High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #71
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
It was aked earlier but I did not see an answer.

Who is Damon / Brian?

It was provided on page 2 of this thread...but here is the link anyway. over 600 posts of eye-crossing reading, but lots of unsavory things can be found amongst it all.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...871&page=1&pp=5

Old 01-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #72
Wraith
hmm.. link didn't work right. let's try again.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...71&page=1&pp=5

Old 01-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #73
fuscusking13
scott...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
Thanks.

So other than the BPs that you mentioned he bought your entire collection?
All but 4 balls, the two females I have for sale, 1 normal male I have to keep because I bought it for my best friends son, and promised him I would keep it(cant break a promise to a two and a half year old kid), then I also had a pastel male that I gave back to the breeder I got him from as a pet for his kids, and then I have a rescued male normal burm who is over 14 years old, and shoots blanks bless his heart, so I am stuck with him as well- although he is an easy keeper. He bought my african rocks, retics, borneo short tails, and my Aussie water pythons. I didnt have a huge collection, the most snakes I ever had at once was about 20ish, and I sold a pair of bloods right before selling the rest to David. Dan M.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #74
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
Now you are seeing exactly what I am seeing. Which is. Everything is not fitting exactly as it should. And the only time his name appears is on the website. A website he can edit. It does not appear anywhere else.

The above can be found on their website. In one sentence they claim to have one of the largest collection. In another sentence they have a closed collection and do not have a huge selection.

In his “about us” on his website, he claims to have a closed collection.
But as of 6/27/06 http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...59&page=3&pp=5
He posted the following

So, do you have a closed collection? or an open one?

On 6/27/06 he posted

No partners no nothing
But his website is registered to
Capps Tim tim@cappsnet.com
1054 E Artesia Blvd
Long Beach California 90805
United States
(562) 428-9846

The phone number (562) 428-9846 is registered to
Ortiz, K
1054 E Artesia Blvd, Apt 1
Long Beach, CA 90805-1567
(562) 428-9846

Domain Name: HIGHENDHERPS.COM
Created on: 11-May-05
Expires on: 11-May-07
Last Updated on: 27-Apr-06

As aforementioned, you appeared on the scene shortly after Damon disappeared. Even your website appeared shortly after Damon disappeared.
And you are going around posting that you need someone to make you some super duper website. It seems to me Tim Capps can do that for you. I looked at his Resume.

Huh? Been in business that long? As aforementioned, you did not appear on the scene until summer of 2005. Which is shortly after Damon was spotted going through Arizona headed towards the South from california. but you claim to be in business since YEARS before 2003

Inconsistencies,
You claim a lot of animals. I see very limited amounts.
You claim all these breeders. I see nothing but babies.
You claim a closed colony. But you have a trade in Policy and receive animals weekly.
You claim to be in business since years before 2003. No one has heard of you until 2005. No one has heard of you until a couple months after Damon disappeared.
You claim incorporation. I just did a search http://www.sos.louisiana.gov/app1/paygate/crpinq.jsp There are no Louisiana corporations for high end herps or david Beauchemin or tawni Beauchemin

All the white page listings I did have your name wrong too. In Fact, I can't find a David anywhere.

Consistencies
Your website is registered in California.
Damon is from California

You're in the south
Damon was last spotted heading for the south.

You appeared in summer of 2005
Shortly after Damon Disappeared

You are both interested in the same type of snakes.
You are both interested in the same crosses.

You both like to make yourselves sound bigger than you really are.

I would like to add. Which snakes are the high end snakes?
Anyone can throw in a rock with a burm and get a cross and scream high end.
I would not pay you $20 for those things.

To make a long story short.

You have no partners but use different people to register your site.
You are a corporation in Louisiana but can't be found there..
You have been in business YEARS before 2003 and no one has heard of you.
You have one of the largest collections in the industry but no one has heard of you and most of your animals are babies.
You have a closed collection but you take in new animals weekly. (your post…not mine)
So you built a facility?.............can we see pics?
Definition - clean his house and baby sit his kids.
PS. I am a real business and can at anytime give anyone my EIN.
Do you know what an EIN is?
I don't know what folks are looking for here, however, Tim and Karen Capps are very good people. Karen sat in on the Board of Directors for SCHA when I was President, helped at NARBC, ran a rescue for unwanted animals and Tim has built and maintained a few sites including this one. http://www.snakesonline.com/portal/a...opDefault.aspx

Old 01-09-2007, 02:28 AM   #75
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
I don't know what folks are looking for here, however, Tim and Karen Capps are very good people. Karen sat in on the Board of Directors for SCHA when I was President, helped at NARBC, ran a rescue for unwanted animals and Tim has built and maintained a few sites including this one. http://www.snakesonline.com/portal/a...opDefault.aspx
What I was looking for are answers.
Like how do the Capps now David and Tawni.

and Most importantly, What state did High end herps file their incorporation papers in?

