Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #81
cookreptiles
Someone advised me to ask my vet how long this snake had to have had these parasites for the infestation to be at the level it currently is. I just got off of the phone with the vet's office and they said that she had to have been infected for 6 months to a year MINIMUM in order for the infestation to be at the level that it is now, but that she may have been harboring the parasites for longer. While that doesn't prove anything 100%, it does help to confirm that she came to me with the parasites already in her system.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #82
KelliH
Wes, I am sorry you resent what I posted, it was not directed at you specifically, but all posting against Ed in this thread. It is my opinion that the negative posts against Ed in this thread are based not on the facts of what has happened. I of course take you at your word and if you say you would react the same no matter who's reputation and business is at stake here than of course I believe you. It should not be about feelings, like you said, it should be about facts. I see the facts one way, apparantly almost everyone else reading this thread sees them differently and thinks I am wrong. I have no problem with that at all and it does not change the way I see things.

I do think that Ed needs to be more proactive in this instance, and he should have been more responsive to Emily but in fairness it was only 2 days after she pm'ed him that she started this thread.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #83
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
I do think that Ed needs to be more proactive in this instance, and he should have been more responsive to Emily but in fairness it was only 2 days after she pm'ed him that she started this thread.
Emily was trying to be patient with Ed after she sent the PM....until this little quote popped up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark from another forum
Mike, great post...I feel the knife you just stuck in my back!

Every living being can harbor internal parasites including snakes, lizards, turtles and frogs. we as keepers have got to do fecal exams to assure our reptiles are clean and healthy.

I have a large collection of ball pythons that are tested randomly by an excellent herp vet. and fecal exams are done all year long to assure me my Pythons are healthy. all the tests have come back negative, and I know without a doubt that no internal parasites came from my pythons!

I traded Emily Cook some baby ball pythons for some crested geckos around a year ago. I know she has added other Ball Pythons after she recieved the ones from me. how can she point her finger at me after a year ?, and why did she not do fecal exams when she recieved these Balls a year ago? Mike I could give a rats ass what you think about me.

That did not come from my python! but this has been a year after she made that trade deal with me?
That made it pretty clear that he had no intentions of following through with Emily any further on the matter and was not the least bit concerned about even the possibility of a serious contamination in his own collection.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #84
Griz
Quote:
Wes, I am sorry you resent what I posted, it was not directed at you specifically, but all posting against Ed in this thread. It is my opinion that the negative posts against Ed in this thread are based not on the facts of what has happened. I of course take you at your word and if you say you would react the same no matter who's reputation and business is at stake here than of course I believe you. It should not be about feelings, like you said, it should be about facts. I see the facts one way, apparantly almost everyone else reading this thread sees them differently and thinks I am wrong. I have no problem with that at all and it does not change the way I see things.

Kelli, it's well known that Ed and I have no love lost between us. I think he has done more to harm this hobby then to help. However, I also believe that 10 months is a long time to be able to accurately place blame.

My issue with Ed here is simply this......Is there a possibility that the parasites came from him? Undoubtedly so. Therefore, Ed should have been very proactive here not only to help save people's collections but also to save his reputation. Err'r on the side of integrity is advice Ed has been given many times before and has yet to heed.

Emily has done her best to show that other sources of the parasites have been virtually eliminated (ie raising her own feeders, lack of new animals etc). Ed, on the other hand, has simply not responded. Normally, a lack of response would not bother me but we all know Ed and he is typically very active in other people's "bad guy" threads.

I look at it this way.....OJ Simpson was found innocent yet the vast majority of us want him to pay for this current crime as a way to punish him for his past crime. Why is that? Because his reputation preceeds him. Same with Ed. He won't get the benefit of the doubt with people here because he has not earned it. Rich Z etc, have earned that right and a right it most certainly is.

So, Ed, with all that said, let's see where you start producing evidence to support the health of your animals. Here's your quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
I have a very good herp vet that I use and we do random fecals on my adult breeders and have not had any positive results yet for internal parasites...all negative!
Start here Ed. Show us the results of the fecal exams. Show us where you have paid to have your animals tested in the past so that you know they are healthy. That at least would give some credence to the above quote.

Griz

Old 09-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #85
cookreptiles
I don't understand why anyone thinks I would lie or make this up? I have only presented facts but I can't control how other people respond to them. Ed sent me some photos of the snakes before he sent them to me--perhaps if one of those photos is of this girl I can post it and a photo of her now? Is that really necessary?

I started this thread 3 days after informing Ed of the issue. In my opinion that is plenty of time to "get back to me" about the origins of the snakes, especially when the problem is a serious one. I was originally going to wait longer to post, but the issue was being discussed on several other forums (where it was apparent that Ed had no intention of resolving things) so I decided that it would be best to bring it here.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #86
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz

Start here Ed. Show us the results of the fecal exams. Show us where you have paid to have your animals tested in the past so that you know they are healthy. That at least would give some credence to the above quote.

Griz
When pigs fly Griz, when chicharones fall from the sky, that is my bet for seeing the results you've requested and mr. clark has stated he has in his possesion.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #87
Jim O
Quote:
Kelli, how long would it have taken you if someone thought they got animals infested with multiple parasites from you? And how long would you have waited if the "breeder" didn't get back to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookreptiles
Someone advised me to ask my vet how long this snake had to have had these parasites for the infestation to be at the level it currently is. I just got off of the phone with the vet's office and they said that she had to have been infected for 6 months to a year MINIMUM in order for the infestation to be at the level that it is now, but that she may have been harboring the parasites for longer. While that doesn't prove anything 100%, it does help to confirm that she came to me with the parasites already in her system.
This narrows the window considerably, now doesn't it?

Then there are Ed Clark's own words copied from another forum (I'd love a link or a screen shot so we can actually see the quote as he entered it) that only add to Ed Clark's refusal to consider that there is even a remote possibility that the source of these parasites was him. Typical and vintage Ed Clark.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:37 PM   #88
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookreptiles
I don't understand why anyone thinks I would lie or make this up?
Emily,

No one with a grain of sense believes that.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #89
Wilomn
Emily, could you post links to other forums where mr. clark has discussed this with you?

thanks

Old 09-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #90
Griz
Emily, just to clarify, I don't doubt anything you say at this point. While there may be other answers as to where they came from, I do not doubt your story.

Griz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!