Stroll down memory lane is painful! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-27-2004, 05:37 PM   #1
mycurlylocks
Stroll down memory lane is painful!

Geez,
How many of us folks remember the Etch A Sketch? I remember spending hours trying to make a circle or anything decent on it. I never could master a curve. I was just happy being able to come fairly close to rounding off the edges of some pictures.
Then a friend has to send me this link to let me know how incompetent I really was.....

http://www.etch-a-sketch.com/html/artgallery.htm

Now that I have been reminded about painful childhood memories, I shall slink off and find myself a drink and maybe my blankie!

Candy

Old 02-28-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
Phil
Etch a sketchy

Candy,
Wow. Is that for real? As someone who spent countless hours of my youth etch a sketching away that is just unbelievable. All this time I thought my square trucks with the square tires were pretty dang good.

Take care & God bless,
Phil Frost
ZNJ Exotics
znjexotics@hotmail.com

Old 02-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I don't recall the etch-a-sketch being capable of depth in shading. I don't think those were done on an etch-a-sketch. If you look closely, almost all of them incorporate depth in the shading, darker and lighter shades. The etch-a-scetch didn;t do that....did it? It's been a long time, but i don't think so.

I think someone is just using the etch-a-sketch image as a frame for pencil sketches.

Old 02-28-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
Ken Harbart
Nope. Those are indeed real, and I've seen a couple in person. Sketches like the ones featured take 40-50 hours of work.

Old 02-28-2004, 10:20 PM   #5
Phil
Talking Truly amazing

If those pics are for real (and I have no reason to believe they are not) it is incredible to me that they were done on an Etch A Sketch. That makes me want to go out and buy one . . . . . for my kids of course.

Take care & God bless,
Phil

Old 02-29-2004, 12:41 AM   #6
diamondback1
How do they do that???????????????????????

Old 02-29-2004, 12:02 PM   #7
Laura-Lee
WOW I feel so incompetent....lol...I never would'a thought you could get such detail using an etch-a-scetch...I think the kiddies and I are going to go out and see if we can find one

Laura-Lee Laberge

Old 03-05-2004, 09:31 AM   #8
mycurlylocks

Okay, I will be the first to confess. I went out and bought an etch a sketch. I can see how to do the shading....
BUT, age hasn't improved my skills any! I still can't even make a circle! Maybe I should set this as one of my big goals in life?
Got to have something to look forward to!!!
Excuse me? NOOOO!!! Don't shake that etch a sketch!!!!!!!
ARGHHHH!!!!!!

Candy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!