders).
- Bi-Colors are Tangerines. Sometimes people will use Bi-Color, for most any Tangerine, while others limit the use, of Bi-Color, only for those individuals that are Red with Red bands (or darn close to being same colored).

So, for the Albino morph, each coloration type can be listed as "Albino".
It is just that Tricolors will not (or should not) be listed as "Tangerine Albinos". Thus, it is more appropriate to list them solely as "Albino" or, if a distinction is to be made, list them as "Tricolor Albinos".

Old 12-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
Pinkypie
Thanks, thats a great explanation and helps me figure out what I have.
I guess my big male is a tangerine, he is dark orange and light orange strips on white.
Im thinking I need to find a nice hypo het albino female for him? Or just a tangerine albino or a regular albino? Which would give me the best mix of babies.

Sorry Ive never bred but this boy is just too gorgeous to let sit around with getting him a mate.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
tspuckler
Ideally the triads in a tangerine albino should be the same color as its other orange bands, like this snake I produced last year:

Albinos from red-black-yellow Hondurans have yellow triads. But many albinos don't really have "pure" orange of yellow triads, it's a yellow-orange mix. Some people call these peach albinos. The pic below shows the range in triad color within a half a clutch of hatchlings:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!