2010 Mussuranas - Feeding on fuzzies! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
28Snakes
2010 Mussuranas - Feeding on fuzzies!

These powerful constrictors are a blast to work with! Really love these snakes, very "indigo" in appearance and temperament.

FEEDING ON MICE (pinks and fuzzies)! I ship none of these before they have fed several times.

$600/pair

Thanks!

Scott Waters
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
JohnAvilla
I thought mussurana were rear fanged and very mildly venomous?

Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
lovin2act
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAvilla View Post
I thought mussurana were rear fanged and very mildly venomous?
Well I thought mussurana had eyes and scales? What's your point?

Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
pilot511
they are rear fanged but aren't too aggressive towards people (unless its feeding time) and have a relatively "weak" venom (venom can react differently in anyone, but nothing more severe than localized swelling has ever been reported).

Old 02-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
JohnAvilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
Well I thought mussurana had eyes and scales? What's your point?
My point being that the add states that they are powerful constrictors.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
lovin2act
Ah gotcha! Yes they indeed are!

Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
JohnAvilla
By yes they are, you mean they are powerful constrictors? That is weird if that is the case. You would think that having venom they wouldn't constrict. All kinds of weirdness in the animal kingdom.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
lovin2act
Yes very much so, I don't have mine anymore but they are crazy constrictors on top of having the mild venom. Very very cool snakes and are considered one of theeee toughest snakes out there. Stories of them chasing down bigger cribos than themselves are out there, and cribos are no slouches! And they feast on the local vipers they come across like they are noodles. They have kingsnake like immunity but would destroy a kingsnake like it was nothing. Seriously impressive animals. The best part is that they are totally tame to handle, but at mealtimes and at night they can be a handful due to their nocturnal nature. When they want to eat, looookout

Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
pilot511
they are said to really like Fer De Lances, but have also been known to eat bushmasters and other south american venomous snakes

Old 03-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
texasrock
Pics?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!