I could not get an answer.

they keep saying ask them. and they will answer.

Well I asked.....and they avoided.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #76
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by High End Herps Inc
Good Lord!

Why hasn’t anyone ever simply picked up the telephone and called to ask us personally about any of this? We could have saved these people a whole lot of time and effort. But we have received no telephone calls, no emails, not even a quick pm to ask us politely and respectfully about any of this.
Thanks for reading,
Tawni Beauchemin
I politely ask

1. What state were your articles of incorporation filed in?
2. Why do you need Tim and Karen to register your site for you.
3. So is your collection closed or open?

Does anyone know if the picture I enclose with this post....is it David?
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2007, 05:33 AM   #77
dutchallison00
This Is Absurd

To David's attackers I have a very honest question to ask: have you considered that there is even the slightest possibility that you might be wrong about him? The reason that I ask is that you seem like generally decent people with relatively well thought out arguments, but you've conducted this thread like you know something the rest of us don't... like you have conclusive proof beyond all doubt that David and Brian Smith are the same guy. The trouble is that you haven't shown it. You've detailed a vast number of matters of opinion (many of which I disagree with you on) and to sum it up you say that there's just too much that doesn't add up. A collection of small arguments that may or may not be correct in the first place, no matter how many, does not add up to proof... and the burden of proof is on you the accusers, not David. Imagine that he is not Brian Smith, and that you are in his shoes. Would you offer specific rebuttals to some of the extreme accusations about him just because someone you've never met demanded it? I wouldn't. If I barraged the general public with 16 pages worth of "evidence" of how you were this reincarnated monster from the past who cheats fellow herpers, beats women, and whatever other crimes Brian smith is guilty of, would you then readily tell me what state your business is registered in and why a friend built or hosts your website? Would you post pictures of yourself and your animals for me? Probably not. And that isn't even the extent of the allegations that you've thrown at David. You've chastised him for saying that he has a closed colony while in the same breath saying that he regularly purchases and trades for new animals. Have you considered that he might have an elaborate quarantining procedure in a completely separate facility that allows his collection to be "closed" until he deems an animal fit to enter it? He does. You also accuse him of claiming to be larger than he is and posting pics of mainly young animals and very few older ones. Look around; breeders sell snakes... most often baby snakes... these are the pics that they post to entice the public. Sure there are many pics to be seen in all the forums of adult snakes, but that doesn't obligate anyone to be completely forthcoming with every single animal in their collection just to prove that they have them. David has sent me dozens of pictures of various breedings and breeders because he and I are friends and I asked him about them out of pure interest. What I didn't do was attack him and then demand that he send me pictures of his animals to prove his identity. I imagine that wouldn't have gone very well. None of you has seen the majority of my personal collection, if you've seen any of the pics I've posted at all. Does that mean that I don't have those animals? Does that mean that if we had a conversation about them that you'd accuse me of claiming to be bigger than I actually am? You accuse him of not existing until his website was built. Did it occur to you that he might have been in business prior to going online? I have bred and sold and purchased snakes and I won't have a website for at least a year. Does that mean that I don't exist? You find it troubling that he and Brian Smith share an interest in the same animals. When you consider that the animals that David breeds and sells include the vast majority of the boids and morphs available today excluding ball pythons, and even some colubrids it would be difficult to find a snake enthusiast anywhere that doesn't share his interests. I'm into Retics, Burms, Bloods, and Boas, and I think his albino hybrids are simply breathtaking... does that make me Brian Smith? You tried to bait him in to a fight by saying that you are a legitimate business and can supply anyone with your EIN and asked if he even know what an EIN is. I suppose you were trying to indicate with this that his business is in some way not legitimate. Well I have a legitimate business and I have no EIN. I have an IBT (Illinois Business Tax) number but do not require a federal EIN as I don't have any employees. Does that make my business illegitimate??? Does that make me Brian Smith??? You also attacked a picture that he posted of an enormous albino granite saying that she is grossly overweight and kept in an enclosure that is obviously way too small. I've come to kind of "know" that snake through correspondences with David. He loves that snake like a daughter. She has a name. She's a proven breeder. If you've tried in the past I'm sure you'll agree with me that unhealthy and unhappy snakes don't have large, successful clutches. That albino granite does. The fact is that the picture he posted shows about 1/3 of the entire cage that she's in. It goes back to the left (in the picture) for several feet. I know this because I keep all of my retics and burms in almost identical cages... cages I got the designs for from David. In addition you claim her to be grossly overweight and unhealthy. She just ate a 60lb. pig... he says this himself in the post. Without starting an entirely new argument, huge snakes eat huge meals and consequently have huge lumps. This is a burm that is over 20 ft. and over 200lbs. A 60lb. pig is less than 1/3 of her body weight and not an unreasonable meal. I feed 4-5lb. meals to 15-20lb. retics with the same proportionate results. They aren't obese, they just ate a large meal. Am I abusing this animal??? Is he grossly obese??? Does this picture make me Brian Smith???

