where have all the cowboys gone - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #1
TooManyBurmese
where have all the cowboys gone

Sorry that stupid song is stuck in my head, even though I haven't even heard it in at least a year!

Anyway, last night I stopped at a bar for a quick drink before I went home to my lonely house. I no sooner got my drink than a somewhat decent male sits beside me.

We get to chatting and he reveals to me that he has been hurt so many times that he no longer stays faithful or even respects women.... he then asked for my number...

I ask, where the hell are the normal guys. (There is a daddy long leg on the wall beside me, it's freaking me out.) WHERE? How come everytime I go out "trolling" I am stuck listening to creeps while all the nice guys are hiding. I don't dress slutty all the time. I don't wear makeup. I think I look pretty good. Arg

Old 09-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #2
bcfos
LMAO... Shot his self in the foot before he even went for the numbers. God how I love rank amatures.

Old 09-09-2004, 06:02 PM   #3
robin d.
well the cowboys are down here in texas, but quite a few of em are man whores..... but we still do have many a decent man down here that are non man whores and very nice

Old 09-09-2004, 06:12 PM   #4
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Holy dog****! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!
The real cowbys have relocated to Central Florida, Robin. I've got a black Stetson sittin' on my desk that proves it.

Old 09-09-2004, 09:17 PM   #5
Lucille
Well son, put on the Stetson, saddle the mare, and ride out to Pennsylvania to help a Fauna damsel in distress

Danni, I ain't no cowboy but I think you're the best.....

Old 09-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #6
CAV
Quote:
Originally posted by robin s.
well the cowboys are down here in texas, but quite a few of em are man whores..... but we still do have many a decent man down here that are non man whores and very nice
Robin, on behalf of true Texas men I thank you for your kind words.

Ken, we have a quote in Texas for "Florida cowboys":

Quote:
"Big hat, no cattle"

BTW, love the AWB countdown avatar. I've got an order or two that are ready to place for new post-ban merchandise.

Old 09-10-2004, 12:00 AM   #7
Ken Harbart
LOL Gary. I thought a few Texans around here would get a kick out of thet one. Credit for the quote, of course, goes to R. Lee Ermey. Seriously though, Texas is just about the only other state I'd consider moving to at this point in my life.

FL is a cattle state, too. Our version of the Texas Longhorn is (I kid you not) the Florida Cracker. Granted, we don't have the sheer numbers of cattle that Texas does, since most of our agricultural land is devoted to citrus.

The avatar is a bit of a hassle to keep current, but it's worth the effort.

Old 09-10-2004, 02:17 AM   #8
robin d.
Quote:
The real cowbys have relocated to Central Florida, Robin. I've got a black Stetson sittin' on my desk that proves it.
pseudo wanna be cowboy..... get yer ass down here man.... no huricanes were just flash floods (in some areas) and tornadoes( in other areas)

Old 09-10-2004, 04:49 AM   #9
Lucille
Ken I had not even thought about Florida running cattle. Do y'all have rodeos and stuff too?
I have been to the big rodeo here and it is awesome; but one of my quintessential Texas experiences was when I used to own a horse, going to the small town stock auctions to buy equipment ( bought a saddle once at auction). It was absolutely another world, with real cowboys talking to each other, people outside selling baby goats, the unmistakeable scents of chewing tobacco, horse manure and leather from the many saddles/bridles etc. permeating the air.

Old 09-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #10
robin d.
i was on the professional show circut at 13, i had exceeded my amature points. I showed halter, western pleasure and western equtation... i went all over the US .....and i showed for others as well. and for fun we would play on the "cutting horses" or have match races down near el paso or in louisianna

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!