My website (finally) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:54 AM   #1
PaulSage
My website (finally)

If anyone's interested I have finally gotten my site put together enough for you to bother looking at! I still need to construct the bp, corn, and rats pages, but I'm waiting until I can borrow my friend's camera for photos (mine doesn't like me).

I do have a list of what I expect to have available, what I'm looking for, and a few articles. I included a tutorial on installing heat tape. All of the care sheets and articles are in PDF format to prevent the naughties from copying them. (sorry if the Adobe thing is an inconvenience)

I made the whole site from scratch in Front Page, and I would GREATLY appreciate any feedback whatsoever on it. Please be gentle though, I've never made a website until this one!

www.PaulSageReptiles.com

Thanks for looking!

Old 07-15-2005, 02:07 AM   #2
Wilomn
Looks good so far.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:09 AM   #3
Matt Haines
Extremely well done for a first attempt at creating a website. Coincidentally my site is also a first time. You have very nice looking snakes as well although I am not much of a snake person.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:12 AM   #4
Matt Haines
I will be using your heat tape tutorial as I need to set up our geckos in the near future.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:43 AM   #5
Rebel Dragons
As my sister would put it, your website is bangin!!!

Old 07-15-2005, 06:16 AM   #6
Lucille
I think it looks great, it is balanced, clear, good use of color; I particularly like the textured lettering on your name, that looks very classy.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:01 AM   #7
hhmoore
Looks good, Paul. I am still in the process of setting up my site. Kinda stalled actually, but largely for the reason I outlined on the Home page. It seemed to make sense but, at the same time, I kinda wish it was finished (not sure there is such a thing...seems like there are so many things I could add)

Old 07-15-2005, 12:41 PM   #8
progeckos
I like it Paul! It’s simple but very effective. Did you do the graphics yourself?

Old 07-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #9
PaulSage
Cody, I had a little help from my youngest [brother] on a few of the graphics. Every single picture you see on the site, including the animals in the link-icon thingies are my own animals. (the ones I needed help with were the "corn snakes" icon and the "other rats" icon) Let me tell you though, trying to get wiggly cornsnakes to hold still while you're taking pictures is a bit of a challenge, but I like the way it turned out, so it was worth it.

I had never used Macromedia Fireworks, Photoshop, Front Page or CutePDF until now. But I'm glad I incorporated all of those programs because now I know how to use them!

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Is there anything you think I should change / add / do differently?

Old 07-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #10
progeckos
LOL. I bet taking the snake pics weren’t easy. And I thought baby leos were tough. Did you take individual pics and layer them together in photoshop? It might be a little easier that way. Graphics are fun but sometimes they can be time consuming.

As far as changing anything I wouldn’t because it looks great!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!