unusual behavior - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
TheKingOfPrague
unusual behavior

My hog shed keeps moving back and forth towards the front of her cage. She just shed her skin, and refused her meal this week. she refuses to be held. is this normal? she's refused food before, so i guess i'm more worried about constant moving.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Nyoka77
My baby western actually does the same thing, its almost like shes going crazy and pacing back and fourth. It took her over a month to start eating once i got her. She stopped doing it now, but she will do it occasionally when shes "stressed" or scared, then she wont eat and run away from me.haha Possibly theres something you've done differently with her lately? Different environment..etc? It could be because she recently shed. I would leave her alone for a week and then attempt to feed and handle her again. how old is she?

Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 AM   #3
ladyserpent7
you have nothing to worry about david..this is normal...and it is because she just shed ...just give her some time..shell start eating again..theyre known to stop eating randomly...with mine..i guess ive had her for so long that she doesnt try to run away from me even though shes in her shedding cycle..but i try not to bother her during that period anyway...the constant moving thing..dont worry...shes just being active..exploring if you will.....or trying to get out ..hehe..tell us when she eats again...but wait a week before you try to feed her..

Old 05-02-2006, 05:01 AM   #4
TheKingOfPrague
she finally ate. She has mellowed out thank god. thanks for the info everyone.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:13 AM   #5
ladyserpent7
see...everythin will be alright

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!