Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 202 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #2011
WebSlave
Did Ty have something else going on in his life at the time to put him on edge? In my opinion, he just made an unwise decision without fully thinking through about the consequences. As I said before, had he just told all the raffle winners he was sending the more valuable purples, basically sharing his good luck with them, what a fantastic PR bonus that would have been for everyone. What an extraordinary opportunity to put yet another feather in his good reputation cap. But no, in my opinion, he just blew that opportunity. Why? SOMETHING must have been going on that had him preoccupied and just not considering the situation clearly. He is obviously a smart business man, yet this decision just doesn't fit that profile.

So instead, now Ty is spending money on fighting the results of that poor decision that he COULD be spending on more conservation efforts. Can't this just be settled here and now and everyone can just cut their losses and move on? Hasn't enough damage been done? It's only going to get worse for both parties now, is it not? Why fight a mistake instead of just hunkering down and FIXING it?

Ty, please just make the first move to fixing this to show everyone that you really are the great guy that most people believe you are. It can't be fixed any other way. Win or lose in court, the resulting damages are going to be far more than anyone will want to bear for both parties.

IMHO, of course.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #2012
Mike (The M)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Did Ty have something else going on in his life at the time to put him on edge? In my opinion, he just made an unwise decision without fully thinking through about the consequences. As I said before, had he just told all the raffle winners he was sending the more valuable purples, basically sharing his good luck with them, what a fantastic PR bonus that would have been for everyone. What an extraordinary opportunity to put yet another feather in his good reputation cap. But no, in my opinion, he just blew that opportunity. Why? SOMETHING must have been going on that had him preoccupied and just not considering the situation clearly. He is obviously a smart business man, yet this decision just doesn't fit that profile.

So instead, now Ty is spending money on fighting the results of that poor decision that he COULD be spending on more conservation efforts. Can't this just be settled here and now and everyone can just cut their losses and move on? Hasn't enough damage been done? It's only going to get worse for both parties now, is it not? Why fight a mistake instead of just hunkering down and FIXING it?

Ty, please just make the first move to fixing this to show everyone that you really are the great guy that most people believe you are. It can't be fixed any other way. Win or lose in court, the resulting damages are going to be far more than anyone will want to bear for both parties.

IMHO, of course.
Well said.

Whether he liked it or not, he was under obligation to fulfill the raffle terms. Based on his explanation, he didn't see the terms the way they were (rightfully) interpreted, and that's where the breakdown occurred.

Save yourself the headache, send the more expensive tegu, and move on. Begrudging or not, Elliot made a great point. There is a business relationship, and those are based on goods and services. Not feelings.

The good news is, in the age of social media and the web, things are forgotten as quickly as they set fire. Hopefully all parties can just move on quickly.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #2013
JimM
Quote:

Can't this just be settled here and now and everyone can just cut their losses and move on?
Yeah, wouldn't that be great ? I tune in hear everyday hoping that's what I'll be reading as the latest news ...

Still surprises me that there isn't a good enough friend in Ty's life that could talk some sense into him about doing the right thing. Maybe they have and are as surprised as we are that he'd be this way and gave up trying

Whatever the outcome is, Ty will from now on have this dark cloud hanging over his reputation.

After all this would YOU drop a few thousand dollors with him ? I'm not into Tegus but if I was I'd look for the other breeders to spend my money with.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #2014
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
That is the post I am talking about,
the other one ( I do not want to look for it) was where he stated,
:" fine, I'll send you one that I produced," and you replied,
" How do I know you produced it?"
you "implied" either he was a liar, or that he could not be trusted, either way, I think that in large part, set the tone for what followed. Again, I am not saying that Ty did the right thing, only that it was predictable to a certain extent. I could tell Ty was very irritated that you did not show the gratitude he was expecting. the relationship was in a bad place before you called him out. My brother used to say "stop talking or I'm gonna slug you" looking back, I should have known when to duck.
Even if we grant all that, what do you feel Michelle is rightfully owed. Today. Now. Given all the evidence? If you feel she is owed $3,000, then why are you even appearing to support Park and his supporters in this thread? I don't see an upside for you here. If you're trying to help educate future buyers in similar circumstances as to how their behavior, even when in the right, can push a salvageable transaction sour, then I suppose I understand... but I still don't see any upside for you to attach that advice and your good name to this thread and Ty Park.

