Dan Scolaro bad guy. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #21
critical bill
Subject: Re: (no subject)
To: luc_cauthorn@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 2:10 PM

I could also ad that the pet shop they were mistakenly directed to did not report anything wrong with them so can only imagine they were unfortunately chilled, but that is a risk you take when your order reptiles in the middle of winter and live in a cold climate. Perhaps next time I would suggest to obtain specimens during warmer climate conditions to avoid any issues. Dan
--------------------------------------------

Are you serious? You control the shipping. You decide whether or not its safe to ship the animals according to the weather. Its not unfortunate for him the animals got chilled, its unfortunate for you. You shipped them and they got lost. Its not his fault.

You tell him to order in warmer climate conditions? How about rejecting the sale until the weather would allow safe shipping to him? This is something you control, not him.

And whats this crapola about discounted animals not having a guarantee? Was he aware of that? Do you mean to say that this guy was willing to drop $600 + shipping for animals with no guarantee? How was he made aware that there was no guarantee? Do you have any emails to confirm it?

It just doesn't make sense....it don't add up. You say your company went above your normal guarantee, but then say to the guy in an email that on discounted animals there is no guarantee. WTF IS THAT ABOUT?

Old 04-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #22
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Dan was supposed to sex them, they were supposed to be 06's so at that age it should be relativly easy.
Except you have stated you state that you believe them to be 6 months old AND that you confirmed what sex they are. So once again, what method did YOU use to determine gender of 6 month old pink tongue skinks? I don't know of many that would guarentee sex on any pink tongue short of it being a proven breeder, unless they have years of experience. And while Dan has been importing these for ages now, I don't believe he actually works with them himself. I don't believe he would stake his reputation on sexing young imported skinks.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #23
Dan Scolaro
Frank:

I just read your postings. And perhaps I don't recall as it was a very long time ago, but...

If I recall correctly, you bought 2 wild caught mossy frogs that arrived alive and quite healthy from your receiving email report. Thus I met the live arrival guarantee.

I recall some days later you reported that one of them was not feeding and it later passed away from some unknown reason quite stocky still and we discussed it and could not figure a cause of death. It did not die the next day as indicated in your posting.

And if I recall correctly, I made strong efforts and much time trying to locate a replacement for free and we kept in frequent contact. And after not being able to locate one, I nicely refunded you for the one frog or provided some type of cash refund - something way beyond the terms of purchase and what perhaps anyone would do for wild caught amphibians.

Also, I recollect that your emails were concerned that I was going to duck from any follow up, but I was in frequent contact with you and you thanked me for the refund and thanked me for remaining in contact despite you mentioned you knew I had no obligation for a replacement or refund.

If I am wrong about this, then I apologize as it was a long time ago and don't understand why if I went far beyond the purchase guarantee, why are you voicing some type of dissatisfaction at this time or implying I was sidestepping you or this customer when I have been up front and accountable for all transactions.

Dan

Chuck, I guess you need to read the details. The box was never lost and no one said it was the buyers fault and the buyer received a live arrival guarantee and an extended guarantee of a skink should something happen to the dehydrated one. It was shipped during decent weather and there were no issues with the weather so don't know what you are aiming at as I simply advised to receive future shipments during better climate times like spring or summer so he might avoid exposing animals to harsh weather conditions so what's wrong with good advice? I never said it was the buyers fault so your posting is wrong. Despite the live arrival guarantee, I would consider to extend it when shipping companies make mistakes and actually did exactly that in this situation so don't know why your statements all seem adrift? And despite it may be some practices to alter guarantees for discounts, I extended my discount for another skink. I also have a two-week guarantee on captive born snakes.

Sorry, but if comments are not accurate or reflect the fact, I may not feel it necessary to comment on them further so no offense if I don't respond to misdirected or misconstrued wording or comments.

