Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
SnakeGirl3
If this wasn't Brian at BHB (or another known breeder), a genetics guarantee from the breeder would not be sufficient "proof" of genetics if you sold the animal. Someone who buys a het should hold that animal until they prove it out and are certain that it is indeed a het before labeling it and selling it as such, regardless of paperwork from a breeder (even a breeder as well-known and respected a Brian). In this case, that should have been Cliff. Once he had proven the animal, selling it to David as a het and asking a higher price for it than your average spider would be perfectly acceptable, but the fact of the matter is, Cliff sold the snake based on an assumption (granted, one he should have been able to believe), not on proof from himself. In this case, I believe that Brian would have been liable for re-imbursing or re-supplying Cliff with another animal had Cliff kept and proven this animal himself as a non-het. But since Cliff sold it, Brian is responsible for nothing. Suppose Cliff switched the animal to a spider he had produced and was calling it the het he received from Brian? I do not know Cliff, and am not trying to accuse him of doing such, but my point is that from the original breeder's (Brian's) standpoint, he could argue that that's what happened and could have told you to forget it. But instead, Brian told you he would try to make it right, which to me speaks volumes about Brian. I'm not trying to necessarily defend Brian (as I have had no personal deals with him), and I do agree that Brian should have followed through in a much more timely manner since he did tell you he would try to make this right. But in the end, he sold the animal to Cliff, not to you.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #42
ShadowAceD
Actually, Chris sold the snake to David who sold it to Cliff.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #43
David Bellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
What resolution do you want exactly?

Again - what did you pay for the animal, and what EXACTLY did Brian offer in value?

Trying to figure out what you consider to be reasonable compensation as the second owner of this animal.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Blind defense of BHB despite all of my email evidence and no response here from Brian.

What does it matter what I paid and what amount was agreed to? We agreed to an amount and Brian said he would send me a list to choose from. That never happened. Hence this thread. What mystery are you trying to solve?

Old 11-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #44
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bellis View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Blind defense of BHB despite all of my email evidence and no response here from Brian.

What does it matter what I paid and what amount was agreed to? We agreed to an amount and Brian said he would send me a list to choose from. That never happened. Hence this thread. What mystery are you trying to solve?
I am sure that if Brian sent you something less than was agreed to, you would be happy to share what you agreed to. Why not put that out here now, so that when he gets around to it, there is no doubt that compensation was settled upon?

Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #45
bigdogg
I believe this could be a mistake on Brians part as well. Hence why Brian agreed to take care of it. I also know how busy Brian is as he is a friend/supplier of mine. Especially right now during show season and hatching and breeding. He has done like 4-5 shows in the time period he was suppose to fix the situation. Which knowing Brian usually only does the bigger show is a lot of work. Not trying to say he isn't in the wrong but anybody who knows Brian knows it will take him a bit to sit down and make it right.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #46
SnakeGirl3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Actually, Chris sold the snake to David who sold it to Cliff.
My mistake. This snake has changed hands now so many times that I am confused.

If Chris is the original purchaser from Biran rather than Cliff, Chris should be the one to hold and prove a het and claim reimbursement should the animla not prove out.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #47
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeGirl3 View Post
My mistake. This snake has changed hands now so many times that I am confused.

If Chris is the original purchaser from Biran rather than Cliff, Chris should be the one to hold and prove a het and claim reimbursement should the animla not prove out.
So, you're saying, no matter if circumstances change for a breeder, that if they buy a het. they are obligated to prove it out themselves regardless of anything? So, if they sell it to another person and they try to prove it out, tough luck? It is a bad het., but it was not proven by the original buyer so it somehow nullifies misidentified genetics?

As I sad before, BHB already took responsibility for the animal, so none of that is really the issue at hand. The issue is that BHB has said they will do something for David and have failed to do it.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #48
David Bellis
Not sure why this even matters but here you go detectives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bellis
Honestly what I had in mind originally was a nice snake for each lost clutch, ignoring my project completely. Honeybees were $1500 or so at the time and I thought one or two snakes in the $2500-$3000 range (total) would be in the ballpark of fair for both sides. When I asked for a Desert cross, or something in that price range, that was with a kick back in mind. If that's not something you want to do that's fine, I'm just throwing ideas out there to make this work for both sides. - David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@BHB
I understand and kind of forgot about that kick back idea. Sorry nothing in the deserts Next year for sure! Let me know what else and we can hook it up? Have you looked at the chocolate stuff yet? I have some killer combos being made from them. Kev at NERD put a vid out about them as well. Just a thought for Chocolate pins or something of that sort? Let me know what you think? Thanks, Brian

Old 11-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #49
David Bellis
And the snake didn't change hands a crazy number of times. At the time, Chris was going to be sending me a couple snakes. Chris was also doing deals with BHB at the same time. Chris bought the Spider for me and sent it directly to me with paperwork. I never thought for a second anything like this would happen otherwise I would have bought it directly myself. It wasn't to get a smoking deal or a package price, it was just saving me from having to get two boxes delivered. I think Chris possessed the Spider for less than a week.

As far as Cliff goes, I have told Cliff numerous times that if Brian doesn't compensate him I will. If you guys feel that breeders should be able to sell hets left and right and only be responsible for the original cost to the original buyer then I feel bad for the state of the market. Scammers have at it.

In my opinion, if you sell an animal as a het and it doesn't prove out then the animal itself is the least of your concerns. How about the costs of raising a female up to size, getting that clutch and having it be nearly worthless? The morphs come down in price every year where losing out on animals that can be sold or held back for even a single season can be devastating.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #50
David Bellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
So, you're saying, no matter if circumstances change for a breeder, that if they buy a het. they are obligated to prove it out themselves regardless of anything? So, if they sell it to another person and they try to prove it out, tough luck? It is a bad het., but it was not proven by the original buyer so it somehow nullifies misidentified genetics?

As I sad before, BHB already took responsibility for the animal, so none of that is really the issue at hand. The issue is that BHB has said they will do something for David and have failed to do it.
Three cheers for sweet, sweet sanity.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!