Yes they CAN break the skin... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
saltwaterreptiles
Yes they CAN break the skin...

My male patty, Thorgrim, the one I spoke about yesterday that was a little agressive with one of the girls, decided to make a break for freedom last night while I was topping up mealies and water in the tub, he managed to get out of the tub, and scooted under one of the baseboard heaters in the herp room. Managed to get him out of there and back into his home but man was he TICKED, he tagged my hand twice and broke the skin both times.... didn't hurt, but was ummm... interesting. I was surprised cause I have been tagged by my corns when they were younger and it just seems to me that the leo's bite was actually harder, granted, Thorgrim is an adult male.

But boy was he ever IRRATE! lol.... guess the ladies were driving him crazy and he just wanted outta there! We all know what that can be like don't we guys...

( runs and hides from onslaught of objects thrown by all the ladies on the site, and my fiance!! lol )

Old 11-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
groovygeckos
Heehee, OK Im hiding too now!

Awww, we dont get to see your battle wound? LOL

Old 11-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
thesnakecharmer
Lol,,, yeah I guess your Thorgrim couldn't take the heat!

Hehehe . . sorry to hear you got tagged, the poor lil' guy must have been really freaked out!

Old 11-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #4
saltwaterreptiles
Yeah, its funny, of all my animals, Thorgrim was the VERY last I expected to get tagged from, Odin was my odds on favorite cause he's a little lunatic... lol

Dan, I was gonna take a pic, but my hand was far too injured to hold the camera

Old 11-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
PoohBear03031
Ha, ha. That's weird, my males are no the ones I have to worry about, it's my females. I am scared for my males safety, a few of my girls are just plain nuts. I've only been bitten once, by my female Spaz. She didn't break the skin though.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:16 PM   #6
Southwick Herps
heh, my male did almost the same thing. I was cleaning his cage and he went awol... He didnt know what to do when he got to the floor though, and is farely well tempered... So I just picked him up, and back into his clean new cage!
Crazy gecko...

Old 11-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #7
sirenofthestorm
I was helping my friend sex a large group of juvie leos several years back and there was one that just was not happy being flipped over and looked at. She bit both of us several times, and eventually I had to get a thick leather glove that I normally used to move the pythons around in order to keep her from breaking the skin. Little brat bit down hard...

Old 11-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #8
dragonflame
I got tagged by an albino male at a pet store I used to go to (I hadn't seen the light yet.) He was mean but almost $100 so I couldn't react without "breaking and buying", teehee! I know how you feel!

Old 11-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #9
WizardLizards
I have been bitten several times, by a variety of my leos, and as of yet I have not bled. Granted I work with my hands, I am a flooring guy, so my skin is pretty tough, but I am almost jealous I am not in the "drawn blood" club.

On the other hand maybe I don't taste good enough to really bite down on.

Tony

Old 11-09-2005, 10:05 PM   #10
saltwaterreptiles
I used to be a masonary laboror, and have continued to work with my hands so they are pretty tough too... this little bugger just had a strong bite. I think it wasn't so much the bite, as when he bite he stayed attached and twisted his head, like he was trying to get a chunk...lol...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!