I'll agree with you that she started off high-strung, but I would have been high-strung too. And a buyer's behavior should have ZERO bearing on fulfilling a done deal in which my terms as a seller/provider have obligated me. She could have been the screechiest, most obstinate customer in in the history of reptile transactions (she wasn't, and I'm not implying that), and that wouldn't have changed Ty Park's obligation ONE IOTA.

Even if she went 0-60 faster than some of us would have (and far slower than others would have), it doesn't change the fact that she is 100% in the right as to what she is rightfully (and legally) owed, does it?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #2015
Lucille
Quote:
Can't this just be settled here and now and everyone can just cut their losses and move on? Hasn't enough damage been done? It's only going to get worse for both parties now, is it not? Why fight a mistake instead of just hunkering down and FIXING it?

Ty, please just make the first move to fixing this to show everyone that you really are the great guy that most people believe you are.
AWESOME suggestion. And, along those lines, to perhaps make it easier for all of us to be together again as we should be, as reptile fans, maybe we should regroup and help Ty and Michelle find a way to agree to a solution.

I for one apologize for any of my posts in this thread that may have rubbed anyone the wrong way.
Let's try to unite instead of being so divided.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #2016
DavidBeard
If you ask me, Ty Park is a shining example of everything wrong in the reptile hobby.....arrogant, entitled, dealing with animals purely for profit while assuming this façade of some kind of benevolent humanitarian. The worst kind of villains out there are the ones who pretend to be a hero while sticking knives in the back of those who trust them.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #2017
DNAexotics
As a an outsider looking in I see several issues on both sides case, but my experience tells me that ty will win the legal portion in the end. There are 5 main things I see going against the op here. 1. This thread. As this was stated after a suit was filed, most judges and even arbitrators see that as you asked the court to resolve the issue, and this looks like an attempt to force a resolution in spite of that. I'm not saying that's what it is, I'm just saying that's how they often see it. 2. The raffle was for a tegu the "Will grow up to look like this" and although a matter of semantics never said prize would be produced by him. Also a matter of semantics is the whole alternate prize. Now in the case of contracts ambiguity is argued against the writer, which is ty, however as trivial as it may seem to most he did technically adhere to the strict literal writing. 3. At one point on the back and forth he did say he would send the op a blue tegu from a previous clutch, which was responded with a the how do I know your not just going to get one from someone else. That will be seen by many as a refusal of a prize that specifically fits the parameters of the raffle. 4. The op has posted on here multiple times that she doesn't care where the money comes from, ircf or ty, and that looks really bad to a judge or jury. And 5. Is probably the most important one, as a mass resident the op was not able to legally enter said raffle and could not therefore be the recipient of any prize. Even the court told her that she could only get the raffle ticket money and filling cost back. From the conversations it appears ty didn't know this either, I'm sure he does now, and would have actually given a prize that would have been by mass law not legal.

I could be wrong but I believe ty has a non profit , in fact I'm almost positive he does, and therefore could hold the raffle legally in Florida.

Also I saw some incorrect info a few pages back I wanted to address. A case may be dismissed without prejudice only if a counter claim has not been filed. If one has been filed, as tys defamation countersuit was, it can only be granted if the countersuit has merit enough to stand on its own as a claim and therefore is redirected.

I'm not here to pass judgement or say who's wrong or right, those are just the facts as I've seen in personal experience and from the bit of research I did. At this point I don't think pride or ego will allow arbitration, so we will see what the court says.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #2018
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Yeah, wouldn't that be great ?

Still surprises me that there isn't a good enough friend in Ty's life that could talk some sense into him about doing the right thing. Maybe they have and are as surprised as we are that he'd be this way and gave up trying

Do you suppose Ty even HAS good friends? Or does he just have people that kiss up to him and agree with whatever he says?

Old 06-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #2019
DavidBeard
Quote:
I could be wrong but I believe ty has a non profit , in fact I'm almost positive he does, and therefore could hold the raffle legally in Florida.
This is absolutely incorrect, he has a definite for-profit business in Florida.....him being a non-profit would conflict massively with his wholesale-to-pet-shops business.

The only non-profit entity in this whole thing is the IRCF.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #2020
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
If you ask me, Ty Park is a shining example of everything wrong in the reptile hobby.....arrogant, entitled, dealing with animals purely for profit while assuming this façade of some kind of benevolent humanitarian. The worst kind of villains out there are the ones who pretend to be a hero while sticking knives in the back of those who trust them.
Yeah, the same reason I stopped going and vending at shows ten years ago ... too many Ty Parks on both sides of the tables.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu