SnakeSnare.com - Self Explanitory - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-22-2004, 02:03 AM   #111
bcfos
читать этот ты маленький совокупляться к

Highly doubtful since you have seemingly limited skills and even more limited thinking ability. But what can we expect from someone living in liberal California?

How is that google search going anyway? Still lost in never never land?

Old 12-22-2004, 02:19 AM   #112
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos
Highly doubtful since you have seemingly limited skills and even more limited thinking ability. But what can we expect from someone living in liberal California?

How is that google search going anyway? Still lost in never never land?
Is that the best you can come up with? That is pitiful. You have nothing good to come back with but a weak jab at the state that I reside in.

I gave up on the search awhile ago. I am pretty sure you are FOS anyway. I would rather waste my time typing back and forth insults to you.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Bthacker

Old 12-22-2004, 02:23 AM   #113
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
Is that the best you can come up with? That is pitiful. You have nothing good to come back with but a weak jab at the state that I reside in.

I gave up on the search awhile ago. I am pretty sure you are FOS anyway. I would rather waste my time typing back and forth insults to you.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Bthacker

You can try but your attempts thus far are very weak indeed. Go back to pre-school and find some original material and then get back with me. Till then I bet you tear google up looking for something witty to say.

Old 12-22-2004, 03:35 AM   #114
Python Dreams
Talking crap about California from Alabama? I can already hear the dueling banjos playing..... :-)
Tom Baker

Old 12-22-2004, 10:03 AM   #115
Mustangrde1
Gordon Schuett, a former Arizona State University biology professor who studies Arizona rattlesnakes, said moving a snake any substantial distance is distressful to it. Schuett is among those who say euthanasia by a veterinarian may be kinder. "Reptiles have a keen sense of their home, and what they do is try to find home when you translocate them. If you move them a mile, they either return or get confused," Schuett said. The stress creates hormonal changes that interfere with their ability to find food and makes them more vulnerable to predators and disease, he said. Schuett also sees problems in introducing a snake into a new population.Different groups of snakes have different types of immunities. A snake entering a population can infect the new group or become infected itself with diseases or parasites, said Schuett, curator of reptiles at Zoo Atlanta and a faculty member at Georgia State University. Schuett, who conducts fieldwork in Arizona, co-edited Biology of the Vipers, a book that includes several Arizona studies that show rattlesnakes died after being moved farther than a quarter-mile from home. Kevin Wright, curator of living collections at the Phoenix Zoo, agreed that moving snakes could consign them to a slow death. Wright, a veterinarian and reptile expert, said a good relocation site is hard to find. "If it's a good habitat, snakes are there already. If it's bad, there aren't any snakes," said Wright, adding that survival depends on their prey base. "A little ground snake that feeds on beetles can survive, but rattlesnakes need more." The addition of a single mature snake can throw off the ecological balance of a snake feeding ground. Wright recommends education and tolerance.

Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center, AHSC, 1501 N. Campbell, Tucson, AZ 85724

For years government and private agencies throughout the west have participated in the relocation of desert pests including venomous reptiles at the request of homeowners and businesses. The relocation of these animals is perceived by the general public and the agencies involved as a humanitarian way of dealing with the problems associated with habitat loss.

Through an Arizona Game and Fish Department Heritage Grant we studied the demographics, mortality, movement levels and the risk of vipirid paromyxovirus transmission in a group of one hundred rattlesnakes (Crotalus spp.) moved by a private fire department from human habitations and businesses as a service to their subscribers in areas around Tucson.

Activity ranges were documented in nine snakes implanted with telemetry transmitters. Twenty snakes were tested for the presence of the humeral antibodies to the vipirid paromyxovirus. Ninety seven snakes were marked with Passive Integrated Transponders before release to insure identification and subsequent analysis of recapture data.

When compared to previous reports on non-translocated rattlesnakes, individual mortality was high, and a majority of snakes showed increased size in their activity ranges. We found no elevated titer for the vipirid paromyxovirus. No information was obtain from recaptured snakes.

Those are but 2 of numerous studies on Relocation of crotalids. Obviously fatalities are high. Obviously there is a chance of introducing something fatal to other animals in the relocated area. I am not going to waiste to much of my time posting every article but the two i posted are from obviously well known and well documented field and lab research. There are many more studies out there all showing High mortality levels when relocation is done.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #116
Mustangrde1
Oh and one last thought i forgot to add.

We all have quarantine procedures we use in our own reptile keeping practices to protect our colonies form introduction of unwanted parasites or virus's. We know that a new arrival needs to be seperated to protect our animals from being exposed and potentially as seen many times killing off an entire collection.

Now ask yourself this and you do not need to be a rocket scientist to answer it. What happens to a population of Crotalids if Paromix gets brought in to an area thats free of it and the animal infects hundred more by finding the den that population is useing or just comming in to contact of another animal that does use that den site?

Old 12-22-2004, 12:42 PM   #117
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python Dreams
Talking crap about California from Alabama? I can already hear the dueling banjos playing..... :-)
Tom Baker
Hey Tom-

Your name was brought up by my sister down in HB. I guess you guys have a mutual friend. I am not sure her/his name. I'll e-mail and let you know.

Brian-
Yeah, I don't really see how you can talk crap about Cali. I have been to Alabama many times and there isn't anything worth mentioning. You should see the women coming out of there.....Not too hard to be a womanizer there but why the hell would you want to be? Yikes!

Merry Christmas!

Bthacker

Old 12-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #118
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python Dreams
Tom Baker

And where is your MBA?? Doubt you finished high school but there is hope after all you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
Brian-
Yeah, I don't really see how you can talk crap about Cali. I have been to Alabama many times and there isn't anything worth mentioning. You should see the women coming out of there.....Not too hard to be a womanizer there but why the hell would you want to be? Yikes!
Never said Alabama was such a great place now did I? It just has a $1.43 gas and a cheap cost of living is all. And the women here are lackluster at best on a drunk can't see day. Now the boardering states east and south have a much better selection. Which is another factor I had to consider when I agreed to move in January.

Oh yeah did Scott answer some of your questions with his post?? If not you can always use google to find more information.

Old 12-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #119
Tim Cole
Question New thread?

Maybe Brett and Brian can start thier own thread on "HELL"? OR GETA ROOM! :-)

Old 12-22-2004, 01:58 PM   #120
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfos

Never said Alabama was such a great place now did I? It just has a $1.43 gas and a cheap cost of living is all. And the women here are lackluster at best on a drunk can't see day. Now the boardering states east and south have a much better selection. Which is another factor I had to consider when I agreed to move in January.

Oh yeah did Scott answer some of your questions with his post?? If not you can always use google to find more information.
I appreciate the time that Scott took to make his posts. They are filled with some good information.

Brian-
OK...You might do better in Georgia but I lived in Tupelo and It isn't much better there than it is in Alabama. Now Tennessee is a whole different story. I lived in Nashville and there is nothing but colleges filled with fine Southern Belles. I had some fun there. Good luck on your move. I am done in this thread so I will let you have the last jab if you want.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Bthacker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!