Feeding for baby Bull Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-03-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
Osiris X
Feeding for baby Bull Snake

I was just wondering what they eat, seeing how i have come across one and it looks to small to eat any thing i have. Hes about 7-8" I can take a pic if you guys need it.

Old 05-17-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
Andy_G
From what I understand, they are born large enough to take fuzzie mice.

Old 09-07-2004, 08:19 AM   #3
vscampbell
feeding baby bull snakes

Sounds a bit small for a bull snake to me, any possibility it could be a gopher snake? You didn't say how you came to have the snake. anyway, any constrictor of that size can surely eat pink mice. Once in a while I find a reluctant eater, in that case I put some shavings from the mouse cage into a cottage cheese container and put a pinky in the shavings, put the container in the cage with the snake. Should work fine.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #4
ldydrgn
Pituophis can take meals that are up to 2x their girth. My baby bullsnake gets pink rats once a week.

If the animal was wc, you may have to try live first then slowly get it switched over to f/t.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:17 AM   #5
Mattcbiker
no offense but I would highly doubt that is a bull or gopher snake. Even very small young of these snakes are about 10" at birth.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:18 PM   #6
starwarsdad
Also, bulls can take meals twice their girth, but that does not mean that they should.

If you have an 8" pituophis, it is a record for small size as Matt mentioned above.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!