Dan

Old 04-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #24
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Yeah Dan keep that shit flowing! You are such a good liar, I'll give you credit for that.
How with 298 post you honestly say thta there was only one other complaint about you. And of course it was false. Dan I have pics of those animals and I'll post them for everybody to see.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #25
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Chuck, I guess you need to read the details. It was shipped during decent weather and there were no issues with the weather so don't know what you are aiming at as I simply advised to receive future shipments during better climate times like spring or summer so he might avoid exposing animals to harsh weather conditions so what's wrong with good advice? I never said it was the buyers fault so your posting is wrong.
Hey Dan, this is what you wrote the guy in an email.
--------------
Subject: Re: (no subject)
To: luc_cauthorn@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 2:10 PM

I could also ad that the pet shop they were mistakenly directed to did not report anything wrong with them so can only imagine they were unfortunately chilled, but that is a risk you take when your order reptiles in the middle of winter and live in a cold climate. Perhaps next time I would suggest to obtain specimens during warmer climate conditions to avoid any issues. Dan
------------------

It was shipped in the middle of winter according to you. How can the weather be decent in the middle of winter if he lives in a cold climate?

You said its his risk that it shipped during the middle of winter. You are placing the blame on him for placing the order and having it shipped the wrong time of year.

Why advise him after the fact that his temps were not optimal for shipping? That's not advice. That's an excuse to use to get of your obligation to replace the animals. Just like the other piss poor excuse that discounted animals have no guarantee.

CRAP DEAL!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #26
Dan Scolaro
More threats? You gotta stop threatening people. Well go ahead and post photos as they were fat and healthy here and you emailed you were happy with them when you got them. If you have demised them in your care the last couple months then any photos of them otherwise healthy will only contribute to your lack of skills maintaining them and damage your companies name further for this bogus thread.

I have photos of them healthy and fat so post away kid. Does your mommy know you are on the internet?

Dan

Old 04-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #27
critical bill
Hey Dan, post your photos. I'd like to see what you sent him.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #28
spawn
Dan, people do not want to buy animals from people who sit atop a pedestal. You cannot tell people to stop making "threats", which are about as threatening as telling someone they're "dumb", and then continue on calling the guy immature. If he did in fact make threats/his father made threats, you must POST THOSE threats as evidence per email or phone recording or some other kind of evidence, as it violates the anonymous third party quoting rule. 300 posts in I thought you would have this sort of thing figured out by now.

You need to post photos and/or evidence of some of the emails/pictures you claim are missing otherwise your credibility [or lack thereof] suffers more. If you did not care what this guy and his father were saying about your "company", you would truly not be in this thread defending yourself. But, you have done the opposite and are in here to my amazement and defending yourself. Do you care or not? Quit jumping around with this miscellaneous garbage dodging Chuck's quintessential flaws with your posting and speak up for yourself. Did you knowingly send the animals to someone in the dead of winter only to wait for the inevitable complaint about cold animals so you could blame nature and not your own poor decision-making just so the money could transfer with no return?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #29
E2MacPets
Chuck, I wouldn't be worried about what Dan sent... I've yet to see a sickly pink tongue skink imported by Dan... they're tough little buggers, truly it's hard to get it wrong with them... I just don't know why the original poster thinks he could accurately sex 6 month old skinks?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #30
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
easy to sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2MacPets
Chuck, I wouldn't be worried about what Dan sent... I've yet to see a sickly pink tongue skink imported by Dan... they're tough little buggers, truly it's hard to get it wrong with them... I just don't know why the original poster thinks he could accurately sex 6 month old skinks?
Here is a link. Read it. You can see bulges A.K.A. Hemipenes! DAn is the Expert anyways, isn't he? I thought he had the confidence to sell me 2.2 healthy skinks.
http://www.geocities.com/pinktongued...rmation_ce.htm

My Dad may have threatend him, actually he called him more of a pig. I had been venting to my Dad about Dan and he wrote the e-mail when I was at work, so I did not get to check the facts. OK It had been three days and the animal died not the very next day. I allready explained that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!