Timothy Stoddard, Cajun Reptiles-DO NOT TRADE WITH - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #1
rptilian
Thumbs down Timothy Stoddard, Cajun Reptiles-DO NOT TRADE WITH

I arranged a trade with Tim Stoddard of Slidell, LA back in August. The deal was to trade my group of Veiled Chameleons for a group of Cornsnakes. We agreed to ship simultaneously (my mistake!). Tim did not ship...Since, he has had a myriad of excuses for not shipping. Last email I received in early October, he had had a death in the family, and would be in touch. Note that this was still a month since I had shipped his chameleons. Being as understanding as possible, I waited until the first of November to begin pushing for delivery again...No replies.

So, again...be careful in making any trades with Timothy Stoddard. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Dwight Whitlock

Old 11-07-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
Rainbowboaman
Dwight,
You might want to post his address you shipped to along with any phone numbers & with his email address in case he tries to scam anyone else under a different name. I would also email him a link to this thread.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
KNOBTAIL
Apparently you realized without

rehasing what you should have done to cover yourself..........and didnt. You will not make that mistake again.

Send him an invoice for the total amount of the chameleons and the shipping. Inform him that the matter will be turned over to your attorney for small claims action. Maybe if you are lucky , you may get your corns. Thanks for letting the BOI know.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:32 AM   #4
rptilian
Yeah, I definitely learned a lesson the hard way. I have done deals in the past shipping simutaneously without a problem...guess the odds finally caught up with me. It won't stop me from trading...I'll just take more precautions.

I'll pull the shipping information and get the exact address that I shipped to posted. The email address he used was cajunreptiles@yahoo.com.

Thanks for the advice on how to proceed.

Dwight Whitlock

Old 11-08-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Dwight,

Where did you initially made contact with him? Have you notified the moderators of that site?

Regards.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:00 PM   #6
serpentboy78
Thumbs down NOT NOW

Im in or should I say now was in the process of making a swap with this guy..... Looks like I wont be doing that.. I never do the ship at the same time thing...... never ship 1st either unless I know ya.. I got jacked real good this summer by a guy in FL. named Ron Britt. lost seven snakes with the lets ship same day thing.... I'll stay clear of this trade.. I hope everything gets sent to you.... Mike Clark...

Old 11-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #7
rptilian
Are you still getting emails?

Mike, are you still in contact with Timothy? Just wondering if he is still using the same email address, and returning your emails. If you have a different address for him, could you post it or let me know via email. I would still like to give him a chance to make good on his end.

This will be the last time that I ship simultaneously or first in a trade. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way!

I've sent Timothy a link to this thread, hoping he would feel the need to come through in this deal and clear his name. I will be the first to post it if it does happen.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:05 AM   #8
rptilian
Dan, contact was on Kingsnake...a trade ad I initially posted. Sad thing for me is I had several contacts, and chose Tim to do business with.

Sorry...forgot name in last post.

Dwight Whitlock

Old 11-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #9
rptilian
Angry Update - still no word from Tim

Just an update. Received a new email address for Timothy Stoddard. The two addresses I have are cajunreptiles@yahoo.com and CAJUNREPTILES1@AOL.COM. I have sent emails over the last week to both addresses with no reply. I've sent Tim an email to let him know that I will be sending out an invoice for the value of the dragons...not that I expect I will get anything out of him.

If anyone has contact with Tim, let him know about this thread. I'm still willing to give him the opportunity to make good.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:41 PM   #10
LOSTNCONFUSED
in the first thread you said you sent him vieled chameleons and in your last thread you say : "I will be sending out an invoice for the value of the dragons" which was it veilds or dragons??

John Peraza

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!