I'm not trying to pick a fight or add fuel to an already unnecessary fire, I'm just asking you to consider that there's at least a chance that you're wrong. If you had this conclusive evidence that David is not who he says he is I'd be the first one to apologize to you and join the witch hunt. The fact is that I believe what he says as he's never lied to me and in fact gone drastically out of his way to help me with absolutely no personal gain of his own. Consider that you might be hurting a man who you've truly never met and has truly never done anything wrong to you. If you are wrong about him wouldn't the bad that you are doing right now far outweigh the good done if you are right? If he is Brian Smith or Damon or whoever, it will come out sooner or later... until then or until you can prove that why not just let the man be. If you don't like him fine, don't buy from him. But don't throw enormous accusations about what a monster he "might" be if you happen to be correct about some inconsistencies that are largely a matter of opinion. Like I said he owes you no explanations for anything. You as the accuser owe him and us the public proof of what you say. So if you don't have it, please stop.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #78
Hues1
Quote:
This is a burm that is over 20 ft. and over 200lbs. A 60lb. pig is less than 1/3 of her body weight and not an unreasonable meal
Thats the most "reticulated" burmese if I ever saw one

Old 01-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #79
Tenor Goddess
That quote was referring to David's burm, not the above retic. If you read down another line, you'll see his comment of " I feed 4-5lb. meals to 15-20lb. retics with the same proportionate results"

Hugs!

Amanda Rose

Old 01-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #80
HerpVenue
Quote:
I suppose you were trying to indicate with this that his business is in some way not legitimate. Well I have a legitimate business and I have no EIN. I have an IBT (Illinois Business Tax) number but do not require a federal EIN as I don't have any employees. Does that make my business illegitimate??? Does that make me Brian Smith???
Thank you.

But that is where you are wrong. He is a corporation. He is also looking for employees................

So far he is not registered in the corporation database of 11 states. only 39 more states to check.

and I understand about proof.

but here is something you must also understand.
I have been with the BOI since about 10-11 years ago. I remember before it was even the BOI. I remember since way before the owner even devulged that he is the one running it (it was called the blacklist at the time....I think)

And there is one thing that has been constant.
You find all htese things that do not add up.
You find the person avoiding the questions.
You pretty much found yourself a scammer...... or an ex-scammer who has acquired a new identity.

Consider that there is a chance we are wrong?
SURE !!!!!
No problem !!!!!!
That is why I was pointing out coincidences.... inconsistencies....and asking questions

Fine I will lower my questions down to 3 THREE

1. What State did you file articles of incorporation in.
2. Are you a closed or an open colony (you can't be one and the other at the same time)
3. Hey I thought the person who bought Damon's place was named Karen. I thought I heard somewhre that she also ran a rescue. Is this the same Karen?

P.S. Nothing bad against Karen if she is the same person. it just shows another "detail" that ties David to Damon.

PPSS a person can be in business for a long while before going on the net. but at least one person somewhere would remember it that way.

You are defending them on their word. I happen to be crucifying them on inconsistencies of their word.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart