Big Apple Desert Rays Radiant Heat Panels - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 07-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
ejtchr
Big Apple Desert Rays Radiant Heat Panels

I'm looking at these for my Jungle carpets. They are half the price of other heat panels. Does anyone have an opinion?

Eric Jensen

Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
BoaMan Jon
Bump...

I'm looking at the same product and don't necessarily want to be the first to try one. If I could find an opinion it would be great.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
Looks like a glorified heat mat to me. They're cheap because there's nothing to them.
I suppose if they can be used in the manner described they can technically be called heat panels, btu it sort of seems to be a misuse of the term to me.

I think I'll stick with the Reptile Basics heat panels I'm using. They're more expensive, but sometimes it really is a matter of you get what you pay for. The extra cost in that case also buys you a 10 year warranty.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
sb1127
Don't waste your money. They are not heat pannels, in fact they barely qualify as heat pads. The stiching around the edges is a dead giveaway. In order to make the "panel" radiate more efficiently you have to cover the back of the panel with aluminum foil and then tape it to a piece of styrofoam. I sent it back and got a Pro-Products panel. I just bought my second one and will be getting a third at the next NY Expo.
You get what you pay for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!