Good Guy Jeremy Stone - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #31
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
So these are ads for descendants of the female that Jeremy smuggled into the US?
Yes, the project was renamed Fire and there are offspring in the US and UK as far as I know, I believe more info might be in the thread that was linked above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Wouldn't the Brazilian government have a claim to them?
I was wondering the same thing.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #32
Rhacosaurus Gex
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
I think you meant to say NOT awesome guy...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=452678
My experience with him has been awsome. +1 vote for good guy

Old 06-18-2015, 04:05 PM   #33
tommyhil4_6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Yes, the project was renamed Fire and there are offspring in the US and UK as far as I know, I believe more info might be in the thread that was linked above.

I was wondering the same thing.
Nope.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #34
Greg Riso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhacosaurus Gex View Post
My experience with him has been awsome. +1 vote for good guy
I don't doubt that you, as well as others here have had good experiences with Jeremy Stone in the past. To vote him as a "good guy", knowing he committed a felony that put a negative spotlight on the reptile industry, is pretty f'd up at best.
I've had dealings with him in the past that were shady on his part, and now it's not hard to understand why. The guy is a shady character that I personally won't be dealing with again.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:17 AM   #35
HerpVenue
My opinion.
The zoo keeper saw how much money he was making, decided to change his story. That animal would have just died in that zoo. I for one am glad he got some babies from it.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #36
RaceSanchez
Was the Zoo Audited, reason why all this came out ?

Fire Diamond ?

So, after reading the News story, smuggled/falsified paper work in order to get the White boa through customs. I dont see the big deal = ) ! You know the kind of crap that goes though customs everyday ?

My thoughts would be this- If anything, the zoo may be at fault just as much (Giving him the benefit of the doubt) there is a big grey area between zoo/locals. I think there may be more to the situation than meets the eye. However, making that kind of money on off spring is a different story.

Cheers.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #37
Occidentalis
It is absolutely unbelievable, the lengths some of you seem to be willing go to condone / explain away biopiracy and smuggling. The Stones, through a scheme of forgery, exploitation, direct lies and explicit smuggling, took a natural resource from the country and people of Brazil, all the while lying to you and denying it to your faces and threatening litigation to anyone who spoke up against them - yet you stick up for them. These are quite obviously people exhibiting multiple common hallmarks of "Bad Guys", as it whatever local yokel facilitated the smuggling operation out of Brazil.

Let me try to explain why this isn't isolated, and affects people trying to work within the law. Brazil is already among the hardest countries for foreign scientists to work in. They already require FBI background checks on us as part of a complicated research visa. People pulling stunts like this, in conjunction with American bioprospecting (which this was, in a way), is exactly the reason why there is a huge distrust of Americans in this and other foreign countries like India. It already takes us months and months to get tissues out of the country because of past issues with this nonsense. Please don't make it harder!

To say it is worth it because there are now white mutt Boa constrictors to be had as pets really chaps my ass. The fact that many of you seen to covet these animals for your own personal use to the point that you're willing to excuse the Stones' behavior turns my stomach, and is frankly embarrassing to have to explain to folks not familiar with the hobby.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #38
wohlerswi
Very well said alex. I personally hope they start confiscating the descendans of diamond that people bought.

It really makes me laugh out loud that people went so far as to rename the morph to separate themselves from jeremy. Everyone knows they ate direct descendants as well and changing the name is just plain stupid. Also thinking that this now "protects" them from losing their animals is just plain ignorance. Personally I can't wait till it happens. This is a huge black eye for our community and anyone that supports jeremy, what Jeremy has done, or this morph deserves what's coming. Till then I will be pulling up a chair and popping some pop corn

Oh and who cares about yet another white snake.
.....pathetic really

Will

Old 06-19-2015, 07:13 PM   #39
wohlerswi
Sorry for the spelling error on my previous post. It should read.... Everyone knows they are. ..... not everyone knows they ate
Will

Old 06-19-2015, 08:48 PM   #40
Greg Riso
Alexander, you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm appalled by the complacency here. It seems the members of this community have really gone down hill in terms of morality. IMO, that one white snake may as well be a white rhino. The principle is the same, except it would be a bit harder to smuggle. If Jeremy could though, why not?http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/africa...n-white-rhino/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!